Live from the Connie Repo 10/30/08

jerseygirl3

Well, we're three days into this cruise and it's been absolutely outstanding! The embarkation was the best we've ever encountered. Very organized and on the ship in no time. Greeted with our champagne or mimosa and we were on our way.

I plan to write a complete review after the cruise, but for now I just want to assure everybody that the ship still looks pristine, and the staff can't do enough for you.

The food has been very good too. I can't notice any appreciable difference from when we were on Connie in February.

If anybody has specific questions, feel free to ask and I'll check back while on the cruise and try to answer.

Oh, btw, we had a great turnout for our Cruise Connection party. They said we were the largest group they've ever had.

Jo-Ann

Well, we're three days into this cruise and it's been absolutely outstanding! The embarkation was the best we've ever encountered. Very organized and on the ship in no time. Greeted with our champagne or mimosa and we were on our way.

I plan to write a complete review after the cruise, but for now I just want to assure everybody that the ship still looks pristine, and the staff can't do enough for you.

The food has been very good too. I can't notice any appreciable difference from when we were on Connie in February.

If anybody has specific questions, feel free to ask and I'll check back while on the cruise and try to answer.

Oh, btw, we had a great turnout for our Cruise Connection party. They said we were the largest group they've ever had.

Jo-Ann

Hi Jo-Ann !

Thank you for your update. Have a wonderful cruise !

Thank you for the update. We were on the Connie in September and had a wonderful time... will be back on her in March for our first b2b for three whole weeks... we can hardly wait!

Hope you continue to have a wonderful trip and enjoy it from start to finish... I will look forward to more posts if you have time. :D

Jo-Ann

What is your itinerary? It sounds like you should have a terrific time.

Jo-Ann

Hi Jo-Ann:

I'm always interested to hear about any changes in the senior officers and staff.

Who is the Staff Captain?

CD? still Gary Walker... he's terrific

Any change in Future sales manager or Captain's Club Hostess(Rosalba)?

Please pass on greetings from Arno.. If they say who... I'm in trouble...

Is Claudio the Event Co-ordinator?

There is a fantastic management team on board..

First - Joann - glad to hear you're having a ball. We had dinner with Chris & Jenn (chiefK) the night before in Elizabeth and met a few others on your cruise. Give them our love!

Second - Charlie- I'm Cruisebunny's mom-in-law and they can't wait for Solstice in April. Our other kids (Steve & Diane) sail her in February so they can fill you all in.

Susie - we almost sailed with Joann and Bob to Hawaii I believe???? (Old age). They couldn't travel as Bob became quite ill at that time and couldn't leave his doctor. We so hope to cruise with you at least once Joann.

We'll be on Connie on 3/16 with Susie, Larry and quite a few other CC's so keep posting with any updates.

Smooth sailing and have a great time.

Pat

Hi JoAnn!

I wish we were with you! Although, Pak managed to break his wrist right through the growth plate in September, and just got the cast off this week. We would have been touring Europe with him in a cast!

I was going to e-mail you and wish you and Bob safe travels, but life got way ahead of me.

Would you do me a favor? If you get a chance, let me know who is in Fun Factory. The kids are wondering if it will be the same staff as last year. We are leaving Feb. 22 on the 11 night caribbean. Also, if Perry Gerant still onboard? Rumor is that he may be heading to Solstice.

I hope we get to sail with you guys again..the hat always makes me smile, I have in immortalized in my scrapbook!

Have an after dinner martini for me, and say hello to the rest of the group from last year (if I remember correctly, you are sailing with a bunch of them right?

Kim

We've been on her twice. She's my favorite ship so far. Though I love all the others, too.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Charlie

Charlie: how does the Connie compare to the Millie, in your opinion? We were on the Millie in 4/07, and are on the Connie next March/April. I'm curious about how they compare. Thanks!

Jo-Ann

Hi Jo-Ann...Thanks for the update. We leave on the Constellation, a week from tomorrow, November 10th for 11-nights. We even managed to get CC Cabin 6143 that many people have said is a great cabin with large balcony.

Happy to hear the food is good too. We've been on RCL 14 times, but this will be our first cruise on Celebrity and we cannot wait.

Dave

What is your itinerary? It sounds like you should have a terrific time.

This is a repo cruise, so we left Bayonne on Thursday, arrived in Bermuda on Saturday and left Bermuda Sunday evening. Then we were at sea yesterday and today we arrive in St. Maarten. We're at sea tomorrow, then we arrive in Aruba. After that, another sea day and then we arrive at Labadee. One more sea day and then we're back in Ft. Lauderdale on November 10.

Jo-Ann

Okay, I found one really annoying this on this ship. The darn internet. It's slow as molasses and frequently you get kicked off. Oh well, as for the questions...

Not sure who's in the Fun Factory. We've been told there are 30 kids onboard (I think mostly preschoolers), but I think I've only seen about 5 of them.

The Captain is Captain Bouzakis (sp?) and the HOtel manager is a woman named Nina. The CD is Gary Walker.

Our itinerary is Bayonne, then two days in Bermuda, a sea day, then St. Maarten (today), another sea day, then Aruba, another sea day, then Labadee, another sea day and then Ft. Lauderdale on NOvember 10. One of the staff in Customer Relations told us a lot of the staff here are switching over to Solstice when we return next week.

