Breakfast in MDR

J-Hawk

This was recommended on another post. We had breakfast in the MDR a couple years ago, and there wasn't much on the menu. I then heard that some new items were added and some items changed daily. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks!

I prefer the MDR for breakfast. The food is always fresher, and the menu items did change day to day. If you ask, the waiter will even have them make something that isn't on the menu. They did this for my son on a couple of occasions.

what do you mean, they didn't have much on the menu? They serve eggs--any way you want them, omelets, eggs benedict. Pancakes, potatoes, breakfast meats,french toast, fruits, cereals, (hot and cold) yogurts, juices, dairy..... I mean, what more is there???

[ quote=cb at sea;16687516]what do you mean, they didn't have much on the menu? They serve eggs--any way you want them, omelets, eggs benedict. Pancakes, potatoes, breakfast meats,french toast, fruits, cereals, (hot and cold) yogurts, juices, dairy..... I mean, what more is there???

I am sure that you are right and that I am just remembering wrong. We just ate in there once for breakfast on our first cruise with RCCI and all that I remember was about three choices for hot breakfast and cold cereals. I don't remember eggs benedict or omelets to order or fresh fruit or any of that. I will have to give it another try on this cruise.

what do you mean, they didn't have much on the menu? They serve eggs--any way you want them, omelets, eggs benedict. Pancakes, potatoes, breakfast meats,french toast, fruits, cereals, (hot and cold) yogurts, juices, dairy..... I mean, what more is there???

Crepes, Waffles & fresh berries would be nice.

How long do we need to allow if we do the dining room for breakfast?? Would like to do this a couple of mornings as "buffet" breakfast gets old, but we have several excursions early in the morning and don't have an hour to spend eating. Can we get in and out in a rush??

In addition to the regular items they usually had a special for the day like chocolate chip pancakes and the frittata. The omelette changed every day also but you could usually get whatever omelette you wanted.

Service usually took a while so we did room service breakfast when we needed to get up early.

we only have one sea day. Five ports with excursions on three of them. The other two days we would like to hit the beach early and then come back to the ship early. Trying to figure out the fastest way to do breakfast. Is room service pretty on time?? Can you order a hot breakfast?? This would save some time in the morning. We want to get going early, but I am not a morning person!!

Yikes!

Someone takes their breakfast's pretty seriously ;) :p

They have door tags for room service that you hang out the night before. You put what time you want it delivered and they are pretty accurate about delivery, they even call 15 minutes before delivery so it's a great alarm clock.

Archived