Hello from the Maasdam

iluvcruzin

Hello all

The cruise has been fantastic so far. I had a chance to meet Marc onboard as well as some other cruise critic posters on the Grand Princess while in port today. We are in Antigua until 10:30pm then we are off to St. Maarten and San Juan before heading back to Norfolk.

I will post a review when I return.

I'm looking forward to your review. I'm especially interested to know if the Maasdam returns on time to Norfolk. I've read several posts from last season, where the Maasdam was late arriving back - due to the last port being so far away. This year they've changed the order. Hope it helps.

Hope you had a great cruise!!

Linda (12/11/2004 Maasdam)

I'm looking forward to your review. I'm especially interested to know if the Maasdam returns on time to Norfolk. I've read several posts from last season, where the Maasdam was late arriving back - due to the last port being so far away. This year they've changed the order. Hope it helps.

Hope you had a great cruise!!

Linda (12/11/2004 Maasdam)

The Maasdam's itinerary was changed mid-way last season after the problems they encountered with their late arrival back in Norfolk. Yes, it did help.

We're back. I'll post more later.

However, we were late returning. We had a turbo rotor 'disintegrate' and they had to take a generator off line. So we didn't arrive in Norfolk until 9:30 this morning.

Orcrone

However, we were late returning. We had a turbo rotor 'disintegrate' and they had to take a generator off line. So we didn't arrive in Norfolk until 9:30 this morning.

Orcrone

Welcome back!

With that problem, and the engine problems Krazy Kruisers report on the Statendam, it sounds like the line is cutting corners on maintenance - and suffering for it!

-dave

Welcome back, Orcrone.

Hope you had a great time.

Eager to read your comments. Sorry for the mechanical problems. That must have messed up some folks' flights home. Hope it didn't disturb your plans.

Welcome back, Orcrone.

Hope you had a great time.

Eager to read your comments. Sorry for the mechanical problems. That must have messed up some folks' flights home. Hope it didn't disturb your plans.

I just had more time to relax on the ship. Also, the weather was beautiful yesterday until about 3:00 PM. If the ship was capable of full speed, the weather would have started deteriorating sooner.

I would think that some people had problems with the airlines, but I didn't hear of anyone with flights early enough to cause problems.

Orcrone

Welcome back Everyone,

Marc I am can't wait to hear your review.

We're finally home. We didn't leave the Nauticus until 12:00pm. It was sort of crazy with people arriving and leaving. I made it home in 10 hrs (driving fast).. whew..

Not only did we have engine trouble (1 of 6 desiel engines stopped), we also had a fire on board and broken air conditioning.. More news to follow when I'm not so tired.

Archived