Pretty Blue Document Case

srm54

What do you do with those lovely blue folders post cruise? I don't like to simply discard them but can't think of any real reason to keep 'em, other than for nostalgia's sake. Any ideas out there?

Hi

I think it would make a very nice clutch purse for the ladies (embelished of course) or a holder for your car, to hold your insurance cards and owners manual, or maybe a jewerly box/holder, make-up case.....so many things to use them for.....I'm sure the ladies out there could think of some other uses....;) :D

Come on....Put on those "Thinking Caps"..... :)

Cheers!!!!!!:D

has arrived with our documents. Whoo Hoo we're doing the document dance now. :D

So cool, I can't wait to see what the new ones look like. I still have my leather like one. I leave a week after you so I should get mine next week. Congrats on your arrival!

Got ours today for our Nov 15th Eurodam cruise and the new document cases are nicer (prettier) than the old ones.

As far as uses, we use the older ones to store important documents in our safe deposit box. We use one for insurance policies, one for my will and one for my wife's will, another one for some CD documentation, another one has some old two dollar bills, etc. That way the documents are easier to keep track of.

We should turn this thread into other ideas for the document cases after the cruise is over.

I will also say they blow away what you get with other cruise lines.

Have a great next cruise.

So glad I kept some of my past cases....we had just received our tickets and placed them on the kitchen... our 11 month old dog decided to do her own "dog doc dance" and shredded the case as well as a couple of the luggage tags fortunately she thought the case was more fun to chew than the paper so we still have enough luggage tags and tickets are intact...so everything is now safe and sound in the drawer in one of the former cruise cases...db777

...my DW (an artsy-craftsy type) lined the folder (otherwise stuff will slip out the corners) sewed an old brass anchor button do-dad on it and uses it for some formal nights as a purse on prior HAL sails.

Bon Voyage & Good Health!

Bob:)

What do you do with those lovely blue folders post cruise? I don't like to simply discard them but can't think of any real reason to keep 'em, other than for nostalgia's sake. Any ideas out there?

I use them or all my travels to hold my airline reservations, hotel reservations & passports. That way everything is in one spot and I don't have to dig through my purse.

Brinda

We received our documents on Friday for our Nov. 27th Noordam cruise -- whoo hoo:D Costanze, you have the 28th as our sailing date in a previous response -- just checking to make sure you have the correct date of Nov. 27th:cool:

People sell them on eBay too. We have tons of both new and old, I usually just toss them in the box of stuff I have from that cruise - some day I will get around to scrapbooking a few of our more memorable, special occasion cruises, until then everything has it's own box. Even all the receipts, etc.

;) Although the new ones aren't quite as expensive-looking as the faux leather ones HAL used to use, the new ones sure are prettier.

And, yes, they are far nicer than any of the other mainstream cruise lines! :) They especially make a good impression on newbies to HAL. It kind-of gives you the feeling that "this is the start of somthing a little nicer than our other cruises".

We received our documents on Friday for our Nov. 27th Noordam cruise -- whoo hoo:D Costanze, you have the 28th as our sailing date in a previous response -- just checking to make sure you have the correct date of Nov. 27th:cool:

Sorry about that, It is the 27Th, Nov. '08!!!!!! :o Thank You for noting it....Hope we'll get to meet on board..... Are You As Excited As We Are:D This is our First HAL cruise (SB Suite) and our second cruise in all. Caribbean Princess was last Sept. I think we are in the early stages of getting the Cruising Bug:D and We Love It!!!!! Thanks again! See ya on the Ms Noordam, NOV. 27, 2008:)

Cheers!

Constanze

;)

And, yes, they are far nicer than any of the other mainstream cruise lines! :) They especially make a good impression on newbies to HAL. It kind-of gives you the feeling that "this is the start of something a little nicer than our other cruises".

It sure does. I was on the Zuiderdam and forgot how nice the packages were. While I am not bashing NCL because I like them, you should see how they do it. It is all electronic. They instruct you to print out your luggage tags, follow the directions to folding them and staple them around your bags. I was very suspicious of their durability, but sure enough they worked perfectly fine.

It is a very different introduction to say the least.

Tom

What do you do with those lovely blue folders post cruise?

I normally toss them out. They are great to travel to and from with, but after that I have no need for them. If I kept every neat marketing or packaging thing that came to my home I would have to buy a bigger home to store the junk. But these ones would be good for my 9 and 7 year old nieces. I think they would find a million uses for these.

I really like the new document cases!!! Last year, my travel agent sent me my cruise documents via e-documents. While I received them the very next day my final payment cleared, I miss getting them in the mail. I still had my document cases from my Oosterdam and Westerdam sailing and used that.

The document case do make a favorable impression on new cruisers or others who sailed on the various cruiselines. I have a friend who sails on RCCL most of the time and I had to show her my document case. She was very impress.

There are four things that really say that I'm so close to cruising and receving the documents is step two!!

Happy sailing!!!!

Archived