Why do you cruise Carnival during the winter months...?

VentureMan_2000

I have to say I have found the best prices in November every year. We go the week after Thanksgiving - it is just beginning to get cooler here and I have enjoyed the weather further south. However I would have to say price has been reason #1, warmer weather reason #2.

As everyone else stated...we do it to get out of the cold.....I have to thaw my bones for a week in Jan/Feb. I've never found it cold in the Caribbean in the winter months. Even the water is warmer in winter than it normally gets here in New England in summer...cold is relative. ;)

There are less kids on board and the prices are great.

During the summer New England is beautiful, I can vacation at the beach in my own backyard and don't need to go anywhere....after Christmas comes the two worst months in New England, we can make it a little less painful by cruising. :D

It's a lot warmer in Tampa than it is at home and there's no snow either. Considering that by January, I'm sick and tired of all the snow and ice, it works pretty well for us. Plus we're cruising over my mom's birthday this year.

Because the Midwest can get chilly! It really gives you something to look forward to when it's 10 degrees outside and you can't go out (or don't want to go out!) as often.

I'd rather be swimming in the ocean than shoveling my driveway! :p

As everyone else stated...we do it to get out of the cold.....I have to thaw my bones for a week in Jan/Feb. I've never found it cold in the Caribbean in the winter months. Even the water is warmer in winter than it normally gets here in New England in summer...cold is relative. ;)

There are less kids on board and the prices are great.

During the summer New England is beautiful, I can vacation at the beach in my own backyard and don't need to go anywhere....after Christmas comes the two worst months in New England, we can make it a little less painful by cruising. :D

But seriously... we would never waste our money on a hot weather vacation when it was gorgeous weather here. We love to leave the winter chills and rain, rain, rain behind us!

Seriously!! We try to never leave Maine in the summer. Our summers are so short. I hate when we miss any of it. It's best to break up the winter months. (We have snow, snow snow!) Nothing better than having a tan in February when you live in the north. :D

Do not get me wrong. I really like my job and these days know I am lucky to have it...

I work in fine dining. I work every Thanksgiving. Then I work a bunch of Christmas parties. Amazing how people drink more when the boss is paying. :eek: After I get to work Chirstmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Years Eve. Come Jan 1, I really feel I have Earned a Vacation.... :D Looking forward to a Early January Vacation keeps me from pouring red wine on someones head.:eek:

Once I went to the Bahamas, once was a Trans-Atlantic on QE2. (great discount). Last year was Elation to Cabo. (very nice). This year will just be a 3 day on Paradise in a 1-A . look forward to checking out the Serenity deck :cool:. Usually it is a short cruise with just my son as my better half cannot get off this time of year. This year I am going solo with a couple of books I have been wanting to read.....

Tom in Long Beach

Cuizer2: I think she is supposed to go into drydock Early December....

If not no big deal... Most likely too cold for water works anyway...

She has not had a drydock since she came to L.B. as far as I know.

the paint @ the water line still looks the same. ( one color fwd and diff aft. )

Tom in Long Beach

Just wondering why Folks cruise Carnival during the winter months...?

Because it is really crappy in the winter where I live :eek: !!

Seriously...we usually cruise in February for two reasons. First DH can get away from the family business with minimal impact and living in Pittsburgh by February we are ready for some sunshine ;) .

When we go in February it is a great break - the weather is warm and sunny - and when we get home Spring is not that far away :cool: .

Cuizer2: I think she is supposed to go into drydock Early December....

If not no big deal... Most likely too cold for water works anyway...

She has not had a drydock since she came to L.B. as far as I know.

the paint @ the water line still looks the same. ( one color fwd and diff aft. )

Tom in Long Beach

The no smoking sign is gone, so at the very least it has been touched up. The dry dock in December appears to be for two weeks. I believe they need three for the water works. I can't believe they would take the ship out of service for two weeks, and then shortly after take it out for three weeks. Why not just take it out for three weeks and get everything done?

IMG_3074.jpg

1) I teach and can only go during our February or April break

2) It's so dang cold here I need to thaw out!

3) Snow, sun, snow, sun - do I need say more?

4) Summer and fall are so short and beautiful here in Maine - no way would we miss that!

5) Just check us out! Don't you think we need to cruise in the winter? :D :D

1571186329_backsteps.jpg.51d061371c77c702fe457b143882391c.jpg

Guess that answers your question VentureMan. :) It seems unanimous for us cold weather dwellers.....we cruise in the winter to get the h*ll out of the cold......it's NOT cold in the Caribbean Nov-March compared to the stuff we all put up with. :D

We like to cruise in the winter is because it is sooooooooo nice getting a tan in the winter. I know it does not get as cold in the Memphis, TN area as it does in Main, but it is just really nice and more relaxing cruising in the winter. There's just nothing better than leaving your coat in the car and packing your shorts then boarding that ship heading for the warm sunshine of the Caribbean.....:D

Archived