How long to received Diamond Welcome Pack?

Boo Boo

We have just accumulated our 10th cruise credit with RCCL, so should have just turned Diamond.

Being UK cruisers, we don't get our C&A status displayed on the website - so we have to wait for some sort of letter for confirmation of making Diamond....

How long does it generally take to get a letter welcoming you to Diamond? Especially for UK residents (we received welcome packs at Platinum, so I assume we will received them for Diamond too)?

Thanks

Boo

You should wait a month or two and then contact C&A. They didn't post our June cruise and once I notified them they found it and gave us credit.

Just be sure they credited you. But, give it some time before you call.

It can take up to 8 weeks for Diamond letters to arrive. I know recently there was a hold up and they are trying their best to get up to date.

Some of my family got their Diamond letters last week ( they became Diamond in July/August) but their Diamond Pins/luggage tags havent arrived yet.

It can take up to 8 weeks for Diamond letters to arrive. I know recently there was a hold up and they are trying their best to get up to date.

Some of my family got their Diamond letters last week ( they became Diamond in July/August) but their Diamond Pins/luggage tags havent arrived yet.

Liz, If they are anything like the Diamond Plus luggage tags, tell them not to bother opening the package when/if it arrives. Bit of cheap plastic with an even cheaper piece of plastic to attach it to your luggage, 2 of ours were ripped off the cases the first time they were used and actually they were delivered broken to our cabin in an envelope the following day:rolleyes: :p , not sure what they thought we could do with them then;) :rolleyes:

The only real worthwhile item we have felt to be of good quality that we have been given is the Glass Block with the etching of the ship you are cruising on when you reach 30/40 and 50 cruise credits:)

John.

Thank you everyone.

Will wait a couple of months, then check with C&A.

No big rush - no cruises booked at the moment - but would be good to confirm before we do book another one :)

Boo

You might find a money off coupon at the bottom of your Diamond Welcome letter :D £70 off 7 night cruise :D

Is that for your Pins/Tags ?

Heck I got mine within couple of weeks.

Gee, I've been Diamond for nearly 2 years (and three cruises!) and I've never gotten ANYTHING- no letter, no luggage tags, no pins! I have gotten the balcony discount and in-room robe though. I Thought they weren't doing the pins, etc. anymore. ( I DID get my Platinum pin with in a month or two of becoming Platinum, though!)

So, who should I call? C&A?

I got a letter when my cruise for Diamond was paid in full with a welcome to Diamond benefits, on that cruise I received my pin on a card (Sovereign) and that was it. I thought I was getting that stuff after my cruise, but it worked for me. My whole family now has Diamond on their cards. it sounds hit or miss.

Am not to bothered about pins and tags, just confirmation.

When we joined C&A we were sent "membership cards", the same after we turned Platinum: just laminated cards (useful to keep somewhere because they have our C&A numbers on) and a letter with, as a previous poster has said, a discount coupon at the bottom. Nothing amazing, but more something to confirm "yes, RCCL have noted that you are Diamond - so you are now entitled to the various Diamond benefits when you book/cruise"...

Boo

Since our cruise only completed on 5th October, I thought that I would give their computer systems a bit of time to catch up... :)

Boo

They know you've cruised. Calling them seems like the first step.

I called today to confirm my diamond status. We became diamond after our 10/8 cruise. We never recd anything for platinum so didn't expect anything for diamond. After confirming our status with C&A, called my TA to get us the diamond discount on our next cruise. She called and we have to wait 3 days for them to be able to do that. Who knows?:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

I don't remember receiving anything for Platinum but that was about 4 years ago so might have received a letter. I've been Diamond for over 2 years and I know that I never received a letter or pins/tags/etc. I'll see if I get anything for D+ after a couple more cruises.

Archived