Carnival Sale on now.

Soccerfan

See now this is why I love my Cruise Critic peeps!! :p

I wasn't able to get the promo to work through Carnival's web site, so I called. Got a great PVP (who I am keeping, my old one stunk!) who was already on the ball with the promo.

We got an 8G (extended balcony, #7447 on Empress deck) fo the price of an 8A!! We will be on the 05/09 sailing of the Freedom to Cozumel, Costa Rica and Panama. So excited about this.

For years we have been stolid inside cabin people, cuz who spends much time in their cabin anyway, right?

What are you people doing to me?! :D

can you please post the code for thursday's sale? i'd like to see if it works in advance so i can book something right away on thursday if i find something more workable with flights.

i saw a reference to the thur sale last night, on the ccl site, but of course, no code, and i am again back to not getting sale emails.:rolleyes:

thanks!:)

I looked at the email we received from Carnival and the fine print says " Request fare code P1S"

I booked our next cruise with our PVP so I didn't use the code. I guess I should try it and see what rates come up online.

Good luck.

Don't know if this will help....I'm still pretty much a newbie so this may all be old news to others....

When I use the p1s code on Carnival's website, I'm given the choice of 4A -> 4E upgrade -- for the IS (guaranty) price. But then when I click the continue button, two things happen: 1 is that I get the error code somebody mentioned (above) saying "choose another category." Plus, the amount that Carnival is apparently prepared to charge me (over there on the right hand column) is $100 MORE than it should be. Hmmmm. Weird.

As it turned out I got a call from a Carnival PVP yesterday (I had called them Saturday with questions so I must have gotten into their system) and he was offering me the 4A -> 4E upgrade prices for 4E cabins. He said that the sale will go on "for the general public" on Thursday but apparently I am one of the lucky ones (heh) who can get that sale price now! Just not on their website, apparently.

When I use the p1s code on Carnival's website, I'm given the choice of 4A -> 4E upgrade -- for the IS (guaranty) price. But then when I click the continue button, two things happen: 1 is that I get the error code somebody mentioned (above) saying "choose another category." Plus, the amount that Carnival is apparently prepared to charge me (over there on the right hand column) is $100 MORE than it should be. Hmmmm. Weird.

That price error has been an ongoing problem for a while. When you proceed to the next step the price corrects itself.

Question on the 8G aft balconies on the Victory....I am getting some of these as a choice for my party of 3 (myself, husband and will-be-then 14 yo son) for a June 2009 cruise. However, the code doesn't show that these have an upper or a convertible sofa as do the other balcony cabins. Do some of these really sleep 3? I'd like to book this upgrade as its a great deal, and I don't think they'd show these as a choice when I specified 3 people, but has anyone here been in these cabins and knows for sure?

I booked my 7/09 cruise GTY and now this sale offers an 8g for the same price as I booked guarantee. Called PVP and he said it should be no problem getting my booking switched to the sale, but he needed a supervisor to approve it. That was yesterday, today he says he's still waiting to hear, but should be no problem since there is no change in rate - just needs to be processed by sup. Could take "a couple days." Anyone else experience this situation??

I originally booked during the October big sale, and just used code P1S online to find that the price was $100 less per person, for the same 8A to 8H upgrade. Emailed my PVP; he called me within a few hours and saved me $200. We don't cruise until July 2009, so I'm hoping for more savings before we sail!

I just booked a 4A and got upgraded to the Verandah deck 4F for the same price! I was able to get two cabins next to each other and the price I got was $90 less (per cabin) than the website showed using the sale code.

I'm happy!

Because of this thread, I called my travel agent today to see about getting the upgrade from an 8A Main deck to an 8H Panorama deck. The way I figured on the website with the code it would cost me $40 more, but worth it so you all told me. When my TA called me back she got me the upgrade and said it would be $200 LESS than what I originally booked at!! I am so excited! - THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

I am going through the exact same scenario. After reading about the P1S code, and calling my PVP, he said the sale was for "new bookings only". I insisted that he run it by a supervisor, since I had read about it on CC!! He is in the process of checking, and was SUPPOSED to get back to me yesterday. We'll see...

