Current Maitre D's

There are lists of current Captains & concierges, but I don't see one for the Maitre D'. I am curious as to who is the current one on the Jewel.

There is no "ONE" maitre D on any ship......

There is no "ONE" maitre D on any ship......

Then I'm confused. On the Princess ships there was only one Maitre D' and many head waiters. I would need the Maitre D's name as I have requests.

Then I'm confused. On the Princess ships there was only one Maitre D' and many head waiters. I would need the Maitre D's name as I have requests.

You're right - it's the same on RCI - 1 maitre d' and many head waiters for the MDR. It's just not as public a position as concierge, captain or CD. It may be tough to get this info. Not sure why you need to know, but that's your business, not mine...:)

If your request is related to dietary needs, you may send a FAX to 305-539-6018 Attn: Special Meals Request

You're right - it's the same on RCI - 1 maitre d' and many head waiters for the MDR. It's just not as public a position as concierge, captain or CD. It may be tough to get this info. Not sure why you need to know, but that's your business, not mine...:)

Thanks for setting that straight. The other posters should be thankful as well. :rolleyes:

We are booked MTD and I was told that table assignments for MTD are done once onboard. I wanted to see if I can do that before.

Best thing to do if you have requests, is head to the dining room around 3pm on the day you board. The Maitre D will be there at the front entrance to deal with requests/seating changes etc.

I have done this several times and have been able to make requests and changes with no difficulty.

Best thing to do if you have requests, is head to the dining room around 3pm on the day you board. The Maitre D will be there at the front entrance to deal with requests/seating changes etc.

I have done this several times and have been able to make requests and changes with no difficulty.

Will do that definitely. I believe the MDR is on deck 5 on the Jewel, right?

Don't be confused HMSDingy, I always thought the person I talked to in the Dining Room on the day I embark on a cruise to request a change in Dining Time or table assignment was THE maître d'. You learn something new everyday I guess? I for one am not going to question the intellectual prowess of a Marion County, Florida "Royal Champion~Charter Member", they might mess up my next cruise with their mystical powers.

On the last Jewel cruise, ending Oct. 4, the Maitre'd was Angel from Bulgaria.

His last name was neither pronouncable nor spellable and I can not really remember it. I remember him because he came from the Splendour and was there in April when we did the TA.

Usually this is the person whom you see on embarkation day to request a change, but he (she) may have one of the headwaiters standing in sometimes. The desk is usually at the main dining room entrance, lowest dining deck (Deck 4, Port side on the Jewel).

Jim and Joan

You're right - it's the same on RCI - 1 maitre d' and many head waiters for the MDR.

OOPs......live and learn...........thanks for setting it straight...

I guess I dont have too many dealings with the Maitre D':o

I think you are right! We just met and spoke with Mr. Robert on RAD and he is the head maitre 'd

Just of Sovereign and she has 1 Maitre D' and 2 assistand Maitre 'D's (one for each deck). The assistants are also head waiters. While talking with the Maitre 'd (who left for vacation 10-3) he mentioned that 85% of the table assignments were done by Miami before the cruise. But soon (and I forget if it was going to start Jan 1st) the table assignments will be done onboard by the Maitre 'D, he will get the manifest 2 weeks before the sailing.

For the record: There is ONE dining room manager/maître d' on every ship. The gentlemen/women you will see in the red jackets in the main dining room are the head waiters/assistant maitre d's. The dining room manager is usually working behind the scenes and is rarely if ever seen in the main dining room. I hope that clears things up for everyone who was confused. ;)

Just of Sovereign and she has 1 Maitre D' and 2 assistand Maitre 'D's (one for each deck). The assistants are also head waiters. While talking with the Maitre 'd (who left for vacation 10-3) he mentioned that 85% of the table assignments were done by Miami before the cruise. But soon (and I forget if it was going to start Jan 1st) the table assignments will be done onboard by the Maitre 'D, he will get the manifest 2 weeks before the sailing.

I take it with the other 15% being for MTD. We are booked MTD and were told that our table assignment would be confirmed onboard. We chose MTD as we don't like the times for traditional dining. We would prefer to dine at 7 every night but getting a table for this time is like pulling teeth. And my last response from RCI stated that tables for 2 were limited. We don't want to sound like snobs, but we have always had a table for 2 in Anytime dining with Princess.

in all of the RCI ships I've been on, we've always ate in the main dining room and I haven't seen a lot of tables for 2. Just a few tucked in here and there. Even the tables by the windows were 6-8 seaters. I saw some 2-tops by the wall in a corner. So if you can get one at 7 pm then you're in luck. If you want to be lucky all the time, eat in WJ, there's plenty of tables for 2 up there! :D

in all of the RCI ships I've been on, we've always ate in the main dining room and I haven't seen a lot of tables for 2. Just a few tucked in here and there. Even the tables by the windows were 6-8 seaters. I saw some 2-tops by the wall in a corner. So if you can get one at 7 pm then you're in luck. If you want to be lucky all the time, eat in WJ, there's plenty of tables for 2 up there! :D

Then I've been given erroneous information. I asked a similar question on another thread and was told that once onboard, I shoul be able to get the table for 2 and since we want the same hour, that as well.

BTW. If you look at pics of the MDR, there can be seen table for twos near the columns.

They can accommodate you with a table for two on board "if they want too." The original manifest does in fact come from Miami but can be altered by the dining room manager on board. We get a table for two on every cruise.

I have been on numerous cruises on various cruise lines, and have always been assigned to a deuce one way or another. The three times I was not assigned a deuce before embarkation, I went down to the MDR after I boarded and spoke with the maître d' in person. I was compelled twice to offer the maître d' a Ulysses S. Grant which they eagerly accepted as a token of my appreciation. I learned years ago money does indeed talk and everyone has a price...

I have been on numerous cruises on various cruise lines, and have always been assigned to a deuce one way or another. The three times I was not assigned a deuce before embarkation, I went down to the MDR after I boarded and spoke with the maître d' in person. I was compelled twice to offer the maître d' a Ulysses S. Grant which they eagerly accepted as a token of my appreciation. I learned years ago money does indeed talk and everyone has a price...

Yes but were you booked MTD or traditional dining? Therein lies the problem. :mad:

Archived