?(No) Trays in Lido

GeriatricNurse

I personally do NOT like my fruit runnning onto my eggs toast or any other thing on my plate. I will be bringing my own tray next cruise.

Just a friendly warning you may not want to come to Las Vegas and plan to eat in any of our wonderful Buffets :)

Lisa, excuse me, I still was under the impression that eating IS "essential" !

And, since you brought it up, hows about you being 'positive' about people, other than yourself, having the ability to use the Lido. (Mirrors can be very helpful)

Another bravo. I seriously cannot believe some of what I'm reading here, and bringing 911 into this? Unfriggin real. :rolleyes:

Personally, I like using a tray to carry various items including items for my significant other. It makes it quicker and easier. Each to their own, but I think that when something is taken away that people are used to and/or prefer, people are going to complain about it. To be defensive about it, semi-rude and uncorteous to others, and justifying just to protect the good name of your favorite cruiseline is mind boggling to me.

Wow.

What's wrong NHR have you not been to a Buffet here. There are NO Trays in Las Vegas Buffets, unless it is at one of the shady 2 bit hotels down off of Fremont Street. All I was saying is I was giving a friendly warning to only eat at the restaurants and not a buffet...... Geez let's try to take everything as a negative :rolleyes:

What's wrong NHR have you not been to a Buffet here. There are NO Trays in Las Vegas Buffets, unless it is at one of the shady 2 bit hotels down off of Fremont Street. All I was saying is I was giving a friendly warning to only eat at the restaurants and not a buffet...... Geez let's try to take everything as a negative :rolleyes:

Been many, many times, that wasn't the point, it was your tone in correlation with your other comments here, not exactly positive, try condescending and somewhat rude to other members here. I apologize, but I don't seem to be the only one here feeling this way. :D

They took the trays away from the Wynn buffet? :eek: I distinctly recall trays there last time I stayed at the Wynn.

I seem to recall that Royal Caribbean did away with trays a while ago.

I rather liked the way they did it on Cunard. At the beginning of the line, a staff member was there to hand you your cutlery and napkin. At that time he/she would ask if you required a tray.

So couldn't the front door person ask people coming in if they need a tray and give them to those who require it? It would save guests searching out a staff member to ask for one.

We have always done the grab a table, and have one person hold it while the other gets food, then the other person goes. The buffets on most lines are overcrowded at peak times anyway, so we've had to do this in order to get a table.

I don't for a minute believe Lisa is trying to put down or denigrate those who have mobility issues. Even if it is coming across that way.:)

Personally, I like using a tray to carry various items including items for my significant other. It makes it quicker and easier. Each to their own, but I think that when something is taken away that people are used to and/or prefer, people are going to complain about it. To be defensive about it, semi-rude and uncorteous to others, and justifying just to protect the good name of your favorite cruiseline is mind boggling to me.

What he said.

And said so well.

They took the trays away from the Wynn buffet? :eek: I distinctly recall trays there last time I stayed at the Wynn.

OW, The Wynn has never Ever had trays, nor has the Belliagio, Paris, Treasure Island, Mirage, Green Valley Ranch. Nope all they have are stacks of very large plates. The only ones that may have had trays many years ago was Circus Curcus and the Stratophere but even those D grade buffets did away with them several years ago.

Wow, a rumble!:eek:

Question please: On the two 'tray-less' ships, is the option still there to have a steward assist those with mobility/carrying issues as they continually do on the twelve other dam ships with trays?

When I am off in port and DH is alone on the ship, he asks for assistance in the Lido. It's pretty empty up there on port days, and he doesn't seem to have difficulty finding someone.

However, when it's a sea day and we are dining in the Lido, it's always packed with people. It's not easy to find a crew member who isn't busy cleaning tables or otherwise engaged in various duties.

As I said in an earlier post, my priority is to find an easily accessible table for DH -- which, btw, might not be in the most convenient location. Only certain tables are conducive to wheelchair seating.

