Inside Room Question

pppiglet

Stuffy ...Nope... but for me I did the downgrade to an inside one time from a balcony with 3 passengers... that was the last time for me ! Now at minimum, I will downgrade to an oceanview... I just have to have that natural light in my room and something to look out at when I awake....But with tough times in the forecast financially for many of us right now, I may have to adjust my minimums and bring a picture of the ocean to hang on the wall and make myself think I am looking out a window ! :eek:

Heard on these boards somewhere, that if, when you prepare to go to sleep, to turn on your T.V. to the bridge cam channel. This way, as the sun comes up, so does your T.V. Giving that tip to my sons and two friends who will be in an inside cabin on deck 2 in January. Don't feel sorry for them, the tab is being picked up.:D

Barry

I have been in suites, balcony, outside, and inside rooms and not felt stuffy in any of them. Actually I like an inside room. Three people in an inside room or an outside for that matter will be cramped.

Shak

Heard on these boards somewhere, that if, when you prepare to go to sleep, to turn on your T.V. to the bridge cam channel. This way, as the sun comes up, so does your T.V. Giving that tip to my sons and two friends who will be in an inside cabin on deck 2 in January.

Doesn't work well on all ships - some cut back and forth between the bridge cam and other things (like a map of the route with the ship's current position, etc etc), so you're getting brighter light intermittently all night long.... :(

I have had inside room 5 times and a oceanview 2times. Never had a problem with stuffyness. This last sailing i thought to get a 3 pack of the tree airfreshners and hung them about. Just gave it an extra special fresh smell when walking in the door. Us to have had the best sleep of our lives. You can literally open and shut your eyes when the lights are out and you cant tell if your lids are moving or not ;) I love it being soooooooo dark. Bring a power strip so you can plug in your digital clock, that gives off just a small glow but keeps you in line if you have to figure out where the bathroom is in the middle of the night. I would also maybe bring a small nightlight just in case. We never used ours but this way you wouldnt be without a bit of light if you need it. And dont lay down in the afternoon on that bed unless you want to nap... cause guaranteed you wont wake for a few hours in that darkness !!!!

Happy sailing.........

It's nice and dark in the afternoon, too so it's great, uh, napping . . . ;)

Uhh; yeah that too!! On one cruise we were coming back from Fanning Isl. in the South Pacific approaching Hilo. Evidently I was chosen for a random passport inspection.

I was sound asleep in my cabin with the door double locked. I didn't wake up for a couple hours & then noticed a message on my phone to bring my passport to the customer service (or whatever it's called) desk. When I finally showed up I was told not to bother then; when immigration saw that I'm a US citizen, they didn't bother with me.

So yes, it's great napping in the middle of the afternoon too.

We have done inside cabins twice. I brought a flashlight but never used it. Both times there was a small amount of light coming from under the door, enough so that I could get to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Did not find either room stuffy.

The air in an inside cabin will be no different than that in an ocean view room since the window can not be opened. Only veranda rooms can get fresh air.

We almost always get an inside room and save many $$$.

We always leave the bathroom light on with the door closed or partially closed, depending on how much light you want, for our nightly visit to the bathroom.

tonyt

I love inside cabins! Well, on Carnival at least. They're plenty large enough.

Stuffy? Hardly! I'm always freezing in the cabin.

Personally, paying extra for a window is a total waste of money for me. If I want to see what the weather's doing, I'll turn to the ship's deck cam. Or even better, I'll get off my big behind, climb a few steps and go out on deck.

Loved my balcony, but love inside cabins, too.

No balcony snob here! If an inside means I can sail more often, then I sail more often. If I were independently wealthy and didn't need to worry about cost, I probably would own my own yacht! ;)

I certainly don't mind an inside cabin. It's nice & dark at night so it's great sleeping.

Oh yes they are!!

On my cruises, my cabins have range from balconies to inside cabins. The main thing is that I'm on a ship!! I normally just book inside cabins unless a sale is going on (on my upcoming cruise, they were offering outside cabins for the same pricing as inside cabins) or the rate difference is under $200 (this was the case on my balcony).

Even with three people, you should be fine. Everyone just needs to get a basic understanding the first day on bathroom, storage and sleeping issues (I say this because the one time I shared a cabin with two people and the person that was in the pull out on the wall change places for the sofe bed because they went to the restroom alot and climbing down four or five times that first night was too much for the person below them).

Every cruise that I went on also have at least two tv channels that show the deck and a view of the ocean.

They are the best cabins for sleeping and those wonderfu afternoon naps!

I have to pace myself with an inside cabin because on the Miracle one year, I slept to noon because the darkness and the temp was just right in the cabin!!

Happy sailing!!

We have always booked an inside cabin on our 11 cruises to date. Twice the price has dropped enough to upgrade to an outside cabin. We have found the Hal cabins are a good size for the two of us and have had no problems. We are booked for an inside cabin on the Volendam March 2010. We are happy just to be on a ship cruising somewhere.

Archived