Star Princess - First Cruise After Dry Dock

bdjam

I don't mean to mislead anyone to think I'm on board, or take away any of the thunder of those on board...but they've been there at least two hours already...where's the report? :D

Ok Brian,

Here is your first report. The new Maitre'D is Luigi Moretti.

I don't mean to mislead anyone to think I'm on board, or take away any of the thunder of those on board...but they've been there at least two hours already...where's the report? :D

Hi Brian,

Mutual friends ;) have just reported that MUTS is not operational as of yet but should be by mid-cruise. I know he'll be posting more info as it becomes available.

I also have a friend who is currently on her and she is supposed to give a telephone call to a fellow CC'er who will be on the next cruise (Oct.21) a mini report on the new additions. In the meantime I have looked at the marin web cam. What a beautiful day out there.

http://www.webmarin.com

Marilyn

Isn't the Star a beauty.

Thanks for the webcam shot - yes, it's a glorious day in the Bay Area, albeit a little windy...but that's what keeps it clear and beautiful. The sailaway should be superb...if not chilly.

Hi Brian,

Mutual friends ;) have just reported that MUTS is not operational as of yet but should be by mid-cruise. I know he'll be posting more info as it becomes available.

OK - now I'm puzzled as to who the mutual ;) friends are. I mean it's probably obvious, right? My head isn't working.
Here is your first report. The new Maitre'D is Luigi Moretti.
If its the same Luigi I'm thinking of - he's a good guy. :)

Brian,

Thanks for the webcam shot - yes, it's a glorious day in the Bay Area, albeit a little windy...but that's what keeps it clear and beautiful. The sailaway should be superb...if not chilly.

OK - now I'm puzzled as to who the mutual ;) friends are. I mean it's probably obvious, right? My head isn't working.

Larry ;) he just e-mailed me after getting a call from SFParrtHd.

If its the same Luigi I'm thinking of - he's a good guy. :)

Good to know, we've never met him.

Larry ;) he just e-mailed me after getting a call from SFParrtHd.

Oh...hmph...he didn't email me. :D

Not having MUTS operational for sailaway might be a blessing...I can just see them turning it on so the tourists watching the sailaway from the Golden Gate Bridge can be enthralled with it - "Ah can see it from here!!" - but if they normally have it blaring away during sailaway, its going to do little to enhance the mood.

Oh...hmph...he didn't email me. :D

Not having MUTS operational for sailaway might be a blessing...I can just see them turning it on so the tourists watching the sailaway from the Golden Gate Bridge can be enthralled with it - "Ah can see it from here!!" - but if they normally have it blaring away during sailaway, its going to do little to enhance the mood.

You have mail!! :D:D

You're really scaring me with this MUTS thing. What?, they actually show the sail-a-way on the big screen? Sort of like watching the ballgame on the screen rather than the field. Maybe they could just record the entire cruise and folks could watch that? Oh, they already do that.

Chuck

You're really scaring me with this MUTS thing. What?, they actually show the sail-a-way on the big screen? Sort of like watching the ballgame on the screen rather than the field. Maybe they could just record the entire cruise and folks could watch that? Oh, they already do that.

Chuck

Chuck,

No I've never actually "seen" a sailaway on MUTS - on our CB sailings there was usually a concert playing on embarkation day.

You have mail!! :D:D

Thank you sir...

Re Luigi - I agree that he's sort of invisible - he was on Dawn Princess with me on the last trip. But I met him through a friend if you know what I mean...so that might color my judgement...

I think everyone should be VERY afraid of MUTS. I might be misinterpreting, but I think I've heard of sailaways from Venice with the Three Tenors in concert on the screen. Now sailing from Ft. Lauderdale with a concert going isn't a big deal, although it does take away from the traditional sailaway ambience. But having the thing blaring away while sailing from a brilliant port like Venice - or San Francsico - just would seem to ruin it for me. Opera or not, having it screaming at an inappropriate time doesn't make for culture.

I know - people think I'm behind the times, a stick in the mud, a fuddy-duddy because I don't get the appeal of MUTS. So be it - I don't really care.

As for Star Princess, I'm more interested in the other changes - I didn't realize they were flat-screening all the TVs, how's the International Cafe and what did they do with Crown Grille? I could care less if MUTS falls off again.

I have watched the web cam on the ship and also the web cam on Marin co. and still no movement of the ship. Hmmmmm. They were also supposed to leave at 4p.m. just like us who will be sailing on Oct. 21.

Marilyn

CruiseKing, yes I have been watching the Marin Web cam and she is slowly backing out and getting ready to head into the bay. Yippee. I will be on her next.

marilyn

Marilyn,

Hooray...and I'm right after you!! Take good care of her.;)

CruiseKing, yes I have been watching the Marin Web cam and she is slowly backing out and getting ready to head into the bay. Yippee. I will be on her next.

marilyn

I have to wait till next October to sail on her but I'll get to spend 30 days aboard goodsigh2.gif The bay looks so beautiful tonight. I hope the sun glare won't block the view of the Golden Gate.

Marilyn,

Hooray...and I'm right after you!! Take good care of her.;)

I most certainly will. Dona and Bob(SFParrotthead) said that they will take good care of her when Largin and I get on along with the rest of our roll call. I will even be so nice as to leave a foo foo drink or two for you guys.;)

Mairlyn

latest word is International Cafe is having problems and is unable to serve anything hot. It seems that the burners in the ovens are not functioning. Also no Gelato on the Star. The Gelato equipment that was to be installed in the International Cafe was too big for the size allotted. Looks like Star will not have Gelato like the other ships with the International Cafe..

Archived