Caffeine Free Diet Cokes on RCI?

I asked this on another thread but haven't gotten any response yet, so I thought I'd ask here.

Does anyone know if RCI (specifically Mariner of the Seas) sells diet caffeine free Cokes (gold cans)?

Do you know if the airport will allow you to carry on a 12-pack of said items?

Thanks.

A few people have found them on the ships, but I have never seen Caffeine Free Diet Coke on any RCCL ship. The only caffeine free diet I've ever seen is Diet Sprite.

No, you will not be allowed to take a 12 pack of sodas in your carryon on the plane. It is allowed in your checked luggage but I wouldn't recommend that.

Just have your taxi driver run past a grocery store or convenience store for you on the way to the ship if you want some.

A couple of times, bartenders have gone "somewhere" and found me a can of CFDC, but I never knew where they got it, or whether they would find it at all.

You can't count on it.

That's why I always take individual "Crystal Light" (or similar) packets and mix my own low-cal, caffeine free drinks. :)

The problem with taking a 12 pack on board is that our transportation from the airport to the port is RCI's shuttle with who knows how many other people on it. I kind of doubt the driver would be willing to stop by a store for the two of us while all those other folks have to wait!!!

Thanks for the input.

Keep your eyes open when you exit the plane. There may be vending machines that sell the beverage you like - you can stock up as you are making your way to your baggage claim and then bring them onto the ship that way.

A couple of times, bartenders have gone "somewhere" and found me a can of CFDC, but I never knew where they got it, or whether they would find it at all.

You can't count on it.

That's why I always take individual "Crystal Light" (or similar) packets and mix my own low-cal, caffeine free drinks. :)

I thought I was the only nut case that did that. I can not tell you how confused some of the assistant waiters were when they poured me a glass of water and later saw something else in the glass.:eek:

Archived