NCL Courtyard Villa Question (My 1st Cruise)

ken85121

I just checked out some pictures.....the second and third bedroom look as good as their AD suite. I wonder if they would take a room in it.

Well, anyway...the price is way too high! I've already spent a lot and it's paid for and even with all 3 rooms in the CV, it still doesn't equal the book rate they want it at!!!!

The issue you have is the AA gives you courtyard access but your kids and IL don't get auto access, guests are generaly not approved off.

Also the kids if in the balcony next door to the AA don't automaticaly get the Cagnies access for b'fast and lunch allthough a word once on board should resolve that.

I have a question for every one. We are going to be planning an Alaskan cruise probably for 2010, and it will be the two of us, my "inlaws", and my sister and her husband. I just checked the price of the G.V. on the Star for June of 2009 just to get an idea of the cost, and it averaged out to 7800.00 per couple.

Here is my question. It says there is 5000 sq feet for the G.V. Is part of that the courtyard? Or is it 5000 sq feet of actual living space? Can anyone comment who has sailed in the G. V. with two other couples about if you felt cramped or felt like you had a loss of privacy, etc? Appreciate any input.

Terry, You definitely won't feel cramped in the GV.:D The 5000 Sq.Ft. is cabin + outside space (patio + upstairs). GV's *very* private on Star and Dawn

Cabin #14500 on the Star:

Balcony Square Footage 3612

Cabin Square Footage 2286

Edited to add:

Just to entice you, here's a pic of the Dawn's patio, #14500:

Cabin #14500 on the Star:

Balcony Square Footage 3612

Cabin Square Footage 2286

Even the cabin size is larger than my 3 bedroom house! We have toured a couple garden villas and they didn't feel cramped... GO FOR IT terrymtex! I hope one of these days we can find some people willing to share the GV with us. Well at least some people we don't have to pay for :D.

Robin

I have a question for every one. We are going to be planning an Alaskan cruise probably for 2010, and it will be the two of us, my "inlaws", and my sister and her husband. I just checked the price of the G.V. on the Star for June of 2009 just to get an idea of the cost, and it averaged out to 7800.00 per couple.

Here is my question. It says there is 5000 sq feet for the G.V. Is part of that the courtyard? Or is it 5000 sq feet of actual living space? Can anyone comment who has sailed in the G. V. with two other couples about if you felt cramped or felt like you had a loss of privacy, etc? Appreciate any input.

Terry, the Star and Dawn don't have a Courtyard and, on the ships which do, the Courtyard space is in addition to that quoted for a cabin, including the GVs. We attended a party in one of the GVs on the Pearl - tons of room (30+ people) and the weather was such that most people were inside.

We sailed with our two kids and the nanny. We wanted privacy. We got it. The 5k sq ft INCCLUDES the roof deck. But the villa is bigger and roomier than on the Jewel class and HAS TWO master suites with really luxurious baths. The front one is the one that is usually in the pictures with the curved front facing window, curved shower (the room is pie shaped). It has a small closet. The back one is the one we use b/c it has a great rectangular bathroom (a bit smaller tub) and a much bigger closet/dressing area (I'm a clothes horse). It also opens directly to the garden.

The garden is huge. I'd say 30 x 35 or 40 ft. The hot tub is in the middle and protected from the wind. There are two eating areas and two or three discrete lounging areas. The roof is accessed by a curved staircase and has the same square footage as the villa itself (it's the entire room. THAT is why you want the GV in Alaska. We were there and the views from up top (almost 360) are amazing.

We've never done it with other couples but the rooms are all big enough for them to be pleasant private spaces (the middle is the least attractive, with a regular bathroom but it's still a lovely room) if you like. And there's plenty of space in the garden and in the living/dining/kitchen area for people to be together but separate.

If you can do it, i strongly recommend doing it. Tell Simone the concierge hi.

Well I'm not sure about all the Garden Villas stuff but the information about the Courtyard Villas was helpful. Like I started in the post, $3,000 is expensive enough. I was just hoping to hear that they would discount them at some point. Thanks. :)

Archived