Can I bring Wine Onboard RCCL

I know you can bring 2 bottles per stateroom on all the other lines but I cannot find where you can do this on RCCL - Anyone know

No passenger is permitted to bring any alcohol on board with him or her. If discovered, it will be confiscated and held for the passenger until the end of the cruise, if it is in the original packaging. If it has been concealed in other packaging, it will not be returned.

:)

Seems odd you can on Celebrity which is owned by RCCL - That's just weird. I did try and smuggle it last time but I got caught. They came to my room after my bags were delivered and asked me to give it to them to "store" until after the cruise was over.

It seems that if you tried before and got caught, that you already knew the answer. So why ask the question? Just curious. ;):D

I was just told yesterday by Certified Vacation Planner at RCCL, that wine can be brought on in luggage but not beer or hard alcohol. He also told me that up until next Jan. you can still bring wine to the dining room (your own) and they will charge you a $12.50 corkage fee. I asked him specifically if the wine would be taken away once it went through scanner and he said no. Sailing on Majesty next week. Seems like conflicting info from what past passengers have said.

I was just told yesterday by Certified Vacation Planner at RCCL, that wine can be brought on in luggage but not beer or hard alcohol. He also told me that up until next Jan. you can still bring wine to the dining room (your own) and they will charge you a $12.50 corkage fee. I asked him specifically if the wine would be taken away once it went through scanner and he said no. Sailing on Majesty next week. Seems like conflicting info from what past passengers have said.

Keep in mind that most reps don't have a clue as to what happens on the ships or what the policies are.

Better get that in writing if you intend to try it out.

According to RCCL's policies on their website, no, you can not bring alcohol on in any shape or form unless you smuggle it on. That is very clear. Water is not on the prohibited list, and neither is soda.

From RCCL's Website: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/whatToKnow/topTenFAQs/detail.do;jsessionid=0000gSHHjWBwiUmucYdJnpTZcIr:12hbiodf7?pagename=top_10_faqs&pnav=4&snav=2&faqId=260&faqSubjectName=Top+10+FAQ%27s+

Q: Can I bring liquor (from home or from a port) onboard?

A: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests under the age of 21 will not have alcohol returned to them.

Please Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquids.[/color]

Just buy a wine package & be done with it. Imo ,it is cheaper to buy the package & no hassles ;):D

OMG it is SO not cheaper to buy the wine package!!! Are you kidding? Mediocre wines at exorbitant prices is not cheaper! Reasonably good wines at OUTRAGEOUS prices, is not "cheaper". That is what is called a "rip off".

Imo.

I wold probably go ahead and smuggle some bottles on board and, if they find them, simply tell them that you are going to bring them to the dining room for dinner (and hence pay the corkage fee) They may choose to confiscate the bottles and pop them for you at dinner - no big deal. After you pay the corking fee you should be able to take the (rest of the) bottle from the dining room to your room for consumption.

RCCL's policy is that you may not bring a particular wine on board, for dinner consumption (and hence - corking fee) if they already offer it as a choice for their wine package. Check Gifts and Gear for a listing of wine packages.

Wouldn't it just be far easier if RCCL started allowing passengers to bring on 2 bottles of wine per person for in room consumption....sheesh!

I think you have their policy wrong. They do not allow you to bring ANY bottles of wine on, and there is no provision to take your own wine onboard and to the dining room and paying a corkage fee.

The only wine you can get onboard is their wine, bought from them - and then yes, you can take to dining room (no corkage fee) or back to cabin.

OMG it is SO not cheaper to buy the wine package!!! Are you kidding? Mediocre wines at exorbitant prices is not cheaper! Reasonably good wines at OUTRAGEOUS prices, is not "cheaper". That is what is called a "rip off".

Imo.

I wold probably go ahead and smuggle some bottles on board and, if they find them, simply tell them that you are going to bring them to the dining room for dinner (and hence pay the corkage fee) They may choose to confiscate the bottles and pop them for you at dinner - no big deal. After you pay the corking fee you should be able to take the (rest of the) bottle from the dining room to your room for consumption.

RCCL's policy is that you may not bring a particular wine on board, for dinner consumption (and hence - corking fee) if they already offer it as a choice for their wine package. Check Gifts and Gear for a listing of wine packages.

Wouldn't it just be far easier if RCCL started allowing passengers to bring on 2 bottles of wine per person for in room consumption....sheesh!

Take a boxed wine for consumption in your cabin (or you can pour a glass and take it into the dining room, but that seems tacky to me). There are some good ones available. I always do this, and my husband brings on a bottle of his favorite blended whiskey which is in a plastic container. We have never had any problems with this in our checked luggage.

Thanks for the input. We sailed on the Serenade to Alaska Sept '07 and we were allowed to purchase beer (most everyone bought the Alaskan dark beer which was served on the ship) in port and bring it back on the ship for cabin use. There was no smuggling--many passengers had it and they never said anything. Some thought it was because we were in US ports, but I was never sure why. We did not happen to try and bring wine on, but the beer was definitely seen and allowed. Maybe it was some kind of agreement to increase the Alaskan brand beer sales. This same beer was served in all the dining areas and lounges so it was indeed odd.

Imo.

If you are into wine and make choices off their "reserve" list....you will find they are pretty fairly priced on their better wines......more fairly priced than most restaurants.

If they find it, they will confiscate it. They won't store it for you and serve it at dinner even if you agree to pay a corkage fee. They used to allow that but that was stopped.

Sounds like they are strict on this. We put wine our luggage on our NCL and did not get caught. However, at port, they took the wine and gave it to us the last night of the cruise. Princess allows two with carryon and really does not care if you put any in your luggage, as long as you consume in your room. Carnival, two carry on and also in our luggage.

I guess it is just take a chance or not.:rolleyes:

Water and soda, however, is OK??:confused:

Archived