I can't say enough good things about the crew in general. The service is outstanding. I am really trying hard to find something negative so I can give a balanced review when I return, but honestly, the only annoying this is the internet.

Any other specific questions, ask away.

BTW, Kim, every time we walk past the Martini Bar I think of you and Jim and wish you guys were here with us.

Oh yea, I've become addicted to a hot coffee drink that is Kahlua, Baileys, and Frangelica with espresso and fresh cream. No wonder I've gained 1.5 lbs. even though we've gone to the gym every day!

Jo-Ann

Enjoy reading your posts. We got off as you got on. Sometimes I wonder about the information one receives from Guest Relations. We were told staff leaving for the Soltice had already left the ship when we asked two weeks ago.

Jan

We just were off the Connie on 10/30. Perry was definitely on board. He did say he was going to look at the Equinox, but I don't believe that ship is out yet. He did not know if that Piano Bar would be conducive to his performances but he did leave it open. I believe he said he would be taking his 3 month vacation starting in April 09. I do think he mentioned

that the CD Gary might be leaving for a Solstice class ship.

I was also glad to see how well they are keeping up the Constellation. She is in beautiful

shape. The food was also much better than last year although there were fewer selections in the dining room. I even chanced the steak and I could cut it with my knife, unlike last year when I needed a chainsaw. The staff is as great as ever. Glad you are enjoying the cruise!

Karen & Jim

Okay, I found one really annoying this on this ship. The darn internet. It's slow as molasses and frequently you get kicked off. Oh well, as for the questions...

Not sure who's in the Fun Factory. We've been told there are 30 kids onboard (I think mostly preschoolers), but I think I've only seen about 5 of them.

The Captain is Captain Bouzakis (sp?) and the HOtel manager is a woman named Nina. The CD is Gary Walker.

Our itinerary is Bayonne, then two days in Bermuda, a sea day, then St. Maarten (today), another sea day, then Aruba, another sea day, then Labadee, another sea day and then Ft. Lauderdale on NOvember 10. One of the staff in Customer Relations told us a lot of the staff here are switching over to Solstice when we return next week.

I can't say enough good things about the crew in general. The service is outstanding. I am really trying hard to find something negative so I can give a balanced review when I return, but honestly, the only annoying this is the internet.

Any other specific questions, ask away.

BTW, Kim, every time we walk past the Martini Bar I think of you and Jim and wish you guys were here with us.

Oh yea, I've become addicted to a hot coffee drink that is Kahlua, Baileys, and Frangelica with espresso and fresh cream. No wonder I've gained 1.5 lbs. even though we've gone to the gym every day!

Jo-Ann

Thanks for the updates. Did you notice if there were wine packages available to purchase on the first day. Have never sailed when they weren't, but some recent posts indicate that the Connie might not be offering them.

The food was also much better than last year although there were fewer selections in the dining room.

It's curious that several posters in various threads have likewise mentioned that the new menus offer fewer selections. We're just off the Constellation 10/17 Canada/NE sailing (our sixth on Connie; 30th on X) and while many of the old standards are no longer available on the new menus, the number of selections offered remains the same - four appetizers (hot and cold), three soups (one hot, one consomme/boullion, one cold), five entrees (one pasta, one poultry, one fish, one pork or veal and one beef). The always available menu still includes shrimp cocktail, Ceasar salad, salmon and steak. The only course in which there appeared to be fewer selections is dessert, with three choices on the dessert tray rather than the previous four or five. I can't imagine the menus we had were unique to our cruise and aren't similar to, if not exactly the same as those offered fleetwide, yet quite a few posters are reporting fewer selections.

Well, we just set sail from the beautiful island of Aruba. Perfect weather. Actually, the weather has been spectacular the entire cruise. The Captain came on during dinner and announced an itinerary change. Apparenty there is labor unrest going on in Labadee, so we're skipping that port and instead spending the next two days at sea and then a stop in Nassau on Sunday. No big deal, nobody seemed to mind.

As far as food, it's been very good. As far as standouts, the prime rib has been good, as has some of the fish dishes (cod was very good last night). Tonight we did casual dining (this is the third time we've done it in the past week). I had a pasta dish that was to die for. The menu pretty much stays the same in the casual dining except they make one change to the appetizer, soup, salad and entree. The rest remains the same. I have been so impressed with this casual dining. We like that we can make a reservation for a time that suits us, rather than rush to make it for early seating dinner. The service is very good. I highly recommend it.

As far as some of the staff moving over to Solstice. There are approx. 30 crew members who are on the ship with us now who are not actually working. They were taken from their previous assignments and placed on this ship so they will be getting off next Monday and boarding the Solstice. When we asked where they are housing these extra 30 crew members, they told us they are staying in empty passenger cabins.

Any other questions, just ask.

Jo-Ann

Jersey Girl...I wonder if you will notice any rough seas with the pending hurricane out there...hope not. Glad your trip is going so well. I have lots of friends on that ship, and was supposed to be on it as well, but we had family visiting us, so I opted to stay home.

Happy Sailing!

Archived