Separate shipboard accounts?

itf

Is it possible for two people in the same stateroom to have separate onboard accounts, rather than having everything charged to one account? The documents we got from Princess only have one form to give financial details on.

Do it all the time, just make sure the correct charges are made to the correct account. Sailed last year on the Emerald and there were a couple of charges that were entered incorrectly. I ususally stop by and check my account every few days, that's when I noticed it. I just stopped back by at the Purser's desk and they made the correction.

My mother and I had separate onboard accounts, and some of her charges were placed on my account because they just went by the cabin number instead of the person's name. It was no problem, and took very little time, to straighten it out at the purser's desk. However, the purser's line was very long in the last 24 hours of the cruise, so I'd advise to check your account before that.

I was in a quad share earlier this year on Sun Princess. We all had separate accounts, two were paying their account by credit card and two by cash.

There is a software bug on the cruise personaliser when you print the Travel Summary which showed one of the cash account people as being able to use my credit card!! Princess agreed this was incorrect and I checked onboard that this was not the case. Apparently the software "assumes" cash accounts belong to children being paid for by their parents :confused:

We also had an extra lot of OBC applied for missing a port. But it was only applied to TWO accounts that came up first on their accounting list. This meant we had to make arrangements to repay the other two cabin members. From memory the two without the OBC were one with CC and one with cash a/c, so not sure how that worked.

Yes, you can not a problem at all; however, do realize if you have any sort of a ship board credit, it will be split between the accounts in the room. You can't have it all one one person's account.

Archived