Cranberry Juice Availability

Murphey

We found it on the poured juices on the Grand a couple of weeks ago at the buffet for breakfast. Not everyday, but at least a couple of times on a 12 night cruise. They'd always have orange, mostly have apple and then a 3rd juice would alternate...I saw Pineapple, Prune :( and Cranberry as their alternating 3rd juice.

[quote name='LoraJ']Vodka and Cranberry.
I used to drink that all the time but now I have switched to Malibu Rum, Cranberry & Pineapple juice. Yummy![/quote]

That does sound yummy :)

I drink Malibu with Pineapple and a dash of banana liquer (sounds awful but really tasty)

So let me get this straight, at breakfast you just ask for a large glass (or two) of juice bring it back to the room and later use it for mix??

What a great idea:D

On the Grand in Feb. I asked for cranberry juice at the buffet and was told they no longer served it. I also wrote it in on the room service breakfast order....once again I was told they did not have it. I was told in the dining room that I could order it from the bar and pay for it. I drink it every day for a health issue so I was not happy with this change.

I am thread hijacking the Cranberry Juice, however..I like many others am addicted to TOMATO JUICE, on Princess ships I have been on it is available in the Dining Room - Breakfast Menu, HOWEVER it is hard to find in the Breakfast Buffet, never seen it on display pre poured with the Orange/Cranberry Juice, I have asked the buffet steward or supervisor for it and they either say 'not available' or they go out the back of the buffet and get me some. Any other Tomato Juice freaks had the same problem.

Why don't they just pre pour the TJ, would be easier for the buffet staff, as there is a demand for it.

[quote name='jean s']On the Grand in Feb. I asked for cranberry juice at the buffet and was told they no longer served it. I also wrote it in on the room service breakfast order....once again I was told they did not have it. I was told in the dining room that I could order it from the bar and pay for it. I drink it every day for a health issue so I was not happy with this change.[/quote]Good thing they've changed it back, and on our cruise on the Grand Princess this month there was no problem getting cranberry juice.

I must be missing something.I've never had cranberry juice.What is the attraction?
I drink water,Milk,soda(any kind),orange juice,apple juice,pineapple juice,beer,etc,etc.:rolleyes:
Maybe everyone likes it because you have to pay extra for it?

[quote name='BoPippy']I must be missing something.I've never had cranberry juice.What is the attraction? [/QUOTE]

It's a little tart and pretty dry....really refereshing over crushed ice. Different than most juices because they are usually tooooo sweet. It also has some health benefits that many people (primarily, women) appreciate.

[quote name='NSWP']I am sad, no one wants to comment about my tomato juice post, only cranberry.

:mad: :confused:[/quote]
Don't be sad.
I will post for my DH who dearly loves a little tomoto juice with his vodka? :) As well as with his breakfast without the vodka.
But to solve the problem of finding the tomato juice, he just brings a bottle with him and we keep it in the stateroom frig, right beside his bottle of vodka. If we are ever sailing on the same ship at the same time, stop by, I bet cha he could fix you a real good tomato juice PLUS! And he always has a bottle of Tobassco and a few other aditives right there also. ;)

[quote name='Murphey']We are seasoned Princess cruisers, but on our Transatlantic Cruise on the Grand in April, we were charged if we wanted cranberry juice (yes, even at breakfast). Would like to know if anyone has experienced this lately?????[/quote]

Yes this happened to me on the Tahitian last summer, I had to go out and buy my own. I am bringing my own on for all my upcoming cruises because I can't live without cranberrry juice on cruises, I crave it!

The "juice" they have available seems more like flavored sugar water than real juice anyway, so they are doing us a favor! LOL

on carnival, if you buy the soda card, things like cranberry juice and fruit punch are included. We cruised DCL in may and all drinks in the diningroom were included, that was really nice. funny you can get orange juice in the morning and gee you can mix that with vodka or champagne go figure

The last time I had cranberry juice on a cruise ship it tasted like Koolaid so I think you might be better off bringing Ocean Spray if you can get it. I am cruising out of Bangkok on Diamond, so I can forget about it!! I am really shocked, though, that any juice would cost extra at breakfast.

Archived