Carnival Sale on now.

Soccerfan

Let me know if you hear from yours!! Still haven't heard from mine - getting ready to make another call soon!!

Nope...three days later and I STILL have heard nothing. It's not like my PVP to give me the "run around". He's always been good to work with. I guess I will have to call him again and be annoying!

Nope...three days later and I STILL have heard nothing. It's not like my PVP to give me the "run around". He's always been good to work with. I guess I will have to call him again and be annoying!

Why would anyone put up with this? I'm not sure when you're cruising, but pizzapilot is cruising 8 months from now. That means that he can cancel at any time, for any reason, without penalty, regardless of whether or not the cruise is paid in full, and rebook at a lower price. There is no need to take a call back and get a supervisor involved. The next time this happens, tell the idiot you are dealing with that you can either cancel and rebook my cruise right now, or you can just cancel it and I will call right back and book with another rep. To add to that, what is the point of sticking with a PVP? Why do you want to leave messages, wait for callbacks, play phone tag? I will sail on my 10th Carnival cruise in January, and I have never, not once, had to make more than one call to Carnival about an issue, and have never had to wait for a callback. I call 1-888-Carnival and deal with whoever answers, whether I want to book, have a question about a booking, want to cancel, or to take advantage of a price drop and it always gets taken care of, right then an there. And I'm not a mean person. Maybe I'm just lucky. But after 10 cruises, I don't think it's luck. I could see going with a PVP or TA for the first or second cruise, when you don't know what discounts you qualify for, and know nothing about cruising. After that, you should take matters in to your own hands. There are basically 5 discounts, as it's been for years. Military, senior, past guest, state of residency, and travel industry. That's it. You either qualify or you don't. All the other info you need is right here on this site. OK, rant over. Who needs this soapbox?

I got mine yesterday. He said the Sup. approved it the night before and he gave us the upgrade. Hope you can get yours worked out too!!

Why would anyone put up with this? I'm not sure when you're cruising, but pizzapilot is cruising 8 months from now. That means that he can cancel at any time, for any reason, without penalty, regardless of whether or not the cruise is paid in full, and rebook at a lower price. There is no need to take a call back and get a supervisor involved. The next time this happens, tell the idiot you are dealing with that you can either cancel and rebook my cruise right now, or you can just cancel it and I will call right back and book with another rep. To add to that, what is the point of sticking with a PVP? Why do you want to leave messages, wait for callbacks, play phone tag? I will sail on my 10th Carnival cruise in January, and I have never, not once, had to make more than one call to Carnival about an issue, and have never had to wait for a callback. I call 1-888-Carnival and deal with whoever answers, whether I want to book, have a question about a booking, want to cancel, or to take advantage of a price drop and it always gets taken care of, right then an there. And I'm not a mean person. Maybe I'm just lucky. But after 10 cruises, I don't think it's luck. I could see going with a PVP or TA for the first or second cruise, when you don't know what discounts you qualify for, and know nothing about cruising. After that, you should take matters in to your own hands. There are basically 5 discounts, as it's been for years. Military, senior, past guest, state of residency, and travel industry. That's it. You either qualify or you don't. All the other info you need is right here on this site. OK, rant over. Who needs this soapbox?

I, too, am traveling 8 months from now. I'll call tonight and insist on results. (I'm also VIP, and have had good results in the past dealing with this PVP.) If the price of my cruise dropped with the sale, it should apply to me. Otherwise, I guess I'll tell him to cancel my booking I made in Sept. and rebook me with the new prices!!

I got mine yesterday. He said the Sup. approved it the night before and he gave us the upgrade. Hope you can get yours worked out too!!

I got GREAT news when I got home from work on Friday. PVP called with an upgrade and $120 off per person (there are 9 of us booked!!). It sure made my weekend! Happy cruising to all!!:D

Archived