Guarantee Cabin Status

rolloman

How long prior to your cruise does HAL take before informing you of your cabin? We cruise Oct 25th on Eurodam and still no word. Should I go ahead and complete the online registration or should I wait until the cabin is stated? Thanks for the help, first time HAL cruiser!

I cruise on October 24, 2008 and we don't know our cabin yet either, but I have completed all of the online check in information and have our boarding passes printed.

I check in daily waiting for our cabin to be assigned, and will print the boarding passes again once that happens, but I have heard of people not finding out until they are boarding the ship.

Thanks... I have on other lines not been given my cabin until I checked in but that was only because I booked a guarantee cabin less than 30 days prior to sail date. We booked this one about 4 months out. Would be nice to get an upgrade, never had that happen before.

We sail on 10-18 and just got our cabin assignment so that's approximately 20 days prior to sail date. I think you have another week before assignments will start happening. Happy Sailing!

Did you get upgraded from what you booked?

I too am booked for the Maasdam on October 24th and don't have a cabin assignment yet. DW debbie was on another online site and noted there are lots of cabins still available. One might think that assigning the guarantee cabins before the ship is sold out would create problems unless that level of cabin was totally sold out. I'd certainly consider an upsell at some point if the price were right. I suspect they hold off right to the very last possible moment to assign cabins where there is a chance to make more profit. It is difficult to figure out their logic other than it has to be driven by profit.:)

I'm on the 10/22/08 Ryndam and my ship is entirely sold out (all classes). It was actually sold out *when* I purchased, but I found a TA who had group space, so I snuck in under the wire without having to WL (now there are 62 WL, according to my TA, and I doubt that many will cancel).

Anyway - I'm booked G-GUAR. I have *no* Idea where I'm gonna end up. I've never been on a truly sold out ship before (only ones that *said* they were, but were still able to switch cabins for me when they stuck me in a smoking room and I nearly choked to death - and those ozone generators they try to pawn off on you make asthma symptoms even worse).

Archived