tea

db777

Thanks to both Sleepladypalmdesert and Krazy Kruizers.

I do like 'tea' around 3 - 4pm, and gather that that is not available on HA ships. So I shall just have to settle for a cuppa instead. No biscuits/small cakes?

Now Mary Ellen, that's more like it!

My husband has cruised with HA, twice, and he maintains that there's not tea at tea time, just 24 hr. hamburgers and pizza and iced teas. So perhaps that's only the Alaskan cruises that don't have this very civilised amenity!

Now Mary Ellen, that's more like it!

My husband has cruised with HA, twice, and he maintains that there's not tea at tea time, just 24 hr. hamburgers and pizza and iced teas. So perhaps that's only the Alaskan cruises that don't have this very civilised amenity!

We've done 5 Alaskan cruises on HAL. I'm pretty sure Tea was served at least on sea days. I know that at least the Royal Dutch Tea was served (in the main dining room) on one sea day each time.

No. Sugar and Splenda (what I use) are what I remember. There probably was Equal (the blue packet) too.

Sorry I didn't mention the 24-hr, always available tea, coffee, iced tea and on some ships - hot chocolate. I take them as a 'given'. One of the reasons I was SO ready to board the Rotterdam in Rio last January was for the iced tea. Apparently that isn't served in South America (at least in Rio or Santiago). :eek:

I am happy to learn that HAL serves Splenda.

Funny that iced tea, a hot weather drink, isn't served in some parts of S. America. I had been looking forward to quaffing it, while lounging on one of those sun chaises. But perhaps not, huh? Just that 26 days of cruising is a long time for not getting something.

Funny that iced tea, a hot weather drink, isn't served in some parts of S. America. I had been looking forward to quaffing it, while lounging on one of those sun chaises. But perhaps not, huh? Just that 26 days of cruising is a long time for not getting something.

There was iced tea once Mary Ellen boarded the ship in Rio. It just wasn't available in the city.

You'll be able to enjoy your tea while sitting on a chaise for every one of those 26 days. :)

Yes, there is green tea. At least to start with. Sometimes things begin to run out near the end of a voyage. We bring a little extra green tea with us as it has been in short supply in some venues and later in the trip. We try to never miss the afternoon tea, but the time is limited. At least, HAL knows how to present it. Love the biscuts, jam and whipped cream.

Oh my...don't worry about the tea. You can drink it anytime. But...do go to the high tea. It is at around 4 and very nicely done. Lots of scones, little sandwiches, sweets, etc. And....at least once, have tea and sweets delivered to your room and relax with your own afternoon tea.

I am a huge tea drinker. I drink tea all day long....and never went without.

Archived