First cruise with Celebrity question

cvanhorn

I know that Celebrity is more attentive to their dress codes, espceially formal nights, than some of the other lines.

Do any of the retired military men on the cruise wear their Dress Uniform on formal nights? The Air Force semi-formal/formal uniform for enlisted airman at the time I retired was the Class A Blues with a white shirt and black bow tie. Have lost a lot of weight recently where I again can fit into it and uphold the Air Force dress standards. :) Before commiting to wearing it for the 3 formal nights of our upcoming Celebrity Mercury cruise I would like the Celebrity community to weigh in with what they have seen and how they feel about this.

Thanks!! Cliff

I know that Celebrity is more attentive to their dress codes, espceially formal nights, than some of the other lines.

Do any of the retired military men on the cruise wear their Dress Uniform on formal nights? The Air Force semi-formal/formal uniform for enlisted airman at the time I retired was the Class A Blues with a white shirt and black bow tie. Have lost a lot of weight recently where I again can fit into it and uphold the Air Force dress standards. :) Before commiting to wearing it for the 3 formal nights of our upcoming Celebrity Mercury cruise I would like the Celebrity community to weigh in with what they have seen and how they feel about this.

Thanks!! Cliff

Go fot it! I have seen this on one of our HAL cruises and considered it very appropriate for a formal night.

Thanks!! Cliff

I think you will look wonderful in your Class A Blues! I would also like to thank you for serving our country!

Laura

I've been to a number of formal functions and military dress uniforms are worn by active and retired. I'd worn mine a few times after retirement, but I'll just say I've 'matured' a bit and would never fit it again. There have been Kilts worn, and dark suits worn a good deal also.

Enjoy, Denny

Thanks!! Cliff

I have seen men dress in their military finery on every single cruise i have taken, and i think it looks really sharp.

You should definitely wear your uniform.

Archived