Early excursion departures and breakfast??

ocicat

We have three excursions leaving anywhere from 7am to 8am. Since breakfast starts at 7:30am, how does one handle eating before leaving for an excursion?

Skipping breakfast is NOT an option!

I am going to guess here that you have private excursions booked? If I am correct in assuming this, I hope you didn't book them for the time that your cruise states it will arrive in port (such as 7:00 AM). As normally it takes about 30-60 minutes before you are allowed to disembark the ship after it arrives. Just a little heads up, I could be totally wrong guessing.

I am going to guess here that you have private excursions booked? If I am correct in assuming this, I hope you didn't book them for the time that your cruise states it will arrive in port (such as 7:00 AM). As normally it takes about 30-60 minutes before you are allowed to disembark the ship after it arrives. Just a little heads up, I could be totally wrong guessing.

That is exactly why I asked if this was a Princess excursion....I was concerned, like you, that they booked privately, and set a time when they saw that the ship "docked" at 7am.....

As you stated, the time that they get off of ship might be very much later, particularly if the port is St Thomas.

That is exactly why I asked if this was a Princess excursion....I was concerned, like you, that they booked privately, and set a time when they saw that the ship "docked" at 7am.....

As you stated, the time that they get off of ship might be very much later, particularly if the port is St Thomas.

So many times, members will post something without actually giving you enough information to assist them in certain things. For me, it becomes a guessing game...............sometimes correct, sometimes not. ;)

The Princess website shows the standard dining room times for all meals. It also states that breakfast and lunch times may be adjusted according to port times. I also have an 8:00 tour booked for a 7:00 port docking. If the dining room is not open early enough to allow for breakfast that day, I will eat at the buffet. There is also the room service option, or even bringing something to your cabin yourself the day before.

Hi! We just returned from the Emerald Transatlantic & had a few Princess excursions that left early. We hung out the order the night before for the continental breakfast to save time. You can write in what time you want it delivered & add something like toast to the choices for a light breakfast.

~Jo~ :)

Perhaps you should of thought about this before you planned your excursion,Why did you plan a 7 am excursion,when you knew breakfast was at 7:30?????????????????:rolleyes: ????????????????????????????????

Because it's going to be hotter than Hades hinges & I want to beat the heat in whatever little way I possibly can AND because it is my FIRST cruise and I can't think of everything I should know to ask!! :mad:

Why did you have to be so snarky instead of just helping someone out?!:confused:

No, they are Princess excursions... which is one of the reasons I was caught surprised when I realized the times would be cruddy for breakfast! :eek:

No, they are Princess excursions... which is one of the reasons I was caught surprised when I realized the times would be cruddy for breakfast! :eek:

Eat in the buffet - it is usually open at 6 AM. Or do as the others say and put out your card for room service the night before and indicate you need it delivered at 6 or 6:30 AM. Don't get yourself upset worrying about eating - there wil always be food available before you get off.

If the ship is only pulling into port at 7 AM, you won't be getting off the ship that early anyway.

Enjoy your first cruise - don't sweat the small stuff. You'll have a ball!

If it's a Princess excursion and the ship will be pulling into whatever port that early, they might also adjust the hours for breakfast in the dining room. The Princess Patter (the daily ship's schedule of events onboard which is left in your cabin each evening) will always have the dining rooms' hours for the next day. Sounds like a great cruise for your first ever!

buffet in Horizon court is open 24hours, now yes it is minimal before i believe 7 but you can get continental breakfast. Room service is an option too, our experience with delivery times is they always seemed to come earlier than time stated. It is always a joke every day on what actual time they will show up.

Another thing we often do is if we know we need an early breakfast we often pick up some items from the HC the day prior like fruit, milk, cereal, cheese etc and store in fridge. Don't forget the utensils and plates etc you may need.

International Cafe is open too and it has pastries and coffee. Yum

Now I am hungry.

Hope that helps

Perhaps you should of thought about this before you planned your excursion,Why did you plan a 7 am excursion,when you knew breakfast was at 7:30?????????????????:rolleyes: ????????????????????????????????

If you can`t say anything nice, don`t say anything.

This is supposed to be a site to help cruisers.:mad:

Archived