Beverage Costs

ToBe

We are new to HAL and have been trying to find out about their soda charges. Do they sell cans of Diet Coke? Cost? What about fountain drinks? I have found that they have a drink card. What is the cost and what is included?

Also how much is the charge for the Pinnacle Grill?

We will be on the Oosterdam in April.

Thank you for your help.

HAL has:

Soda card -- $20.70 for 20 glasses of soda -- this is about 1/2 can of soda.

Cocktail card - $64.69 for 10 cocktails -- made with house alcohol. Premium brands -- there will be an extra charge.

House wine card -- 10 glasses for $41.40

House wine card -- 20 glasses for $77.63

Coffee card -- 10 speciality coffees at the Exploration's Cafe.

All prices above include the 15% gratuity.

Since we don't drink sodas -- don't know the cost of a can.

There is Diet Coke.

Notice that you are sailing in April -- The Oosterdam should have this new menu in place:

It is $20 per person:

The Beginning:

French Onion Soup King Louis XV, Lobster Bisque, Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail, Vine Ripened Beefsteak Tomato Salad, Baby Arugula Salad, Caesar Salad, Dungeness Crab Cakes or the Pinnacle Ocean Platter

The Grill:

Filet Mignon, New York Strip Steak, Bone-In Rib Eye Steak, Porterhouse, Colorado Lamp Chops, Grilled Veal Chop, Chicken Breast, Filet Steak Diane or Filet Mignon Burger.

Sea Food:

Broiled King Salmon, Broiled or Poached Lobster Tail or Cedar Planked Black Cod with Shrimp Scampi

The Intrigue:

Land and Sea (Surf & Turf), Lobster Macaroni and Cheese, Roasted Vegetable Tower

Side Dishes:

Creamed Spinach, Sautéed Button Mushrooms, Sautéed Onions, Asparagus, Scalloped, Whipped, Jumbo Baked or Shoestring Potatoes and/or Basmati Rice

The Finale:

Not-So-Classic Baked Alaska, Warm Grand Marnier Chocolate Volcano Cake, Velvet Soufflé – Chocolate or Vanilla, Creamy Homemade Raspberry Cheesecake, Chocolate And Raisin Bread Pudding, Pinnacle Crème Brulee, Fresh Seasonal Fruits and Berries, Premium Ice Cream or Sorbets and/or the Assortment of International Cheeses.

It's $2.00 per can, plus the 15% service charge. The soda card ordinarily saves about $0.13 per can, but many people have reported finding bar tenders who will give you the full can for a single punch. If you are lucky enough to find that, the soda card is a great bargain!! :)

It's $2.00 per can, plus the 15% service charge. The soda card ordinarily saves about $0.13 per can, but many people have reported finding bar tenders who will give you the full can for a single punch. If you are lucky enough to find that, the soda card is a great bargain!! :)

Thanks for the information -- OP was interested in the cost.

We don't sodas on a cruise -- maybe once in a ehile when we are home.

HAL has:

Cocktail card - $64.69 for 10 cocktails -- made with house alcohol. Premium brands -- there will be an extra charge.

There is Diet Coke.

Does it matter who uses the drinks on the card? (in other words, If I buy a drink card, can DH and I share - 5 drinks for him, 5 for me?)

Does it matter who uses the drinks on the card? (in other words, If I buy a drink card, can DH and I share - 5 drinks for him, 5 for me?)

Yes you can share the cards.

DH and I always buy the wine card -- we both have wine at dinner -- 2 punches - one for each of us.

When that card is finished, then we buy another one.

HAL has:

There is Diet Coke.

Thank you for the great information. Can you use the wine card in the dining room?

temma

Can you use the wine card in the dining room?

In the dining room or any lounge.

Some people have reported the ability to use it in the Pinncale Grill, too, but that would be unusual at best. The Pinnacle has its own wine list and the wine card is for house wine.

Archived