NCL's Past Passengers Benefits

travel_lover

Was this helpful?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Was this helpful?

Sorry to say after recently taking a 2nd cruise with NCL do not think I shall return for a 3rd. My hard earned cash and time off will be better spent on a cruise line that actually knows the meaning of customer service. Lattitudes has given me a bad attitude.

What is the cocktail party with the captain? Do I qualify- it will be my second NCL cruise in Feb to the Med? And will I get a pin? :o

The cocktail party in most cases...I heard it was on 5 nights or longer Cruises (Could be more or less nights) It's a gathering of all the latitudes members usually they have to split it up into two seperate parties depending how many people are on board. Most cases they serve drinks and do a raffle where the latitudes get free prizes you have to hand them your invitation and that is what they use for the drawing. Nice touch.

NCL's Latitude perks are laughable. Platinum(over Gold) only gets you dinner at Le Bistro. The free frame comes once only. Other lines' top level gives (or gave) free laundry, free internet, free pre-dinner cocktails in a dedicated lounge etc.

Before I get flamed: I realize the program is free and anything is a bonus, I also know that these loyalty programs are supposed to encourage loyalty. NCL's doesn't.

I was 'granted' Platinum (and didn't deserve it) but if the perks were good enough, I would make NCL my line-of-choice. As it is, Platinum doesn't even offer priority dinner reservations and we get fruit now no matter what. My last embarkation port didn't even have priority boarding (Valparaiso).

NCL is treating themselves as a 'starter' line. Now that I have some cruising experience, I will definitely be going elsewhere - especially with the NCL credit card changes.

Edited to add:

I checked the benefits listed on NCL's site and it does mention priority dinner reservations for Platinum - so I guess that's something.

Sorry to say after recently taking a 2nd cruise with NCL do not think I shall return for a 3rd. My hard earned cash and time off will be better spent on a cruise line that actually knows the meaning of customer service. Lattitudes has given me a bad attitude.

Sometimes a cruise has problems, but i wouldnt let that deter me from booking NCL again. You should try another ship / sailing, not every ship is the same. Some people go out of their way to please others dont. They cant all be blamed for the actions of one.

I'm thankful that NCL gives us something, no matter how small of a gesture it may be. I guess my parents raised me believing that we should be thankful for what we get.

My parents raised me to be greedy and ungrateful :rolleyes:

Seriously, if a loyalty program is lacking, I am less likely to be loyal - we now base our cruise choices on price and itinerary only.

Can someone tell me if Gold Lattitudes VIP includes concierge and Breakfast/lunch at Cagneys?

The answer seems to be mostly 'no'. It may depend on the number of passengers in suites and number of other VIPs/Platinum/Gold on-board.

You'll know if you get an invite in your cabin (for Cagney's).

My parents raised me to be greedy and ungrateful :rolleyes:

Seriously, if a loyalty program is lacking, I am less likely to be loyal - we now base our cruise choices on price and itinerary only.

I agree with you. The perks you get for the different latitudes levels, monetarily speaking, are not significant. It's all about price, itinerary and I will add, service.

Happy Cruising! :)

• 2 weeks later...

It would seem that breakfast at Cagney's is for AD and above and an occasional VIP chosen by the cruise line. However on the Dawn, Balcony passangers are welcome to Aqua for breakfast. It is not a latitudes perk, it is a price of room perk.

Does anyone know if these count for 1-5 day cruises? Is there a certain limit to days you must be Cruising to get benefits?

Yes, they do. One of my pet peeves is that someone with 5 one night cruises gets silver while I remain bronze with 44 nights (2 cruises). :rolleyes:

Yes, they do. One of my pet peeves is that someone with 5 one night cruises gets silver while I remain bronze with 44 nights (2 cruises). :rolleyes:

It doesn't seem fair, does it, but each line handles frequent guests in different ways, the same as all hotel programs are different. Some better than others, some just fit better for individuals than others.

Nita

I agree we did a 15 night in April and only got one credit for it....with RCCL they give you two credits for longer Cruises...Sucks NCL doesn't do the same!

Although this will be my 2nd cruise so I should receive Latitudes check-in, does this work like those w/ suites? Is there a separate check-in line? I was so overwhelmed during my 1st cruise I missed an awful lot. Thanks to the CC website, my family & I will be much better prepared.

Thanks. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone:)

Archived