Once I get him seated, I cannot collar a crew member and ask him to stand in line for me and get DH's food.

If DH were to accompany said crew member to the food station of his choice, then when the food was procured, the two of them would be roaming the Lido looking for an accessible table.

Wow, a rumble!:eek:

Question please: On the two 'tray-less' ships, is the option still there to have a steward assist those with mobility/carrying issues as they continually do on the twelve other dam ships with trays?

Well said!!!!! Isn't service what HAL is known for? It appears that the percentage of passengers who do not need trays or help with their food in the Lido make it easier on the Hal staff to accommodate those who ask for help. With some pretty major issues a lot of people are dealing with I don't think that "trays or no trays" is high on the priority list. Especially if help is available if asked for. Cherie

When I am off in port and DH is alone on the ship, he asks for assistance in the Lido. It's pretty empty up there on port days, and he doesn't seem to have difficulty finding someone.

However, when it's a sea day and we are dining in the Lido, it's always packed with people. It's not easy to find a crew member who isn't busy cleaning tables or otherwise engaged in various duties.

As I said in an earlier post, my priority is to find an easily accessible table for DH -- which, btw, might not be in the most convenient location. Only certain tables are conducive to wheelchair seating.

Once I get him seated, I cannot collar a crew member and ask him to stand in line for me and get DH's food.

If DH were to accompany said crew member to the food station of his choice, then when the food was procured, the two of them would be roaming the Lido looking for an accessible table.

I apologize to you for my previous post. You obviously are in need of help in the Lido. I would think that HAL would provide that help but your experience has been very different. I, personally, would not be opposed to making two or three trips for everything I need, but that does not seem to be an option for you. I am not a buffet or cafeteria type of diner so the Lido is not appealing to me. I apologize if I have offended you with my previous post. Cherie

The "option" was there on the Veendam, but the "opportunity" was not. At least not on a timely basis.

I boarded under Code Red; anyone and everyone was very busy serving and keeping things clean.

When I stopped in the Lido after sail-away there were very few passengers in line/eating, but there weren't stewards standing there ready to help, either. It took several minutes of standing at the drink station waiting until someone was free, before I had help to carry my glass.

Had I been carrying a plate of hot food, it would gave gotten cold while I waited.

The "option" was there on the Veendam, but the "opportunity" was not. At least not on a timely basis.

I boarded under Code Red; anyone and everyone was very busy serving and keeping things clean.

When I stopped in the Lido after sail-away there were very few passengers in line/eating, but there weren't stewards standing there ready to help, either. It took several minutes of standing at the drink station waiting until someone was free, before I had help to carry my glass.

Had I been carrying a plate of hot food, it would gave gotten cold while I waited.

Granted, but Code Red is a whole other ball game, isn't it? Based on HAL's customer service experience, under 'normal' conditions, if you walk up to a supervisor, always around in the Lido, and ask him/her for assistance, pretty darn sure he/she will get you just that

Based on HAL's customer service experience, under 'normal' conditions, if you walk up to a supervisor, always around in the Lido, and ask him/her for assistance, pretty darn sure he/she will get you just that

I DID walk up to a supervisor and asked for assistance. He promised he would help me himself. He then proceeded to the other end of the Lido, and was last seen chatting with passengers sitting there. :rolleyes:

There's no way to put a good spin on this.

Oh, my gosh! From reading through the last couple of pages of this (very heated) thread, you would think that LAFFINVEGAS HERSELF took the trays away!!!!:eek:

Yeah, some of us don't miss the trays, and yeah, some of us think that the totally freaked-out reaction by some other posters to the "tray fiasco" is just a little bit over the top.

They still have a diningroom, folks. You might not prefer that to a lido WITH TRAYS, but in the diningroom, they'll bring you EVERYTHING. :)

Okay, now, everybody, breathe in, breathe out.:cool:

Archived