Upgrade to Royal Family Suite Information

Hey all, my wife and I and another couple are sailing on Explorer in February. We were booked in our first balcony rooms ever but TA called and said we could get a free upgrade to Royal Family Suite. We jumped at the chance. Now I am seeking any information you all have about these suites and their amenities. I have read some old posts but would appreciate any of your comments and or experiences. Thanks.

Wow! Nice! You will have a ton of space, and whoever is in the suite will get access to the concierge lounge where you can get gratis drinks in the evening and the "help" of the concierge to book/change excursions, make reservations....things like that.

If the other couple is with you in the suite, they will gain access, too. If they are NOT in the suite, they won't be able to use the lounge.

The other couple is in the suite with us. The TA had to make sure we were willing to live with them for 12 days and we and they are. Heck we have lived in cabins in the woods for weeks at a time and have known each other since being college buddies and roommates. Thanks for the info.

Struter, I stayed in the Royal Family Suite with my sisters and mom last May. There are two bedrooms (one inside) and two baths. A large living area and a nice balcony. Plenty of room. Lots of closets.

As the previous poster mentioned you will also get access to the Conceierge Lounge.

Have fun.

The only issue will be deciding which couple will get the "master bedroom" with the big private bath and which will get the "bunk room" with hall bath - maybe you could switch off mid-way through the cruise.

The only issue will be deciding which couple will get the "master bedroom" with the big private bath and which will get the "bunk room" with hall bath - maybe you could switch off mid-way through the cruise.

VERY good point... Check out the layout and 360Degree views of the suite. The 2nd bdrm is clearly geared for children. The master room is so much nicer.

Evne with couples we are best friends with, this would be something we would need to clear up right away. Either someone pays less, or you switch halfway through (um... do they change bedding daily? :D )

We sailed in a RFS on Radiance, you will also get priority boarding, if you don't already have it. Plus upgraded bathroom amenities, robes and slippers, pillow menu, personalized stationary, cookies or canapes on the formal nights, French press coffee service, and one bottle of Evian water.

Priority tender tickets and I think ice show tickets also.

There is also a DVD player and stereo in the living room.

Enjoy!

Thank you to everyone for the information I really appreciate it. We think the best solution for the master bedroom is to switch off after 6 days but to tell you the truth, this will be my 11th cruise (first not in an interior cabin) and when I'm out of Ohio in the winter in the Caribbean I don't really care about the bedroom as much as my wife does. Heck I could sleep on the floor on a crusie and still have a great time. Thanks again.

Oh, I almost forgot, you also get an extra cruise credit! So for a 12 day cruise you should get 3 cruise credits, I think? I know we got 3 for our 14 day cruise.

You are correct. On 12 day or more cruises the cruise credit has a base rate of 2.

Archived