Princess and Royal Caribbean

charliegirlac

Both cruise lines are great IMO. If you are into sports and big ships RCI is for you .I find after cruise customer service excellent with RCI.RCi gives return passengers gifts in cabin .Princess only a party

CC meetings get food and drinks and gifts ---I won RCI mouse on Rhapsody OTS -.Nothing on Princess

Ice shows on BIG SHIPS fabulous

Food during the day better on Princess

At night comparable on both

Cabins ie balconies about the same

Shows great on both.Although Rci shows BEFORE late dinner NOT CONVENIENT so I missed quite a few

Itineraries more varied on Princess

Laundromats only on Princess VERY convenient on 2 week cruise

Shopping I found better on RCI

But Princess has GREAT end of cruise shopping of discounted items ..we sure bought a lot at ridiculous prices on last sea day

CRew and service excellent on both

Would do both again in a heartbeat

Whatever your choice go have fun !!!

Right now have 1 booked Princess- 2 Carnivals and am looking at Oasis of the seas and Princess cruise going to Israel next spring

Bon Voyage I'm sure your decision will be right for you

Michele

The Dawn Princess is an older ship and would probably compare with the Vision class on RCCL (I think). As long as you realize that you are not getting a brand new ship similiar to what you sailed on RCCL, you will be fine. The Dawn Princess is more like the older RCCL ships.

I have sailed both lines and prefer Princess. I actually like the Dawn Princess. I think she is a beautiful ship.

Princess's decor is not as loud or in your face as RCCL. It is very subdued.

I still prefer the way Princess insides are setup with closets. I hate that Royals have doors that open up to the bathroom. Princess has an open closet... much better.

Really though... there is not much difference between these rooms.

I was thinking and on my Dawns I did not have them in queen formation... I guess that could be the difference.

I agree with Coral... I have been on thirtysomething cruises and the Dawn might be my favorite ship.

Thank you so much especially Big Booper for his insight in to inside cabins. Have given me a lot to ponder over. Neil your point on AUD and USA dollors is the sticking point for us that the moment - Princess is looking more and more affordable...

Thanks again!

Carly

We are considering sailing on Dawn Princess - does this ship have MUTS? Cynbar mentioned considering what was

I would recommend not going on this class of ship while trying out Princess. It is not there *best* product. Go on something like the Emerald, Crown, or Star.

We consider ourselves Princess cruisers (we've cruised 3 times on Princess) and we just returned yesterday from the Freedom of the Seas (our 3rd RC cruise). We enjoyed our cruise very much, but missed Princess in many ways. Overall, we enjoy the Princess decor, pools, cabin storage, and overall "feel" more. It seems more rich and elegant to us. Royal Caribbean does do some things better (beds are more comfy, better non-smoking policies, more friendly staff) but the overall (and I have a very long list) Princess fits us the best.

I would recommend not going on this class of ship while trying out Princess. It is not there *best* product. Go on something like the Emerald, Crown, or Star.

LOL, you guys don't send your *best* products over this way - they have to be almost ready for retirement (in North American's eyes) before they let us near them. Must be afraid we're gonna wear them out! :D

I believe the two ships the OP is considering are Rhapsody of the Seas and Dawn Princess - those are the ones that come over here for our summer. Or perhaps Sun Princess, I believe it is based here now.

LOL, you guys don't send your *best* products over this way - they have to be almost ready for retirement (in North American's eyes) before they let us near them. Must be afraid we're gonna wear them out! :D

Exactly Neil!!! We are considering Rhapsody of the Seas (which is a RCI class of ship I have never sailed on - previously Voyager and Serenade) and Dawn Princess. The only Princess ships that come this way are Dawn and Sun Princess. Only the 'reject' ships head this way - most of the 'new' P&O ships are ex, ex, ex, ships other cruise lines are getting hid of!

Thanks!

Carly

Archived