Formal Nights at the Buffet, Upgrades..??

JessInNY

Hello All,

Just a couple of weeks until my cruise - Crown Princess. Some last minute questions, any answers are much appreciated!

If one chooses to eat at the buffet on a formal night, do you still have to dress formal?

We have chosen a particular room, mini-suite. Does one have less chance of being upgraded if they chose which particular room they wanted? Could we still be upgraded?

And, finally, does anyone know what movies Crown is showing now for MUTS?

Thanks so much everyone! I don't know what I would be without these boards.

Have a nice day.

Jess

Hello All,

Just a couple of weeks until my cruise - Crown Princess. Some last minute questions, any answers are much appreciated!

If one chooses to eat at the buffet on a formal night, do you still have to dress formal?

We have chosen a particular room, mini-suite. Does one have less chance of being upgraded if they chose which particular room they wanted? Could we still be upgraded?

Have a nice day.

Jess

you dont have to dress formally if you eat at the buffet on formal night

i've been upgraded a few times even when i chose my own cabin unless i had my cabin marked "do not upgrade"...sometimes their upgrade would just move you to another mini suite in a different location and not a full suite so if you like your location have your ta tell them not to upgrade...

not sure about the movies...

I totally agree, buffet dining is casual on every nite, and you will see all kinds of dress there. From those actually dressing formally to swimsuits and cover ups.

As to upgrades, remember, not all upgrades are good upgrades and most do not move you to the next type of stateroom, such as mini suite to full suite. It can happen, and does occasionally, but it's very rare when you consider all of the passengers that are booked in minis on Princess. Your chance is just as good as the rest.

Best of luck and enjoy your cruise.

(also can't help with the names of the movies, sorry).

My TA never asked about whether I would or would not want an upgrade. Do they automatically mark "no upgrade"? I chose my minisuite for it's location, but would only want an upgrade to a full suite, not another mini.

Another question: Our govt. taxes and fees have gone down since we paid final payment. Do I call Princess to ask that it be put on my acct. as OBC or do I have to go through the TA for this?

My TA never asked about whether I would or would not want an upgrade. Do they automatically mark "no upgrade"? I chose my minisuite for it's location, but would only want an upgrade to a full suite, not another mini. This has me worried that maybe they'll move me.

Another question: Our govt. taxes and fees have gone down since we paid final payment. Do I call Princess to ask that it be put on my acct. as OBC or do I have to go through the TA for this?

The default for bookings is "will accept an upgrade" so if you don't want to be possibly moved to another mini-suite in a different location, have your TA mark your booking as "no upgrade." You cannot specify that you would accept only an upgrade to a full suite -- it's either "yes" or "no" as to upgrades. Chances of being upgraded to a full suite are minimal and chances of being upgraded to a mini-suite in a different location while more possible is not likely either. If you like the location you're in, have your TA mark you as "no upgrade."

As for the government taxes and fees, those will be automatically adjusted. Contact your TA to confirm that they've been lowered and how they'll be credited.

Hello All,

Have a nice day.

Jess

Just got home today.

No you won't have to dress up for the buffet. There wear some people wore dressed smart casual on formal days. No one really cares. I wore jeans on three smart casual nights. Once you sit down no one can tell anyway.

Upgrade is possible but don't count on it. My friends got one but only because the ship was over booked and they had two mini-suites and were upgraded to a two bed family suite that came with a few perks,

There were a lot of movies once I unpack I'll look at my patters. Off hand I remember Baby Mama, Sex in the City, Hulk, 21 and kids movies during the day.

My TA never asked about whether I would or would not want an upgrade. Do they automatically mark "no upgrade"? I chose my minisuite for it's location, but would only want an upgrade to a full suite, not another mini.

If you picked the cabin for a reason like you like the area of the ship then you should have marked it no upgrade. As others have said if you do get upgraded maybe to another mini it might not be where you want it like way up front or back or whatever.

Also I just got off of the Star and there was an adjustment on Gov. taxes and fees and it showed a credit, so they do adjust it.

Marilyn

Just got home today.

