55 minute connection at ATL

FurKids

If your incoming flight is on time, you should be fine. The potential problem is that Delta uses about 5 terminals in Atlanta. There is a subway that connects the terminals. However, it can be a long walk to/from the subway.

Paul we had an hour between flights on Delta, and if the connecting flight hadn't come in late we would have missed it.

Hahahaha...NO!:eek: :rolleyes:

That airport is a MESS and, when i was there last year with just a LITTLE rain, everything got fouled up!

I wouldn't do less than 2 hours...eh, maybe 90 minutes. with a short connection, the gate-keepers will almost always have you going from one end of the galaxy to the next!!!

One thing we don't know is when your flight is. Depending on what month you are going through, you may have time or you may be pushing it.

I've seen some scary notes about trying to get through Atlanta with Delta a few times. On the other hand, some people have said they've blown through in 30 minutes with Airtran. Whether that's because Airtran uses ATL as home base or not I cannot tell you.

I'd say if you are flying during the holiday season, then no, that's just not a safe timeframe. If you are flying just after the holidays, you stand a good chance of getting through on time.

• If it's the flight going to the cruise, I'd be really worried.
  • If I'm flying in a day ahead, I'd be less concerned.
  • If I'm going home, it's plenty of time:p

We did miss a connection in Atlanta once (Delta). Our connection was the last one out to our final destination that evening. Delta put us up in a hotel and got us home early the next morning.

The aggravating part was that they had just closed the door to the jetway as we walked (ran) up. We watched for about 5 minutes as they did the final on our scheduled flight and pushed back.

Charlie

FurKids,

I live in the South and Hartsfield-Jackson is my second home. I am a very old Delta frequent flyer.

Fifty five minutes is tight but rest assured your flight times will change. When Delta and Northwest complete their merger in November I think almost every flight will be up for grabs.

The best advice I can give, since Delta changed a number of flights this month - again, is to be proactive. Once a week or so, try Sunday's since their schedules often change on Saturday, just check your flight. After the merger is finalized make sure you check within a couple of days.

If your flight is changed by a couple of hours, or your connection time is reduced [45 minutes is a legal connection time] call customer service, ask for the Reissue Desk, and rearrange your schedules. If you can give the agent alternate flights they usually are even more helpful.

Keep checking.

not that i ve tried..but, seeing the connection time s between flight

less than an hr. really worry me..what are airline s thinking when they

book you on these flights?

we read all about the cut-back s by airlines..from food,entertainment,

number of flights and last min. cancelation s..

so lets take those the flight criterias into consideration when

booking..even thru the cruiselines..

If for some reason you miss your connection, they will put you on the next flight (most of the time). I would check the flight schedule when it gets closer to that day, and make sure there is another flight. I'm assuming both flights are on Delta. If they were on two separate airlines, I would be a bit worried, but if it's the same airline for both flights, it is there responsibility to get you to your final destination.

Just remember, if there is another flight later you'll be fine. If not, you better call in to work and let them know you might not make it in the next day!!!haha;)

P.S. I work for an airline now...but when I was 15, I flew by myself and had a connection in ATL. I believe I had a 1.5 hour connection and I made it just fine...at 15...first time flying with at least a half an hour to spare. So you should be fine. Just ask an agent where you need to go as soon as you get off the first aircraft instead of searching for a board and following the signs. Also, I wouldn't be suprised if other people on your aircraft are connecting to the same flight. ;)

Archived