Miami hotels with shuttle to port

J-Hawk

I believe we stayed at a Holiday Inn that was located right across from the Bayside MarketPlace. It was a great. We were able to walk around and relax at the Marketplace the evening before and then the hotel shuttle took us to the pier the next morning. We were on the ship by 11am.

Can't recall the address, but someone here will most likely know of it.

I believe we stayed at a Holiday Inn that was located right across from the Bayside MarketPlace. It was a great. We were able to walk around and relax at the Marketplace the evening before and then the hotel shuttle took us to the pier the next morning. We were on the ship by 11am.

Can't recall the address, but someone here will most likely know of it.

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn several times and there was never a shuttle, we took a 10$ taxi ride. Very quick and easy and you can have the concierge call one for you if you need a van one or such.

Our fly/cruise includes pre cruise 1 night stay at the Wyndham Airport. Not my choice as the Holiday Inn sounds preferable. We have transport from the hotel to the port included .....is that by shuttle? Just a thought.

Is your air booked through RCL, then you will be on Rcl's shuttle bus to the port, which is not available unless you have your hotel booked with RCL

Here is the info on the Best Western on the Bay Inn & Marina, 1819 79th St Cswy, North Bay Village, FL 34141 (305) 865-7100. I found this hotel from the CC boards. I booked online through the Best Western website and picked the "Port of Miami Cruise Package" It provides transportation from airport to hotel, then hotel to port, around $160-$170. Great deal considering most of downtown Miami hotels are all $200+ and don't have airport or port shuttles. HOLIDAY INN AT PORT DOES NOT HAVE SHUTTLE, I checked there 1st since it is the cheapest hotel ($200!!) closest to port.

Is your air booked through RCL, then you will be on Rcl's shuttle bus to the port, which is not available unless you have your hotel booked with RCL

Ah ok.... yeah.... RCL via the TA..... thanks. Was wondering what other hotels are used by RCL if I could request a change..... would rather be more central..... didn't realise my family live nearer Fort Lauderdale (Tamarac) than Miami when I booked this..... want to go visit....

What I do is a search on hotels in a certain are! For example ... I Google... Miami Hotels then narrow my search by looking under services provided by hotels such as Shuttle Service to and from airport/cruise terminals! I also go on different travel sites to look at the hotel photos and also read hotel reviews of hotels I'm interested in staying at! When I find a hotel I will call the toll free number or main hotel number and ask about the cost of Shuttle Service and where to pickup the shuttle and at what time will we be picked up! Hubby and I sometimes find taking a taxi is easier and sometimes even less expensive! Happy Sailings and Bon Voyage!!! Sincerely, Melissa

I don't actually know the Holiday Inn, but staying at Bayside is a good idea. Lots of restaurants and shopping. Live music in the afternoons....boat rides that will show you the mansions of the rich and famous. It's a fun place and you will feel as though your vacation has started.

You are basically at the port just a short taxi ride sounds about right.

Ah ok.... yeah.... RCL via the TA..... thanks. Was wondering what other hotels are used by RCL if I could request a change..... would rather be more central..... didn't realise my family live nearer Fort Lauderdale (Tamarac) than Miami when I booked this..... want to go visit....

Who did you book through? Ask them or go on the RCCL website and pretend book, choosing a pre-night stay and flight as your options and see what hotels are offered. It is only about a 40 minute ride from FLL to Miami and a pretty easy drive.

Who did you book through? Ask them or go on the RCCL website and pretend book, choosing a pre-night stay and flight as your options and see what hotels are offered. It is only about a 40 minute ride from FLL to Miami and a pretty easy drive.

Thanks Sue. The TA said the hotel could change when I brought this up during a call about something else.... I've not pushed for more choice just yet as they have been sooooo patient with me with upgrading and then room changing...... when it comes to paying the balance I'll give them a call and bring it up again.... I'm still waiting for a corrected invoice following a price drop ;)

Thanks Sue. The TA said the hotel could change when I brought this up during a call about something else.... I've not pushed for more choice just yet as they have been sooooo patient with me with upgrading and then room changing...... when it comes to paying the balance I'll give them a call and bring it up again.... I'm still waiting for a corrected invoice following a price drop ;)

the Wyndham is a 4+ star hotel where the Holiday is not, though it is clean and nice and they have a very nice breakfast buffet for a few $'s. and is in a fantastic location. My advice (if you want it) is to book the hotel yourself where you want. Take the 26$ taxi ride from the airport to the hotel of your choice and pay the 10$ for the taxi to the port in the morning. The Holiday Inn is running about 200$ a night (date dependent) . And Miami is quite an easy town to get around.

Your other options are

Wyndham Miami airport

Westin Coral Gables

Jw Marriot

A Miami beach resort

Conrad

Which are all $$$

my advice - stay downtown - i got the hyatt (not that great of a hotel, but for overnight no complaints) for $55 on priceline

you can also stay at the holiday in which is close to the market place if you just want to walk around a bit but you can get there on the people mover (free) from the hyatt

dont worry about the shuttle, taxi rides are cheap to the port $30

Archived