Cannot believe Miami Hotel prices in February..

Liesel

I have been checking on hotel prices for 1 night in Miami for 2/19/09 before the Panama Canal cruise that we booked. I cannot believe the prices..$299 and up. And on most of these hotels the reviews are not that favorable regarding location and housekeeping. I also don't see that the Hilton Miami downtown or the Marriott at Biscayne Bay have shuttle service from airport and to ship.

Does anyone have any suggestions. :confused:

that is President's week, extremely busy. You could try pricelining it but don't count on anything cheaper. Best advice is bite the bullet and book something quick. Go to the actual sites for the hotels you are interested in and check availability there. Also we like the Holiday Inn Port of Miami, though they might be booked already.

I would try Pricline... The two times that we have cruised out of Miami we used Pricline. I believe both rooms that we got were around $100 or so...probably $120 w/ taxes. The only thing about Pricline is that you aren't guaranteed more than one bed. We got the Hilton on Prcicline and loved that. We were able to get two beds which was great because there were 4 of us. Not sure what we would have done if we hadn't.....we got lucky. The second time we stayed in Miami and used Pricline we got 2 rooms because there were 6 of us. We ended up staying at some resort hotel...I can't even remember the name but the rooms wern't nice at all. Four of us stayed in one room and we were given 2 beds for that room.

Either way I would still give Priceline a try if you can to save some $$.

Valentines Day is the peak of tourist season which starts about Thanksgiving and ends about Easter. Having lived there year round, hotel prices would about double at the peak. Those prices sound in line to me.

.... Im booking NYC/Manhatten, for the end of June, now to me that's expensive.

I have been checking on hotel prices for 1 night in Miami for 2/19/09 before the Panama Canal cruise that we booked. I cannot believe the prices..$299 and up. And on most of these hotels the reviews are not that favorable regarding location and housekeeping. I also don't see that the Hilton Miami downtown or the Marriott at Biscayne Bay have shuttle service from airport and to ship.

The Intercontinental is available on Easyclick for $173, $201 after tax.

The La Quinta on LeJune, airport, is available for $139, with free cont breakfast and a free shuttle to the port and airport

http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ4040&propId=4040

La Quinta Inn Miami Airport East

3501 N.W. Le Jeune Road

Miami, FL 33142

Free Internet | Free Breakfast | Comfy Beds Print this Page

Email this Page

Add to "My Favorite Hotels"

Best Available Rate View Details USD - American Dollars CAD - Canadian Dollars MXN - Mexican Peso

Room Type Nightly Rate Total*

Standard w/2 Beds $139.00 USD 139.00 USD

Accessible w/1 Bed $139.00 USD 139.00 USD

King w/Microwave-Fridge $149.00 USD 149.00 USD

King w/1 Bed $164.00 USD 164.00 USD

Deluxe Suite $174.00 USD 174.00 USD

* Rooms are Non smoking unless a Smoking preference is requested. Rates displayed do not include all applicable taxes/fees.

We have had very good luck using Priceline but as others have said, February is high season in Florida and you can expect high prices. Neither the Marriott or the Hilton offer shuttle service and I am not aware of any downtown hotels that do. Taxi fares from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel are set fares and are pretty reasonable so that should not be a major concern. If you have to have shuttle service look for one of the hotels/motels near the airport but remember that in that location the sound of landing and departing aircraft can be an annoyance. Good luck in your quest. Even at the higher rates the value of being in warmer weather and in your port city a day before your cruise is virtually priceless.:)

February is smack in the middle of high season in Florida (and other warm destinations). You'll pay premium prices from January until after Easter......

Archived