Cape Town to Rio Nov 2009

cruzadict

Hi, I booked yesterday the 2009 Cape Town to Rio cruise onboard the Voyager. If anyone has done this cruise or is about to do it for 2008 perhaps you could give me some feedback. We have never cruised with RSSC before but have done Silversea and Cunard. Am I correct in thinking that the Voyage is going into drydock early 2009. We will be staying in Cape Town and the Garden Route for 8 days before the cruise so any recommendation for hotels etc would be great.

Marilyn

Marilyn, There is a passenger onboard Navigator now, who is doing the whole Discovery Collection and will be aboard for that segment. He is posting a blog and doing a great job.

http://jim-pat-discoverycruise2008.blogspot.com/

If you scroll down here on the RSSC board, you will find a couple of other people onboard posting about that entire cruise as well. CC has a Cape Town port page that was recently updated.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/ports/newport.cfm?ID=227

Debbie

I recently rearranged my holiday/cruising plans for 2009 and am now also booked on this cruise. Likewise I'd be interested to hear from those on this year's sailing when it's completed. I've been to S. Africa a couple of times previously (one of my favourite places) so will probably fly into Cape Town the day before only. I haven't got a plan for getting back from Rio yet but may stay one day post-cruise. This will also be my first Regent cruise...

Anne

I am on the Navigator now, and we are currently en route to Mombasa. We'll be in Cape Town next week, and will check in then. As mentioned, there are several people blogging the Discovery Collection, of which CT to Rio is a segment, but of course haven't gotten to South Africa yet. My blog is at http://crystal-twoifbysea.blogspot.com/

We are booked for the Athens to Cape Town segments in '09. Have been to CPT a number of times and have stayed at the Cape Grace every time since it was built - it is one of our favorite hotels. We're not sure yet what we will do to extend at the conclusion of the cruise.

Archived