NCL getting rid of laundry rooms...

Luv4dacruise

Here's a great tip I got from another cruiser. I brought the travel size Downey Wrinkle Release spray with me on our last cruise. A few sprays and a few tugs on the garment and it works great! Also, I always have the Tide to Go pen and the OxyClean travel size spray. These are tried and true items. So no laundry or ironing for me! We always bring enough undies for the entire trip, they really are small enough to not count much in your luggage. Have a great cruise! :)

With the recent fuel prices going way down, the airlines should at least be taking one bag on free. I could see maybe charging for a second bag. The overhead bins are bulging when you fly these days. If you are traveling, it's obvious that you are going to need to be taking clothing with you and especially on a cruise. Of course we know that is never going to happen with the airlines because like the food charges, if they find a way to make a buck, they are going to do it. You can figure it's probably here to stay.:(

I really hate they are pulling out the laundry rooms. Hubby is a frequent flier so the luggage thing doesn't really apply to us, but I didn't really want to have a bunch of stuff to drag and was trying to keep it light. I really loved the express disembarkation and it helps to have less with you.:D

I will be bringing some Woolite and the portable clothes round (if you have camped, you know what I am talking about) with me to hang my lingerie. It's way too expensive for me to send out to have ruined. Some things shouldn't be dried in a dryer. :eek:

I know it's frowned upon, but I do my own wash about 1/2 way through the cruise. I bring a 30 foot thin nylon rope, which my husband strings elaborately back and forth on our balcony. I bring a bunch of clothespins and small packets of travel laundry soap and do my wash on a warm Carribean evening - takes about 1/2 hour. I hang it on my balcony at night, and by morning it's all dry and no too wrinkled. I then remove the rope and enjoy my balcony as before. Easy. No big deal.:D

Frankly, I am glad they are getting rid of these laundry rooms. Its no fun being in a cabin next to one. It seems no one can do their laundry quietly. And many choose to use them at 3AM. Don't anyone sleep anymore?

There are signs posted for people not to use them before 8am or after 10pm. I thought that was fair enough time for people to use.

I say charge for the use. I'm willing to pay.

Archived