Hotel near the POM for only a few hours

rubybc62

OK, so my flight gets into Miami at 8 am. It's a red eye from San Francisco so I will be tired. My NCL cruise leaves at 4 pm and I could check in around noon, not sure if I can check in earlier than that. So I have a few hours to kill before cruise check in.

I've never been to Miami before. Are there any inexpensive hotels near the port where I could check in to rest a bit? I am assuming that I get my luggage quickly and can be out of the airport quickly too. Also, is this plan even feasible?

Given that I will be tired, what is a good suggestion for my precruise time?

OK, so my flight gets into Miami at 8 am. It's a red eye from San Francisco so I will be tired. My NCL cruise leaves at 4 pm and I could check in around noon, not sure if I can check in earlier than that. So I have a few hours to kill before cruise check in.

I've never been to Miami before. Are there any inexpensive hotels near the port where I could check in to rest a bit? I am assuming that I get my luggage quickly and can be out of the airport quickly too. Also, is this plan even feasible?

Given that I will be tired, what is a good suggestion for my precruise time?

You will probably be able to check in before noon. However your room won't be ready until a bit later. IF your plane is on time, I'd just take my time at the airport, maybe have a snack and then cab it to the port by 11:30. Even if you can't get into your room, there will be quieter spots onboard where you can stretch out and relax until your room is open. Or just tour the ship.

The most inexpensive hotel ooms would be near the airport, but I wouldn't bother with that. You'd want to be on board by 2:00 and you might not even be able to check into the hotel until 11:00.

Suggestions for pre cruise for you would be just head to the ship and relax. If you're concerned about being tired, I wouldn't plan anything else.

I agree. Take your time at the airport, collect your luggage and stop for breakfast in the airport. Often but not always bording can start earlier. When you get to the port make sure the porter puts your luggage in the bin that is going onto the ship. Go inside the terminal, check in and wait to board.

Bon Voyage

Are there any inexpensive hotels near the port where I could check in to rest a bit?

Uh, basically, no. The hotels in the POM area cater to pre-cruise passangers, so we have always found them to be quite expensive, especially since you are talking a few hours at most.

The suggestions above are good; have a meal if you wish, and make your way to the Port of Miami for around 11:30 or so. You will probably be able to board soon after that, and your cabin should be available to you for 1 or 1:30 pm.

We were exhausted too after a red-eye flight - but once at the pier I think you'll be OK. You can rest in your room before Muster Drill, if you need to.

Archived