Any Ideas on what to do in St.Kitts??

findwaldo

Hi all,

can anyone give us some ideas of what there is to do in St.Kitts. I have been looking at all the posts and nothing really current. We will be there in Feb 2009, and this is the only Port in which we have nothing to do.

Thanks for any ideas that you might have.

Cheers

I was in St. Kitts this past March on the RCCL LOS & we did a complete island tour w/ Royston Stevens. www.roystontours.com he is a wonderful young man, showed us a volcano, the towns, held a baby green monkey, & visited several amazing beaches. It cost us $80.00 for my family of 4. We enjoyed his company so much we are booking w/him in March 09. It is a beautiful unspoiled island, enjoy!

Did the tour include stopping at the beaches for swimming and sunning? And was it a private tour for your family only or group tour? I presume it is 80$ per person. I'm undecided between visiting the island with a tour or getting a day pass at the Marriott. Thanks for the info!

Hi Pink,

As Paul stated Royston will take you wherever you want. Our tour was private. We toured the entire island w/him so on ours no there wasn't a lot time to sun. We did take a dip in the ocean but it wasn't long. We saw so much over the entire island though. Next time which for me will be in March 09, we are just heading to cockleshell beach for the day

My wife tells me it wasn't $80.00 it was $100.00 for our family & I tipped him 20. I e-mailed Royston twice in the last few weeks but had no response. so we are gonna just taxi it to the beach on our own

Hi all,

can anyone give us some ideas of what there is to do in St.Kitts. I have been looking at all the posts and nothing really current. We will be there in Feb 2009, and this is the only Port in which we have nothing to do.

Thanks for any ideas that you might have.

Cheers

FindWaldo,

Are you on the Victory? We are (2/1/09) and we have not been to this port. We are looking for snorkeling. Anyone have a special beach for this?

Thank you Snorkel Dawg!

I tried phoning Royston yesterday but was anwsered by an anwsering service. Then I sent him an email but as yet have had no reply. I checked out his website and it seems as though he only has group tours. I'll wait and see if he replies. Back up plan is a day at the Marriott!!

Loved St. Kitts!! Went there in Feb 08. If you are looking for a very secluded beach - we went to South Friar's Bay....There were only 10 people there the entire day (all from cruise line but Carnival did not offer shore excursion). If you purchase drinks or food - beach chairs are free ($5 otherwise). Also has a bar that serves $2 Carib beers, port-a-johns, monkeys hanging out, and an Ohio State Flag. Hired cabbie Mr. Leroy James for $15 round trip each (4 people/2 couples). Very romantic although drank too much. Mr. Leroy James was nice and had us pay when he picked us up (as this was a concern) - also gave business card cell: 869-664-0206. Would use him again as proved reliable and inexpensive. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

I was in St. Kitts this past March on the RCCL LOS & we did a complete island tour w/ Royston Stevens. www.roystontours.com he is a wonderful young man, showed us a volcano, the towns, held a baby green monkey, & visited several amazing beaches. It cost us $80.00 for my family of 4. We enjoyed his company so much we are booking w/him in March 09. It is a beautiful unspoiled island, enjoy!

Do you recall what beaches you stopped at and how long did you spend at each?

Yo Diva,

We were on Cockleshell beach only an hour or so. We stopped & looked at several others, Friars was really nice. We did the entire island tour that time. This time we are going to right to Royston's fav snorkeling spots off 3 different beaches. He'll take you to & do whatever you like. You'll be happy you did!:)

Yo Diva,

We were on Cockleshell beach only an hour or so. We stopped & looked at several others, Friars was really nice. We did the entire island tour that time. This time we are going to right to Royston's fav snorkeling spots off 3 different beaches. He'll take you to & do whatever you like. You'll be happy you did!:)

What are Royston's fav snorkeling spots and do you know if you can just walk in or do you need to take a boat to the snorkeling spots. It's our first time there and we want to make the most of it. Thanks, Kaboochi

Hi Kaboochi,

I don't know his favorite snorkel spots & no do I know how we will be getting to them. I suggest that if you really want to make the most of your day there you should hire Royston or someone like him. There's a lot to see on St. kitts

Dawg

• 2 weeks later...
Loved St. Kitts!! Went there in Feb 08. If you are looking for a very secluded beach - we went to South Friar's Bay....There were only 10 people there the entire day (all from cruise line but Carnival did not offer shore excursion). If you purchase drinks or food - beach chairs are free ($5 otherwise). Also has a bar that serves $2 Carib beers, port-a-johns, monkeys hanging out, and an Ohio State Flag. Hired cabbie Mr. Leroy James for $15 round trip each (4 people/2 couples). Very romantic although drank too much. Mr. Leroy James was nice and had us pay when he picked us up (as this was a concern) - also gave business card cell: 869-664-0206. Would use him again as proved reliable and inexpensive. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Which one of the bars did you use? We were there a couple of years ago and set-up camp at the Sunset Bar. I know there is construction there with the Marine World but we were hoping to go back there because of the lack of people who go there. Thanks!

Royston's web site now says full day tours are $80 per person. He was unavailable the day we'll be in port but responded quickly and suggested another gentleman named Ashton. Our tour will be private, plenty of time at Brimstone & Romney then what ever else he thinks we would like to see. ( we're not beach people) Includes lunch and drinks on board. $60 per person, as long as we like up to 9 hours. If we had 4 people it would be $40 per person for the day. Royston has arranged everything and e-mailed back quickly answering all my questions. Our tour will be Nov 29. will let you all know how the tour is after we return.

• 1 month later...

Wow, thanks for the info everyone. I have been so busy this is the first chance i have had to get online and check this out. I have heard that if you want to do something on your own, renting bikes (they will give you a map) and taking off for the day is quite an adventure. Has anyone every done this? I think it would be fun, but i want to make sure it is safe. I am sending am email off to Royston and see what he has available.

thanks again, take care and happy sailing. LOL

If you have an opportunity to sail on the Spirit of St. Kitts catamaran, do it. We've taken many, many catamaran sails in the Caribbean and this crew absolutely made the Spirit the best time ever. Lots of fun, good music, good snorkeling, lunch - an excellent time.

• 4 weeks later...
Royston's tours are private & the price quoted is for the group. I have used Royston several times on my visits to St Kitts & he will tailor the tour to your wants.

I have been working with Royston for a tour of St. Kitt's in March. He responded quickly to my email with a phone call and then sent me an email. He seems very flexible and eager to please. My only concern is his vehicle - it's not airconditioned! Was that a problem and what is the condition of the vehicle? Thanks in advance for any info you can share with me.

arizona[/left];16799447]

Royston's

web site now says full day tours are $80 per person. He was unavailable the day we'll be in port but responded quickly and suggested another gentleman named Ashton. Our tour will be private, plenty of time at Brimstone & Romney then what ever else he thinks we would like to see. ( we're not beach people) Includes lunch and drinks on board. $60 per person, as long as we like up to 9 hours. If we had 4 people it would be $40 per person for the day.

Royston

has arranged everything and e-mailed back quickly answering all my questions. Our tour will be Nov 29. will let you all know how the tour is after we return.

Just wondering what your experience was like? My husband and I will be there for a day in April and we haven't a clue what to do.

Has anyone rented a vehicle and just taken off for the day? We're pretty independent and want to see as much as possible.

Thanks for any insight!

Archived