Star Princess - First Cruise After Dry Dock

bdjam

ricko19..thanks for the great pictures! i think you captured the star in terrific sunset lighting.

and bdjam.....blah blah blah blah blah and more blah about muts. don't you ever give up? or are you going to spend your life complaining about something that's done! why do you feel you must give muts a "dig" at every opportunity? boring! just boring.

and bdjam.....blah blah blah blah blah and more blah about muts. don't you ever give up? or are you going to spend your life complaining about something that's done! why do you feel you must give muts a "dig" at every opportunity? boring! just boring.

bdjam....i apologize for bringing you name up in my last post. i realize that since you have been ranting about muts forever, nothing i say will get you to stop, so just go on and on and on and on and on.................

Wow.

Admittedly I've mentioned MUTS a few times - a few too many I guess - but don't I get an opinion too? My observation in this case is purely aesthetic. Here we have a beautiful picture of a beautiful ship – and maybe because I’m sensitive about it – its got a big black mark on the superstructure. Princess hasn’t even tried to make the thing look good – they could have built it into the superstructure of the ship or given it some sort of housing to at least make it look decent. But it seriously looks to me like it’s been hung up there with chewing gum.

I’m not even talking about how or when it’s going to be used.

I’m sorry that you don’t share my opinion about MUTS. I guess I’m not as boring as you say if you feel you have to comment twice about my post - and the apology in the second post was a little back-handed don't you think? Please put me on your "ignore" list. You’ll never be bothered with another of my posts again. In the meantime, I hope that MUTS doesn’t intrude on your cruise experience by giving you something that you don’t want. Best of luck.

does this thread really have to turn into another muts debate.

there are a lot of things on cruises that bother me, but never enough for me not to sail.

If there is MUTS I go to a quieter area. Plus I find the pools always too noisy and sometimes a band plays, or there are pool games and I like quiet so I go elsewhere.

does this thread really have to turn into another muts debate.

Only if you guys want it to be. I simply made an observation about what the ship looks like. Since there is now a “Live From” thread up, perhaps y’all should move over there and let my thread die.

Only if you guys want it to be. I simply made an observation about what the ship looks like. Since there is now a “Live From” thread up, perhaps y’all should move over there and let my thread die.

you kind of sound like a bully.. I will go over to live thread thanks for the tip

die? die? Hell NO.....not without a decent fight and an even decent-er burial. It dies look rather odd in the picture (oops, meant to write does). I am going to take a close up photo of the screen just for Brian when on next week.

As for me, if it's going to be there (which it is) I just hope the damn thing is working.

.......and once again, NO Gelato? I've changed my mind. I don't think the Bowery Boys supervised the work, it was the Stooges.

Hey, we're planning on going to the Crown Grill one night, or Sterling's, or Desert Rose, or whatever it's called.

Chuck

Let the thread live.

I think everyone should be VERY afraid of MUTS. I might be misinterpreting, but I think I've heard of sailaways from Venice with the Three Tenors in concert on the screen. Now sailing from Ft. Lauderdale with a concert going isn't a big deal, although it does take away from the traditional sailaway ambience. But having the thing blaring away while sailing from a brilliant port like Venice - or San Francsico - just would seem to ruin it for me. Opera or not, having it screaming at an inappropriate time doesn't make for culture.

Recently back from Emerald and MUTS does not blare, in fact if you're a wee bit deaf you might wish for subtitles; and if it's sunny you will have difficulty seeing it!

What I am saying is if you close your eyes you can forget all about MUTS; BUT you will still hear the calypso band from the other pool area.:eek:

Recently back from Emerald and MUTS does not blare, in fact if you're a wee bit deaf you might wish for subtitles; and if it's sunny you will have difficulty seeing it!

Well since the other "Live from Star Princess" thread is up, we might as well make this about MUTS. The configuration on Emerald Princess is different than it is on Star Princess. Emerald was puposefully built for MUTS and the sound and viewlines are contained in the MUTS area. It has been added to the only mid-ship outdoor pool area on Star Princess...if one is apt to go out on the upper decks mid-ship, it cannot be avoided.

I must say that this is the first time I've heard of people having difficulty seeing MUTS even in the sunlight.

My husband and I felt much the same way about the screen. One bright, sunny day we got lunch from the grill and sat on the lounges to eat. The screen was somewhat difficult to see, sort of like a digital camera screen in the sunshine. It was only some sort of concert. We spent most of the time in the covered pool area or aft pool and only saw Mutts while walking through the area. Not too bothersome.

Archived