Anytime dining

When this question was asked a month or two ago, I believe that someone posted a tentative schedule. At this point several ships have added MyTimeDining to their dining options, but I am not sure exactly how many. They have frequently indicated that they planned to offer it on all the ships in the fleet by the end of this year, but I am not sure whether or not they are still on schedule to do so. It was offered on Jewel of the Seas on our Transatlantic cruise in September, has been available on Freedom for nearly a year and it was added to several other ships since then. If someone doesn't have an up to date list to post, a call to RCI may get you the information you desire. :)

Royal Caribbean International®

Hi Richard,

Your upcoming Royal Caribbean International cruise vacation is sure

to be an adventure of a lifetime and, to make it even better, we

have some exciting information to share! Your sailing is one of the

select few to feature a limited-time offer - a new My Time

DiningSM* option for dinner. In addition, your sailing also

features our new option to pre-reserve your onboard dining

experience in our classic specialty restaurants.**

With My Time Dining, you can choose to dine between 6:00 p.m. and

9:30 p.m. each evening with the party of your choice.** This allows

you more flexibility to plan around your daily activities - from

sunbathing on a deck chair to scaling the rock-climbing wall to our

extensive list of shore excursions!

Get all the details on My Time Dining.

Ready to reserve? Simply contact your professional travel agent to

We also have sophisticated specialty dining options available during

your cruise vacation, whether you'd like to enjoy fabulous steaks

and seafood in our classic steakhouse, Chops Grille,* or enjoy a

delicious Italian dinner in an intimate setting at Portofino.*

Feeling adventurous? We have two exciting theme nights that will

take place in Portofinos. Whether you're a wine aficionado or just

eager to learn more, you'll be sure to enjoy learning all about the

wine pairings in this unique culinary experience, Vini d'Italia-an

Italian Wine Dinner Experience,*+ or join our cast of characters

for a night of mystery, intrigue and lots of laughs with our Mystery

Dinner Theater.* Now you can pre-reserve your specialty dining

experiences, before you even board.***

By pre-reserving your specialty restaurant now, you can relax

knowing that you're all set to enjoy an unforgettable dining

experience once onboard.

Ready to reserve or need more details? Click here or contact your

professional travel agent.

So get ready for the cruise vacation of a lifetime.

Royal Caribbean International

* Based on availability. Specialty dining surcharges apply.

** Specialty restaurants vary by ship. Some restaurants listed may

not be available on your specific vessel.

*** Guests may pre-reserve specialty restaurant dining online, up to

10 days before the sailing date. Reservations for specialty

restaurants may still be made onboard, based on availability.

+ Vini d'Italia-an Italian Wine Dinner Experience is available on

sailings through April 2009.

E-MAIL INFORMATION

Please see below for important information regarding our

e-mail correspondence.

You received this message because you provided your e-mail address

to Royal Caribbean International. To ensure delivery to your inbox

(not bulk or junk folders), please add

royalcaribbean@explorer.royalcaribbean.com to your address book.

If you would like to update your e-mail address, or to

unsubscribe, click here.

Read our Privacy Policy.

How can we help you? If you have questions or comments, please do not

respond to this e-mail. Instead, visit Customer Support for answers to

frequently asked questions and information on how you can contact us.

©2008 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships registered in

the Bahamas.

Brilliance of the Seas is operated by RCL (UK) Ltd., a subsidiary of

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

Royal Caribbean International

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132-2096 USA

o?2.2.3I%5f.2UY.11eGDa.CSutJa..O..1N4o.ZD0wCNEEcD00 .AOLWebSuite .AOLPicturesFullSizeLink { height: 1px; width: 1px; overflow: hidden; } .AOLWebSuite a {color:blue; text-decoration: underline; cursor: pointer}

After reading the online link I read this:

"You can choose to dine between 6:00 and 9:30 pm each evening. In addition, we will accept reservations once onboard the ship."

Does it mean you have to reserve a time such as 7:15 each night and must eat at that 7:15? Not like NCL where you can just walk in anytime between 6pm & 9:30 pm? correct?

After reading the online link I read this:

"You can choose to dine between 6:00 and 9:30 pm each evening. In addition, we will accept reservations once onboard the ship."

Does it mean you have to reserve a time such as 7:15 each night and must eat at that 7:15? Not like NCL where you can just walk in anytime between 6pm & 9:30 pm? correct?

You can do it either way. On our recent Jewel of the Seas b2b we signed up for My Time dining.................and it was terrific!!!! We opted to make a reservation for 7:45 each evening with the same wait staff and the same table location (by the window). On the few nights we needed to come earlier or later we let them know (in advance) and it never was a problem.

