e-luggge tags?

pokeypoke

I'm sure this question has been brought up many times but the search engine is not working for me.

From some of the threads I have read, some people get luggage tags through the mail and other just rely on the printed ones from their edocs. When using the printed ones, what do most of you do to prevent them from being torn off or ripped once they are attached? For example; do you use a heavy card stock when printing or print on regular paper and then cover the tag with a clear covering?

Thanks,

Pokey

Print them off on card stock paper and use packaging tape to laminate them on both sides (protects it from water/tearing) then use a hole punch to attach to luggage

Do they really stay attached to your luggage? I'm going to tape mine together with packing tape. Does your luggage actually get to your room because at one time i remember they were color coded.

Ours were printed up on regular computer paper. We folded them just as the guidelines on the tags show. That is quite thick. We taped the ends closed once we put the tags on the luggage. Honestly, they are so thick , they stayed on.

I do think the ideas of others to use clear packing tape on the tags would add an even greater sense of security about the tags remaining securely in place. I did see people at the dockside, getting new tags form the porters. I didn't feel we needed to do that. Maybe we were just lucky though.

Two ideas..

1. You can print the luggage tags and take them to a place like Kinkos and have them laminated. Not too expensive and they really hold up.

2. Take some nice sized labels and pre-print your info on them. Put the same info on them that is on your etags. Then when you get to the dock get the tags from the Porters and just adhere your printed tags you did yourself to the tags they give you and be on your way.

Archived