Independence of the Seas-Quick Review

Not sure if I read your notes correctly but you said to register your children as soon as you board at open house so there is no line at 1st night drop off. Am I understanding you to say that Adventure Ocean is open for kids the first night of the cruise?! Yippee!!
Yes, the open house is from 1pm-4pm!! There is a show at 5:45pm, then an expo from 7:30pm-9:30pm. The late night party is from 10pm-2am for $5 per hour:D :) I let her go for one hour the first night so she could meet some friends.

The next morning at 9am (the first formal night), we signed her up for Johnny Rockets!!!!! I apologize for not being able to download the kid's compass, click on cruisinmama's signature above and look at her Freedom or Liberty links, she has all of the schedules posted:)

Eventually I am going to get these uploaded:):)

Not sure if I read your notes correctly but you said to register your children as soon as you board at open house so there is no line at 1st night drop off. Am I understanding you to say that Adventure Ocean is open for kids the first night of the cruise?! Yippee!!

I've never seen it...maybe this is something new??????

I checked my listings and the LNPZ doesn't start till Day 2. So it would be awesome if it starts on Day 1. :D

This was our first RCCL cruise that offered the LNPZ on the first day! I am wondering if it was because the sailing was only 4 nights:confused::confused: We were pleasantly surprised:D Here is the day 1 schedule:

1pm-4pm Open House Come explore Adventure Ocean facilities. Bring your child's SeaPass and all parents/guardians SeaPasses so you can register your child (ren)

5:45pm-Adventure Ocean Family Welcome Aboard Show

7:30-9:30pm- Registration and Family Expo (parents are asked to remain with their children during the Expo)

10:00pm-2:00am Late Night Party Zone LNPZ is $5.00/per hour/per child. Payment is in half hour increments.

Once my scanner is fixed, I'll scan in !!:)

LOL! The pictures were taken with three different cameras! My friends, my daughters, and ours! That is what is taking me so long to create folders and put them together!

We have a konica/minolta dimage Z2. Most of the 'bright' looking ones were taken with that one. The darker ones were taken with my friend's camera and I'll find out what that is! My daughter has a digital concepts that I bought at Toys R Us!!:D

Either way they are all just great, good work again on the postings

Thanks for the review...we'll be on Independence this Saturday for the first 8-day Eastern Caribbean cruise. We can't wait to embark!!!

Steve

Steve - Please post upon your return what nights were the formal dinners and what the main entree's were each evening. We are trying to decide which nights to book Portofino and Chops on our 8 night Indy.

Thanks - C-T

All: My final check of CC...we'll be heading to the airport in couple of hours. I'll do my best to try posting during our cruise...if not, i'll take notes/pics and post when I return.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Floridagirl68, thanks again for posting all the pictures and sending me that one awesome shot of Independence and Mariner together.

Today I'm thankful that I'll get to experience Independence firsthand with my family in just a couple of days!

My signature line for Independence has gone blue, so that means it's time to go! :D

oh steve.....please write a long review when you return....or if you feel so inclined....could you post live?:rolleyes: great question cruiser t....yes we's also like to know about formal nights and such. we'll be doin' the new years eve 8 night indy. 4 weeks away:D
hahaha! My daughter loves the pengiuns!:):D

Formals are always day 2 and 2 days prior to the end of your cruise!!

All: My final check of CC...we'll be heading to the airport in couple of hours. I'll do my best to try posting during our cruise...if not, i'll take notes/pics and post when I return.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Hope you have a great time!! Wish we were going again;) Happy Thanksgiving!

Floridagirl68, thanks again for posting all the pictures and sending me that one awesome shot of Independence and Mariner together.

Today I'm thankful that I'll get to experience Independence firsthand with my family in just a couple of days!

My signature line for Independence has gone blue, so that means it's time to go! :D

You are so welcome:)

Have a great time with your family!! Happy Thanksgiving!

floridagirl.......what if it's a new years cruise? wouldn't you imagine that 1 of the formal nights would be then? the itinerary is 12/27-1/4....what do you think?
It makes the most sense! I would think it would be the 28th and the 31st! I only can dream of a New Year's cruise!!;):D You have to come back and let us know!

floridagirl68: thanks for the great review and all the information especially Adventure Ocean. We will have two gd's onboard (10 and 15). Just hope there is a tracker for the fifteen year old! We sail in one week; down to single digits. The girls have no problem making new friends, maybe they will have dinner with all of us occasionally.

floridagirl68: thanks for the great review and all the information especially Adventure Ocean. We will have two gd's onboard (10 and 15). Just hope there is a tracker for the fifteen year old! We sail in one week; down to single digits. The girls have no problem making new friends, maybe they will have dinner with all of us occasionally.
You are welcome!

I have a 15 year old as well, however, he was not able to go with us this time:( (we missed him) Just be sure that the 15 year old attends the very first evening so she can make friends. My son typically makes friends and I like that he travels with a friend, rather than alone:)

Archived