There were others who came when they wanted and it didn't appear that they had to wait long for a table.

We're planning to do My Time dining on the Radiance in April '09. For us it was our best dining experience in 30 cruises on Royal Caribbean. :)

I just switched our reservations. I can tell you it is on all the Radiance Class ships through 2009 and it is on Oasis from the beginning. I did not check on the Freedom class since I don't have a reservation with them right now. So I already changed to MyTime on Serenade for next April and Oasis for April 2010

Here is the MyTime # if you want to call 800-590-6218. They can give you the details on what ships currently is offering this option. I called every couple of weeks until I found out it was offered on my cruises.

You can do it either way. On our recent Jewel of the Seas b2b we signed up for My Time dining.................and it was terrific!!!! We opted to make a reservation for 7:45 each evening with the same wait staff and the same table location (by the window). On the few nights we needed to come earlier or later we let them know (in advance) and it never was a problem.

There were others who came when they wanted and it didn't appear that they had to wait long for a table.

We're planning to do My Time dining on the Radiance in April '09. For us it was our best dining experience in 30 cruises on Royal Caribbean. :)

I have questions for you- do they seat the any time diners on a particular floor of the dinning room?

Were you seated a a table for two or did you dine with different table mates each night.

We are VERY excited to try anytime dining!

I have questions for you- do they seat the any time diners on a particular floor of the dinning room?

Were you seated a a table for two or did you dine with different table mates each night.

We are VERY excited to try anytime dining!

On the Jewel the area for My Time dining was part of the right side of the dining room on deck 5. My Time dining space is according to how many are signed up for it and, if there are alot, could be the whole side of the dining room.

We were cruising with another couple and ate at a table for 4 every night. There were several tables for 2 so you could dine alone if you wanted. I would assume you dine with different table mates if you chose to do so.

MyTimeDining is available on these ships-

Oasis of the Seas

Dec 12th 09-Nov 27th 2010

Brilliance of the Seas

now - December 23, 2009

Freedom of the Seas

now - December 27, 2009

Serenade of the Seas

now - December 26, 2009

Jewel of the Seas,

now - December 21, 2009

Radiance of the Seas

now - December 20, 2009

Independence of the Seas

now - December 26, 2009

I read on another thread that you have to go to the MDR and speak to the Maitre D' with your request. One of the posts stated that there was a long line up in order to do this with a 3 hour wait. Did you have similar problems on the Jewel? We are booked MY Time and would like a table for 2 and have been told not only by others here but also confirmed by RCI of the rairty of a table for 2.

I read on another thread that you have to go to the MDR and speak to the Maitre D' with your request. One of the posts stated that there was a long line up in order to do this with a 3 hour wait. Did you have similar problems on the Jewel? We are booked MY Time and would like a table for 2 and have been told not only by others here but also confirmed by RCI of the rairty of a table for 2.

On the Jewel TA we did not hear of any lengthy wait to sign up for MTD and we did notice more than a few tables for two scattered around the two level dining room. There are clearly more tables set for larger parties but it should not be impossible to get a table for two on MTD, since not all of the tables in MTD will be in use at the same time.:)

On the Jewel TA we did not hear of any lengthy wait to sign up for MTD and we did notice more than a few tables for two scattered around the two level dining room. There are clearly more tables set for larger parties but it should not be impossible to get a table for two on MTD, since not all of the tables in MTD will be in use at the same time.:)

Thanks. I think we'll stay with MTD and take our chances while onboard. It's not just the need for a table for 2 but we think it's far too early a 6:15 seating and of course the opposite ofor the later seating. On our past cruises we usualy ate at 7.

On the Jewel, there was no line whatsoever. We were the other couple with Suzyluvs2cruise and went to deck 5 at one o'clock and were the only ones there.

The table configurations (for 2, for 4, etc) seemed to be dependent upon what was requested. It didn't appear to be a problem getting a table for two.

Jackie

On the Jewel, there was no line whatsoever. We were the other couple with Suzyluvs2cruise and went to deck 5 at one o'clock and were the only ones there.

The table configurations (for 2, for 4, etc) seemed to be dependent upon what was requested. It didn't appear to be a problem getting a table for two.

Jackie

Then I'll guess we'll leave the booking for MTD. Once onboard, we'll go to deck 5 by 1:00 and try and get a table for 2. Since you mentioned 1:00, how early can we board the ship?

Archived