No you won't have to dress up for the buffet. There wear some people wore dressed smart casual on formal days. No one really cares. I wore jeans on three smart casual nights. Once you sit down no one can tell anyway.

Don't count on the "no one cares" part. This is one of those "button pushing" issues and is always a HOT debate. If you don't like controversy or icy glares shot in your direction, it's much safer to take slacks, or skirt/dress (females are ok in slacks instead of dress if you like), for the smart casual nights. And since it's technically against the rules to wear jeans in the dining room you run the risk of a Matre 'D who won't let you in (it's up to him whether or not he wishes to enforce the rules). Although it looks like on the Crown, right now, you have your answer ;)

Not necessarily my personal opinion, but it IS my experience....while some people don't care what others think, some are more sensitive and I wouldn't want the OP to be embarrassed, potentially.

Don't count on the "no one cares" part. This is one of those "button pushing" issues and is always a HOT debate. If you don't like controversy or icy glares shot in your direction, it's much safer to take slacks, or skirt/dress (females are ok in slacks instead of dress if you like), for the smart casual nights. And since it's technically against the rules to wear jeans in the dining room you run the risk of a Matre 'D who won't let you in (it's up to him whether or not he wishes to enforce the rules). Although it looks like on the Crown, right now, you have your answer ;)

Not necessarily my personal opinion, but it IS my experience....while some people don't care what others think, some are more sensitive and I wouldn't want the OP to be embarrassed, potentially.

agreed...but hope this doesn't spark another thread on this :)

I was with a group of 75 so our tables were reserved every night we just walked right in. I didn't notice anyone looking and I wasn't the one person in my group that wore jeans on several nights. But then again I won't care anyway.

Princess has changed its rules and now permits jeans (so long as they're not ripped or frayed) in the dining room.

Hello All,

Have a nice day.

Jess

I'm sailing on the Crown this coming Sunday. Someone on my roll call was kind enough to post the following for me:

Crown Princess:

Shown on MUTS during the week of Oct 12-19th (changed itinerary)...

Day 1 (Port Everglades): Beyonce In Concert, Football, Football, Football, Hairspray

Day 2 (Princess Cays): The Golden Compass, Akeelah & the Bee, Back to the Future, Leatherheads, Monday Night Football

Day 3 (Sea Day): Mr Magnorium's Wonder Emporium, Just Like Heaven, Madagascar, RV, Sex in the City

Day 4 (Grand Turk): Enchanted, Talladega Nights, Chicken Little, What Happens in Vegas

Day 5 (Ocho Rios): Shrek the Third, Live Free or Die Hard, Josh Groban Concert, 21, Kids Wii Sports Challenge, Teen Wii Sports Challenge

Day

Day 6 (Grand Cayman): Ice Age 2, Spiderman 3, Blades of Glory , Indiana Jones & The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Day 7 (Sea Day): Wild Hogs, Toy Story, Ocean's 13, Kung Fu Panda

I'm sailing on the Crown this coming Sunday. Someone on my roll call was kind enough to post the following for me:

Crown Princess:

Shown on MUTS during the week of Oct 12-19th (changed itinerary)...

Day 1 (Port Everglades): Beyonce In Concert, Football, Football, Football, Hairspray

Day 2 (Princess Cays): The Golden Compass, Akeelah & the Bee, Back to the Future, Leatherheads, Monday Night Football

Day 3 (Sea Day): Mr Magnorium's Wonder Emporium, Just Like Heaven, Madagascar, RV, Sex in the City

Day 4 (Grand Turk): Enchanted, Talladega Nights, Chicken Little, What Happens in Vegas

Day 5 (Ocho Rios): Shrek the Third, Live Free or Die Hard, Josh Groban Concert, 21, Kids Wii Sports Challenge, Teen Wii Sports Challenge

Day

Day 6 (Grand Cayman): Ice Age 2, Spiderman 3, Blades of Glory , Indiana Jones & The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Day 7 (Sea Day): Wild Hogs, Toy Story, Ocean's 13, Kung Fu Panda

It hasn't changed.

Archived