Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

ptcgal, thanks for the post about the 11/3 LOTS cruise Quebec City to FLL. I checked the prices that same day and booked myself a stateroom. Great itinerary and I love the overnight in QC before we even set sail. Thanks again!

Tazremmy, we have a lot of folks on the roll call for this cruise and already have a meet and mingle set up. Please join us!

I actually picked up a aft wrap for March 9 Conquest Caribbean on a no solo supplement rate of $1050. Just happened to be doing a "I'm bored today" search randomly a couple of weeks ago.

It was $300 more at that moment than I would have payed for a balcony but insane to think I could afford a aft wrap as a solo. Nothing like a wrap for $150 a day. My usual solo is a oceanview. Since it is spring break, not my favorite time of year worth the extra cost to live on my own balcony in peace and quiet for the week.

Just looked this week and a balcony is $1500 for a solo. Feeling very happy:)

Transferred my next years planned vacation to a month and a half out and prayed that my boss would say yes, so that was a risk but well worth taking..hard to find wraps open that close to sailing let along without a supplement.

Sorry didn't mark it here but just discovered this thread. Now bookmarked for future finds.

Edited by dolfndreams

Just booked Carnival Splendor o/v for 3/1/14 @ $673.66 incldg. port charges and taxes. This is 8 nights so I think it's great value considering the extra day AND no airfare needed. Got an oversized cabin too with 2 picture windows and room for a dance floor. Didn't want to pay more for a balcony since smoking is allowed. I'd rather sit outside in the non-smoking side of the ship. Plus it'll probably be too cold for the trip down and back to even enjoy it. Yeah, I know, sour grapes. ;)

Edited by cruise pup

Just booked Carnival Splendor o/v for 3/1/14 @ $673.66 incldg. port charges and taxes. This is 8 nights so I think it's great value considering the extra day AND no airfare needed. Got an oversized cabin too with 2 picture windows and room for a dance floor. Didn't want to pay more for a balcony since smoking is allowed. I'd rather sit outside in the non-smoking side of the ship. Plus it'll probably be too cold for the trip down and back to even enjoy it. Yeah, I know, sour grapes. ;)

I see you've been on the Splendor before, thoughts?

Interior and ocean view cabins on the repositioning cruise of the Carnival Sunshine (New Orleans to Port Canaveral) April 6-17 are selling with no single supplement. Interior cabins start at $599 and ocean view at $719. Not bad for an 11-day cruise.

MSC Divina 10/18/14 solo rates including taxes and fees start at $372. I may have picked up the last cabin at that rate but the next cat was $402. Great deal. Cruise goes to San Juan, Sint Maarten, and Great Stirrup Cay. For that price it could go to Pittsburgh for all I care. ;)

MSC Divina 10/18/14 solo rates including taxes and fees start at $372. I may have picked up the last cabin at that rate but the next cat was $402. Great deal. Cruise goes to San Juan, Sint Maarten, and Great Stirrup Cay. For that price it could go to Pittsburgh for all I care. ;)

I am booked for Oct 11th....solo rate, inside cabin, midship for a total of $385.05 ($248 + $137.05 = $385.05......only $49 more because I am solo)

I am also booked Oct 18th.....same cabin....TOTAL....$372.44......$248 + $124.44 = $372.44.......Again only $49 extra because of solo

Two people in a cabin....inside....starts at $199 each

Not sure I will do Oct 18th since I have been to all the ports, but I will do Oct 11th.....I have until the end of July to decide......Only $100 deposit for each. Booking online can be a headache, I called yesterday morning. First time I was on hold less than 10 mins.....when I booked the 2nd cruise, I was on hold for about 45 mins

Not sure if this is allowed

http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/MSC/DEALSTOSEA.aspx?

Edited by arhillbilly

I am booked for Oct 11th....solo rate, inside cabin, midship for a total of $385.05 ($248 + $137.05 = $385.05......only $49 more because I am solo)

I am also booked Oct 18th.....same cabin....TOTAL....$372.44......$248 + $124.44 = $372.44.......Again only $49 extra because of solo

Two people in a cabin....inside....starts at $199 each

Not sure I will do Oct 18th since I have been to all the ports, but I will do Oct 11th.....I have until the end of July to decide......Only $100 deposit for each. Booking online can be a headache, I called yesterday morning. First time I was on hold less than 10 mins.....when I booked the 2nd cruise, I was on hold for about 45 mins

Not sure if this is allowed

http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/MSC/DEALSTOSEA.aspx?

So funny, i was just coming here to post this! The October 4 cruise still has $372 insides.

I have never done MSC. What is it like? I'm not looking to book really but wanted to chime in.

I have never sailed MSC....I've heard both good & bad about the cruise line. I had an internet friend sail on the Divina back in Dec and LOVED it. I am thinking it could go to dry dock before these cruises because if you look at the deck plans it says something about before & after April.....so if the deck plans are changing, that tells me a dry dock...but I thought this was a new ship, so not sure.....Doesn't matter at the price this is.....Under $400 for a 7 night cruise as a solo is unheard of....

I've set up roll calls for both Oct 11th & Oct 18th....come sign up

Edited by arhillbilly