Carnival Sale on now.

Soccerfan

I booked the Legend for the 3rd time today as it is my favorite ship.I got an 8I for $679pp. My PVP said I could have any balcony extended or regular any deck.I got cabin 8234 on Panarama deck which has a 175 sq ft balcony . Boy we can have some party out there.It is for Oct 4th,2009. It is a really good sale,much better sale than any in a long time.I may just have to book another for spring.

Woo Hoo, my first price drop on a Carnival cruise! The 8G we booked a few weeks ago on a past guest special for 799 was down to 689 today. I am hoping it continues to go lower, 589 would be awesome.

Now if only i could get my husband to accrue more vacation time i could afford to cruise more.

Any idea how long this particular sale will last, or how long sales like this one generally last? If I'm correct in my understanding, I wouldn't be able to save any money on the cruises I'm interested in booking, but for the same price as lowest-graded Inside Stateroom guaranty, I could instead get a guaranty on an almost top-of-the-line IS guaranty....does that sound about right?

What I would prefer (heh) would be a LOWER price on the lowest-graded IS GUAR, since I'm already prepared to swallow whatever/wherever Carnival wants to put me.

My problem with this sale is I'm still doing research and probably won't be ready to book for several more days at least -- so knowing how much time I have before it goes poof would be nice.

I was checking my prices,like I was booking a new cruise,called Carnival,had got my 2 reserved cabins ,for the Miracle augus2009,reduced by TOTAL of $600.00 .,what a nice surprise.Iam very happy.

I called about my Pride crusie for July 09 - I priced out on the website as though I were booking, used the promo code that was provided in this thread and saw a price difference but the operator told me there was no price difference on that sailing at this time. :confused: Is that right?

I called back.

And this time.. they took $420 off of my July 10,2009 Pride booking!!!!!!! I could hardly believe it - no OBC, just a straight up price adjustment! I don't know what kind of math I was using, but I was expecting $162 and ended up with the $420.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

for posting this sale!!!!

Soccerfan - How did you find out about this code?

I read about it on another cruisecritic post, can't remember where but I'm just so glad that so many people were able to take advantage of it. That's the great thing about this site, sharing the tips out there :D:D

Well the price of my balcony dropped $40.00 pp. BUT..... the fuel supplement increased from $35.00pp to $63.00pp, since I booked. I was told if they did the price adjustment on the cruise they would have to adjust the taxes and fuel supp. as well. That brought me to a whopping $12.00pp INCREASE! I have been watching daily for 9 months for a price drop and it finally came. Who would have thought it would amount to a big fat zero? Congrats to all who got a reduction!

Last week I booked a balcony (8A) on the main deck toward the back on the Pride. When I put in the code and priced it tonight I didn't get a price reduction, but for $40 total I could move up to a balcony (8I) mid ship on the Panorama Deck. I'd rather a nice price reduction, but what are your thoughts - good move or not for $40 - is it worth moving to the higher deck? Also I booked through a local TA, should she be able to get this rate for me?

Last week I booked a balcony (8A) on the main deck toward the back on the Pride. When I put in the code and priced it tonight I didn't get a price reduction, but for $40 total I could move up to a balcony (8I) mid ship on the Panorama Deck. I'd rather a nice price reduction, but what are your thoughts - good move or not for $40 - is it worth moving to the higher deck? Also I booked through a local TA, should she be able to get this rate for me?

Personally, I would definately pay the $40. I love the Panorama deck because I have always found it so close and convenient to things yet the cabins are very nicely tuckled away in a quiet spot :) Don't see why your TA wouldn't be able to get the move for you, after all your agreeing to pay more money!

I got the email today from Carnival about the one day sale that was taking place on Thursday so I called our PVP. He got us a 4 day cruise in April on the Fantasy for $40.00 cheaper than if I did through the website. I have to say that I thought the sale would net a bigger return than if I did it through the website, but $40.00 is still a savings considering we will be on the Empress deck towards the middle.

Well finally I seem to have scored on one of these. I have so far never had a sale improve on a price for something I had booked already or wanted to book. Today my PVP emailed me to tell me a short cruise I was looking at on the Ectasy next summer to take my kids on was much cheaper than when I had inquired last week. She said it was a sale price and a free upgrade (apparently a rare combination). I ended up getting a 6D for the price of a 6A and quite a bit cheaper than the online listings. Sorry, can't remember the specifics off-hand although I believe I saved at least $200 on a cabin with three people in it and close to the same on another with two occupants. I think all told it was $700 cheaper for the two cabins than when I looked last week. I went ahead and booked.

Thanks Carnival (and my PVP).

I know the obc can be used to pay gratuities. Can't be used at the tables. Still waiting to hear if it can be used in the slots somehow. (loaded from s and s card directly into slots)

First let me say that my first cruise we had a large enough OBC that we didn't have to add anything else with cash debit or CC. It (the OBC) paid for everything including slots and poker at the table. The poker I believe I was charged the 3%. After I returned I found out that this non-refundable OBC could have been changed to refundable by simply opening up an Ocean Players club account, depositting the amount, playing one game in slots and then cashing it out. If I'm lucky enough to see a 4 digit OBC again I'll have to try this lol.

Normally, the sales either haven't applied to my already-booked sailings, or the price was higher than what I'd booked at.

But I went online yesterday, saw that all Category 8's on Miracle were upgraded to 8I, so I called my PVP. I'd originally booked 5297 aft when it was an 8C. It was then changed to an 8I because of the cabin recategorization. Then, I moved down to 4230 because I wanted the shade.

Anyway, I called him and now have my 8I for an 8A price. That's $200 per person less than I paid originally for an 8C, and $245 less pp than the 8I was going for last week.

I was so excited I went ahead and booked Victory 5/17 out of San Juan. Using the sale code, all Category 4s are upgraded to 4G. These are the "inside" cabins that are actually the all-the-way-forward ones with the windows overlooking the "secret" decks.

Got the 4G for $549 pp. Using DP3 for past guests that I'd been looking at previously, you have to book a 4E at $689 to get an upgrade to 4G (the PG code is only giving a 2-class upgrade). Great price for 7-days in a cabin that, essentially, has a semi-private balcony!

With a sailing coming up in less than a month, and the holidays, and one already booked for next December, I really didn't need to add anything else to my credit card, but I just couldn't resist. The Victory sailing will be a college graduation present to DD (and me, to celebrate No More Tuition!).

Hi,

The code is P1S, Upgrades are all the way up. I got an 8G for an 8A cost. 4A's to 4G's and 6A's to 6B's are being offered.

However, our March 7 Liberty cruise was cheaper to go to an 8G on a senior rate than the P1S rate, by about $20 to $30 pp. Keep in mind :)

thanks for posting this code, soccerfan. i spent a good portion of the night last night looking for cruises, and this code was coming out cheaper than the past guest code (both had the upgrade, but on 1st and 2nd, ps1 was $10 cheaper on almost every sailing i checked).

i found some great cruise deals, but unfortunately, the flights for the times i was looking were averaging about 1-1/2 more than the total cruise fare.:(

I got the email today from Carnival about the one day sale that was taking place on Thursday so I called our PVP. He got us a 4 day cruise in April on the Fantasy for $40.00 cheaper than if I did through the website. I have to say that I thought the sale would net a bigger return than if I did it through the website, but $40.00 is still a savings considering we will be on the Empress deck towards the middle.

can you please post the code for thursday's sale? i'd like to see if it works in advance so i can book something right away on thursday if i find something more workable with flights.

i saw a reference to the thur sale last night, on the ccl site, but of course, no code, and i am again back to not getting sale emails.:rolleyes:

thanks!:)

Archived