I booked my 7/09 cruise GTY and now this sale offers an 8g for the same price as I booked guarantee. Called PVP and he said it should be no problem getting my booking switched to the sale, but he needed a supervisor to approve it. That was yesterday, today he says he's still waiting to hear, but should be no problem since there is no change in rate - just needs to be processed by sup. Could take "a couple days." Anyone else experience this situation??

Oop, my earlier response was regarding this post by PizzaPilot!!

I changed my 1 extended balcony and 1 inside cabins at the back of the ship to 2 side-by-side extended balconies on Verandah right in the center for $56, and the TA is sending me a check for $50 also, for some reason! So, the upgrade cost me $6. Soooo happy!

I am going through the exact same scenario. After reading about the P1S code, and calling my PVP, he said the sale was for "new bookings only". I insisted that he run it by a supervisor, since I had read about it on CC!! He is in the process of checking, and was SUPPOSED to get back to me yesterday. We'll see...

I got the Double whammy as I was also told it was for new bookings only and then I checked and also had the PVP check and this sale does NOT apply to my cruise NEXT AUGUST FROM NEW YORK TO CANADA ?? I was told because my cruise "MUST BE SELLING SO WELL" :eek::rolleyes: YEAH RIGHT !:D

I already posted in the "other" thread about the 8A to 8G upgrade.

But I don't mind repeating myself! :D

Called Monday about my Miracle 12/2009 cruise. Had originally booked an 8C aft because I knew they were going to recategorize those cabins and wanted to lock in the lower price. It became an 8I shortly after I booked and was being listed at about $60 more pp last time I checked.

PVP re-did the booking and got me a $400 (total) decrease.

I was so happy I booked Victory for May, using the P1S code and got the 4A to 4G upgrade. So, for the price of an inside, I have a window cabin (obstructed view) in the front of the ship, overlooking one of the "secret" decks.

Upcoming Fascination is the first time ever that I got a price drop. Due to the increase in fuel surcharge (I booked when it was $5), I got a net decrease of $59. Now, with these two sales, I'm paying considerably less than expected, plus I anticipate not having to pay the fuel surcharge on Victory & Miracle.

I'm happy.

Let me know if you hear from yours!! Still haven't heard from mine - getting ready to make another call soon!!

We booked our cruise (first ever!) a month or two ago for next August and when I called they said this code was for new bookings, but it looks like others have had it work for existing reservations. What do I do? Should I call back and speak to someone else?

Is this code a past guest code or something else? Does a TA know to use this promotional code or do I need to suggest this? Is it select sailings? I am about to book with a TA and needed to know.

It's a one day sale code.

*Cruise rates are in U.S. dollars, per person and based on double occupancy. Offer is non-transferable, and has no cash value. Farecode must be requested to receive promotion. No name changes. Government taxes and fees are additional for all guests. Full deposit required at time of booking. Minimum purchase category 4A. Offer excludes categories 1A/4S/5A/6E/7A/8P/8S/9A/11/12/SS. Offer is capacity controlled and is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. Rates are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Sailings within range may be slightly higher. Savings based on supersaver rates. Savings up to $50 per person up to $100 per stateroom on 3 - 5 day Sailings. Savings up to $100 per person up to $200 per stateroom on 6-12 day sailings. Best available upgrades available within like cabin categories (Interior to Interior, Ocean view to Ocean view, Balcony to Balcony). Category restrictions apply. Valid on new bookings only. Offer expires at midnight EST on Thursday 11/20/08. Applicable on select sailings through 12/18/09. Blackout dates apply. Some restrictions (including stateroom/category availability) apply. Request fare code P1S. Ship's Registry: Panama & The Bahamas

Archived