Anyone back from a recent Serenade of the Seas Cruise?

Just curious have not seen any recent reviews from the Serenade of the Seas...can anyone give us upcoming Serenade of the Seas cruise goers some news from your recent trip?

CincinnnatiGal:)

Just back this weekend, what would you like to know?

Just back this weekend, what would you like to know?

We'll be on her in less than 3 weeks and I'm getting the pre cruise jitters...spill your guts!!! How was embarkation, how long did it take? What time did you board? Was your room ready? What goodies were available in the Windjammer? How did the muster drill go? Who were the entertainers, were they any good??? Come on!!! Spill your guts :p

We were on the Serenade leaving Vancouver on Sept 20 and arriving in Los Angles on October 3. The Captain was Stic Neilson and I believe he went on to Hawaii after we left the ship.

Embarkation in Vancouver was a little different, we needed to go through customs before boarding the ship. The line appeared long but then 10 bus' got there about the same time. The line moved quickly and we were able to check in and board all within about 45 minutes. As normal the rooms were ready about 1:00, muster drill postponed about an hour and was a normal muster.

The entertainers were Kelly McDonald - comedian; Paul Boland, vacal impressionist; Howie and Bert, juggling/Comedy team; "Chucky" and David Morgan, Comedy; chris Riggins, Vocal; Martin Lewis, Magician; The Taylors, Comedy; Marty Allen and his wife Karon Kate Blackwell; and of course the singers and dancers in their production shows. We enjoyed all the shows even those we have seen before.

Most of the crew were wonderful, our room steward did his job but that was about it. We never really saw him until the last two day. Wait staff in the dining room was outstanding. If Ernest Wu, head waiter, from India is still on board tell him table 515 main seating says hello. He had us in stitches every night. If Revie, the assistant waiter is there, have him show you his magic tricks.

We really enjoyed the cruise.

We just got back yesterday after 28 days B2B (Alaska/Hawaii). Great trip. Terrific crew! Gorgeous ship!

I'll do a review, but after 30 days away from home, it won't be in the near future!

How was Hawaii? I wish I could have stayed onboard with you.

Jill

I am thrillled to see some responders to my post. I am really interested in the service on your cruise, the food on the Serenade right now; the entertainment, the speciality restaurants service and maybe who was your waiter? ANY NEWS is appreciated! Any tips for cruising on the Serenade right now are appreciated!

CincinnatiGal

I am thrillled to see some responders to my post. I am really interested in the service on your cruise, the food on the Serenade right now; the entertainment, the speciality restaurants service and maybe who was your waiter? ANY NEWS is appreciated! Any tips for cruising on the Serenade right now are appreciated!

CincinnatiGal

Service was excellent. Food was wonderful. The specialty restaurants were awesome.

We did the Mystery Dinner and the actors were great!!!

We had a small sewer smell in our cabin, BUT if you keep your stink stopper in, the smell is barely noticeable. They are working on it, and it did not impact my cruise. It will go down as one of my favorite times!

I'm going back to Alaska on the Radiance in May. I can't wait!

Jill

We also just got off the Serenade's Los Angeles-Hawaii roundtrip cruise: 10/3/08 to 10/18/08.

It was great! Our cabin, 4556, was right down from the centrum and Customer Relations, yet we heard no noise in the cabin. Soundproofing is great.

The food and dining room service was excellent, and we got our table for two just as promised.

The SeaView Cafe has a nice menu, too. Cuban sandwich, rueben, hamburgers, onion rings, fries. Great people working in there, too.

We had a problem with our toilet malfunctioning that was fixed in about 2 hours. No smells at all.

Windjammer has a great layout, and lots of variety and choices. You have to walk all over at lunch, because they do NOT repeat the dishes on each side: different dishes, so check it all out.

Chops was fabulous, as usual. It's worth the extra money for a super special dinner.

Entertainment in the theater was so-so, but the live music was the BEST!!! They had a Hawaiian music and dance group that went with us all the way over, and then on the way back a trio that played the greatest songs out by the pool and in the centrum.

CincinnatiGal

Ok here are a few answers and tidbits for you...... The service on our cruise was fantastic, everyone was great including our room attendant ( Roberto Kelly), our server and assistant server ( Lillibeth and Aysun) also the server next to us was very very friendly ( Rosemarie) she probably smiled and laughed more than anyone onboard. The bartenders were also great, Colin at the Pool Bar and Baptist and Edsel at the Schooner Bar.

The food was tremendous, we ate at both Portofino and Chops and they were great. The main dining room food was as good as always and the Seaview Cafe was GREAT!!!.

Wolfcathorse-- The captain was Stig Nielson and we sailed Oct. 3 thru Oct 18th, I know he was going to be onboard for the charter after ours but not sure about the Canal.

How was Hawaii? I wish I could have stayed onboard with you.

Jill

Hawaii was great! Perfect weather, and continued perfection on the wonderful Serenade. We learned that we were on the last cruise RCCL was doing to Hawaii. No more. Sad.

Someone on this board mentioned Ernest Wu in the dining room. We fell in love with his brother, Dennis Wu, in Windjammer and learned just the last week that he had a brother in the dining room.

Our inside cabin was 4539, just steps away from the pursar's desk and beneath the shops. Perfect location for everything. Our steward, Skinner, was really sweet.

The desserts on the Serenade are responsible for some weight gain, I'll admit. Yummy. Anything with cream in it has my name on it.

Carly B, the cruise director, was a lot of fun. She will be going on vacation soon and then changing ships, I believe. Wasn't particularly impressed with the assistant cruise director. On the other hand, we LOVED Ricky Ricardo on her staff.

The food and dining room service was excellent, and we got our table for two just as promised.

How did you request a table for two? I saw a thread that suggesting sending an email to request this which I did and have not received an answer after about a week.

Thanks!

Archived