RCCL stock question

ajpack

I am buying RCCL stock tomorrow and am sailing with a friend Nov. 30th. I know the obc is for the stateroom, but how do I get it credited to my onboard account and not divided between the two of us? When I owned the stock 3 years ago ( and sold it) and sailed with the same person, they gave us each an equal amount of obc even though I was the stockholder.

I am buying RCCL stock tomorrow and am sailing with a friend Nov. 30th. I know the obc is for the stateroom, but how do I get it credited to my onboard account and not divided between the two of us? When I owned the stock 3 years ago ( and sold it) and sailed with the same person, they gave us each an equal amount of obc even though I was the stockholder.

You can't get it credited to just you. It's for the cabin.

I don't know how/if you can get RCCL to issue the OBC credit solely to you, but if you have a close enough relationship with a person to share a cabin, couldn't that person just reimburse you if he/she receives an OBC credit that belongs to you? (e.g., you are entitled to a $100 OBC as a stockholder, and RCCL issues a $50 OBC each to you and the co-occupant of the cabin. That person can give you $50 that he/she otherwise would have had to pay to the cruise line.)

I've never had it split with my cabin mates... and I've sailed with several differennt people since buying the stock. Our onboard accts are set up individually with different credit cards...maybe that is why??

We had separate accounts the last time and it was split. It will be $200 on this coming cruise...if it were $50, I wouldn't care.

If it shows up on your seapass acounts as split you can go to guest services & have it transferred back to your account. This happened to me on one of my cruises...my cabin mate had half of my credit..at first they told us they could not do it, but later it showed up moved.. or as Barryn suggested just tell your friend they need to be prepared to give you the money back if it shows up on their account...

Thanks for all your replies. I couldn't resist buying the stock now since it's so low. When I had it 3 years ago, I bought it for $44!! When I sold it, thankfully, I didn't lose any money.

People said the same thing Wash. Mutual, Circuit City, GM, etc.

My DH and I are planning to purchase 200 shares of RCL today. Is it only a $100 pp (100 shares DH / 100 share me), or per cabin, or what? Also, does the amount change depending on how long the cruise is? We're going on a Med Cruise next Fall on Celebrity and I want to know how much we could expect.

Thanks!

Lady_G

You can only get OBC for the 100 shares of stock PER CABIN!

The amount of OBC depends on the lenght of the cruise!

Don't forget after 12/31/08 you will no longer be able to combine a balcony C&A discount, or other coupons with the stock OBC!

Here is the sit for stock holders:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

You can only get OBC for the 100 shares of stock PER CABIN!

The amount of OBC depends on the lenght of the cruise!

Don't forget after 12/31/08 you will no longer be able to combine a balcony C&A discount, or other coupons with the stock OBC!

Here is the sit for stock holders:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

2.What is the benefit?$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights.

$200 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 10 to 13 nights.

$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 9 nights.

$50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less.

Applicable on any Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises or Azamara Cruises Sailings. (excludes Celebrity Xpeditions)

Well if this is true, then DH does not need to purchase an extra 100 shares since I'll be in the room (to double up on the OBC).

I wish we could both get the OBC (250*2) but $250.00 isn't something to shake a finger at, either! :)

Lady_G

Gotta have a shareholder in each cabin.

In regards to combining, there was a change to the policy after the link given above was created. Most of the combinations we're used to were restored. Check with C&A for verification and don't make any assumptions.

If I have 2 cabins booked, 1 for me 1 for my kids, do i get the OBC for both or just one, if I buy 100 shares?

The benefit is only available for the stateroom in which the shareholder (with a minimum of 100 shares) is sailing. Only one credit per shareholder on any one sailing.

Benefit is non-transferable. Only the stateroom that the shareholder is traveling in will be eligible for the onboard credit.

-Is this a fact (source please), a guess, unfounded speculation, or an educated guess on your part??

The L/A on our recent Grandeur cruise announced at the Welcome Back party that OBC's for booking onboard or next cruise and stockholder credits would no longer be combinable on any cruise booked after December 31st, 2008. She also hinted at other reductions in combinability on coupons and credits. I specifially sought her out later to ask if there might be a management decison to go back to the previous policy if enough complain (just like it changed from Oct 15 to Dec 31 after many compained as suggested here on CC). She said that RCCL could no longer afford to do both because they were losing too much due to the poor economy.

I did not push her on it because it isn't her decision, but how does reducing our existing benefits making it that much harder for our to cruise mulitple times (during a slow economic period) help them improve sales? Wouldn't it seem easier to raise sales and improve profits by having loyal cruisers cruise more often than to create and launch new, expensive ad campaigns to attract new customers?

The L/A on our recent Grandeur cruise announced at the Welcome Back party that OBC's for booking onboard or next cruise and stockholder credits would no longer be combinable on any cruise booked after December 31st, 2008. She also hinted at other reductions in combinability on coupons and credits. I specifially sought her out later to ask if there might be a management decison to go back to the previous policy if enough complain (just like it changed from Oct 15 to Dec 31 after many compained as suggested here on CC). She said that RCCL could no longer afford to do both because they were losing too much due to the poor economy.

I did not push her on it because it isn't her decision, but how does reducing our existing benefits making it that much harder for our to cruise mulitple times (during a slow economic period) help them improve sales? Wouldn't it seem easier to raise sales and improve profits by having loyal cruisers cruise more often than to create and launch new, expensive ad campaigns to attract new customers?

The answer of course is Yes. I still cannot for the life of me understand why RCL is biting the hand(s) that feed them. Do they really think that during this Great Recession all of a sudden all kinds of people who never cruised before are going to START cruising???? I mean, they have all these people who have been Loyal to Royal and become Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus. People who were treated well and rewarded for coming back to RCL again and again, and for many of us, multiple times each year. And now, they can't afford to honor a few incentives to show appreciation to the people that have kept them Afloat, so to speak?

Hmmmm.......We paid @$23 and change and @$24 for our RCL shares. But the way they are running their business lately I am not sure I want to jump in again even at this low share price. They could end up underwater...er, I mean Bankrupt with the type of business decisions they have been implementing lately.

Oh and yes, of course I do not solely cruise with RCL for the C & A perks, but to have them taken out from under you once earned certainly doesn't sit well with a lot of folks.

Archived