I need help deciding between 2 cruises!

so my plan was to go on the adventure in june of this year, but my boyfriend told me that if i want to get engaged in the next 6 months then i need to find a cheaper vacation for this year. (maybe adventure will get to be a honeymoon cruise).

i'm looking at the Navigator in APRIL (to grand cayman and ocho rios) or the Enchantment in JUNE (grand cayman and cozumel)! both 5 nights. both out of florida (so we can drive there). i have been to all of these places (some more than once) but he has never been to any of them.

I know the Navigator is bigger and similar to the voyager and the mariner that i've been on. my concern is that i've never cruised in APRIL and i'm not sure what to expect with the weather! if the navigator had a sailing in may/ june out of florida i wouldn't even be asking this question!

I have 2 sets of friends that have been on the Enchantment and had a blast but they hadn't been on the voyager/freedom class ships yet (and i have)! Enchantment is cheaper but not enough cheaper to make our decision!

suggestions?!

so my plan was to go on the adventure in june of this year, but my boyfriend told me that if i want to get engaged in the next 6 months then i need to find a cheaper vacation for this year. (maybe adventure will get to be a honeymoon cruise).

i'm looking at the Navigator in APRIL (to grand cayman and ocho rios) or the Enchantment in JUNE (grand cayman and cozumel)! both 5 nights. both out of florida (so we can drive there). i have been to all of these places (some more than once) but he has never been to any of them.

I know the Navigator is bigger and similar to the voyager and the mariner that i've been on. my concern is that i've never cruised in APRIL and i'm not sure what to expect with the weather! if the navigator had a sailing in may/ june out of florida i wouldn't even be asking this question!

suggestions?!

April is a good time to cruise. Water might be a little cool, but the air will be nice and warm. Have fun and congratulations!

I have 2 sets of friends that have been on the Enchantment and had a blast but they hadn't been on the voyager/freedom class ships yet (and i have)! Enchantment is cheaper but not enough cheaper to make our decision!

We have been on Enchantment 3 times and Navigator twice. We have had beautiful weather in April. Given a choice between Navigator and Enchantment, I would go with Navigator. I love having the Promenade on a ship as well as enjoy the larger ships.

I would go with the Navigator in April.... April will be nice enough and not too hot ..

I'm going on the Navigator - grand cayman - Ocho Rios run in Dec and would send you copies of the compass or at least scan them in... if that would help...:)

I've been to both places and am going on this one just for the ship...:p

thanks cc! i am leaning towards the navigator now. he said that sounds better anyway because last year in june on the freedom he was always complaining about how hot it was! plus i think we'd miss the promenade! i know there's no such thing as a bad cruise but our last 2 have been amazing and i dont want to be dissapointed!

possibly ditching the idea of getting our first balcony and going on the liberty may 2nd. labadee, ocho rios, grand cayman.

then i get until may...a little warmer but not as hot as june (which also= more time to save money), an even bigger ship, and still get the promenade. hmmm...now if i can just convince him to drive to miami from charleston again and take of 2 more days from work!

suggestions?!

I have done Enchantment AND the Liberty. We did like Enchantment as that was our first cruise. I am now going on Nav. in Dec as I cant do a 7n vacation. I LOVED LOVED LOVED Liberty and the promenade! I would chose Nav over Enchantment hands down. While Enchatment was nice, I feel the Nav will offer MORE!

I have not been on Liberty but Freedom of the Seas. I have to say, I like the Voyager class ships much better! I usually go in April or May. It all started with our honeymoon in early May and we have been cruising every year for our anniversary since. We are hooked on the Caribbean! Good luck with your decision. It's a hard choice to make but if it were me, I would do the Navigator with a balcony over Liberty and no balcony. I know the Liberty is more $$.

Is it possible to pick a cruise at the end of April, early May? Almost every cruise we have been on has had *perfect* weather.

We were on the Navigator in April and loved it! It was a 4 night cruise which went to Cozumel -- we had an aft balcony and really enjoyed the activities on the ship; had a great time and have booked the same cruise for next March!:D Photos in the link below.

Kathy:)

Archived