"SOE" and "DRYDOCK" Information

Leslieswiger

I have just received some information about the "SOE" and drydock on some of the HAL ships. Next out of drydock with all of the "SOE" is the ZAANDAM emerging January 29th, 2005. Following her is the ROTTERDAM April 29th, 2005 sailing and then the STATENDAM for her May 20th, 2005. All other ships will also be completed on a similar timeline shortly thereafter. More info: :D A wine bar, part of the Culinary Arts Center, allows guests to browse, wine taste, and purchase wines for dinner or to be shipped home.:p The Culinary Arts Center provides both cooking demonstrations (free of charge) and classes (nominal fee). Movies can still be shown in this former Wajang Theater space. The beautiful Explorations Cafe has been deemed the ship's" living room". Coffees served up in the Explorations Cafe are created to be pleasing to both the palate and the visual senses. The Oasis is a true "adult free zone" getaway complete with waterfall and refreshments. The newly-designed Crow's Nest Lounge will sport an elegant and trendy theme.:rolleyes: The Signature of Excellence Is Here!

Just wanted to past this most WONDERFUL information on to you all. Happy Sailings for everyone....Leslie:)

Does anyone know if the Veendam will have had her SOE upgrades and drydock additions by Nov 26, 2005???
Greg- I was told that the Veendam would not receive her SOE improvements till winter 2006. Was hoping they would be done for the 11/26/05 sailing, but alas it's not to be.:o :cool:

Rev. Neil and Doone...I have the information you had asked for.

The Veendam has received MOST of her "SOE" and the rest will be done February 5, 2006. For you Rev. Neal ,I have asked them to hurry it up.:eek:

Doone, the Volendam also has received most of her "SOE" and the rest will be completed January 2, 2006. Trust this is the info you had asked for. Happy Sailings...Leslie:)

The Veendam has received MOST of her "SOE" and the rest will be done February 5, 2006. For you Rev. Neal ,I have asked them to hurry it up.

I suppose that, by this, that means we'll have the new beds (they're GREAT) but NOT the re-modeling of the interior of the ship (library and such). Ok...

Greg- I was told that the Veendam would not receive her SOE improvements till winter 2006. Was hoping they would be done for the 11/26/05 sailing, but alas it's not to be.:o :cool:

A while back Esme said the Veendam was next going into drydock in April 2006.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=88528&highlight=veendam+soe

The beautiful Explorations Cafe has been deemed the ship's" living room". Coffees served up in the Explorations Cafe are created to be pleasing to both the palate and the visual senses. :)

I presume the Exploration Cafe is a for fee cafe replacing the current Java Cafe, equivalent to Windstar on Vista class?

If that's the case, then I'm pleased Veendam won't be converted till after our cruise in November next year.

Archived