NCL getting rid of laundry rooms...

Luv4dacruise

Geesh...those are going to be small cabins. Our last two cruises were 15 and 13 nights and I didn't do laundry on either. We waited for the laundry special to be offered and my husband packed more in one of those paper bags than I could imagine! The 20 bucks we spent were well worth it...we got our laundry back the next day and I still have the little laundry cabin ID tags on some of my shirts - everytime I see them I think of our wonderful cruise...and the fact that someone else did my laundry!! :D

Was just on the thread "Irons on Pearl" (forgive me, im at work and cannot copy and paste on these terminals) and there is talk that NCL is getting rid of these rooms and turning them into cabins. Check out the thread.....

I also read the same thing on the Dawn thread!:(

This bums me out.....I know it seems silly, but a laundry room really is convenient.

I agree.....just knowing it is there if needed was kind of reassuring..just in case I had not packed enough:D

Geesh...those are going to be small cabins.

I guess to want revenue at all costs and this time, it's removing laundry rooms to have more people paying for their laundry + the revenue from that new cabin.

I don't remember the laundry room size (was it smaller than an inside cabin?) but if it is small, I hope they make single occupancy cabins out of it. I LOVE to cruise solo without a single supplement but those deals are hard to find.

what this really means is that they don't want cruisers who do the wash themselves. I must admit I rarely use the washers and dryers preferring the specials to doing it myself(I do like washing out my bathing suits in the washers however)....on the ships the rooms are insides rooms. On the Dawn one of the rooms is behind a "crew only" sign(the one on the 5th floor) and is used by the crew as well(we get better machines than they do).

it was great. Loins and Elephants galore....but I detached a retina....

How horrible! Where were you when this happened and what did you do to get it fixed? :( I sure hope you were able to get it corrected right away!

My husband has had many detachments due to being born prematurely. He has no vision in one eye and limited vision in the other. :cool: Fortunately for you technology for reattaching retinas these days is much better. But I am curious if you got this fixed while on your cruise or after?

Best of luck to you. :)

My "vacation" rules...no cooking, cleaning or laundry...no matter how long the vacation:D

My philosophy as well......I do enough laundry at home and there's no way I'd be doing it on my vacation. Should either DH or I have a food spill disaster we'd send it out....

But that's just us. I imagine if you're traveling with kids, etc. that it would be convenient.

How horrible! Where were you when this happened and what did you do to get it fixed? :( I sure hope you were able to get it corrected right away!

My husband has had many detachments due to being born prematurely. He has no vision in one eye and limited vision in the other. :cool: Fortunately for you technology for reattaching retinas these days is much better. But I am curious if you got this fixed while on your cruise or after?

Best of luck to you. :)

I was in Hermanus South Africa. It was initially diagnosed as floaters(which it probably was then) and later it detached. It was fixed when I got back to the US. I did about 1000 miles driving with only good vision in one eye and driving on the left side of the street. I am told my vision will slowly return over the next 30 days. I wasn't on a cruise. The bouncing around when I spent 10 days in the bush probably didn't help but I wasn't about to get it fixed in Maun Botswana. I arrived back in the US last tuesday am and was operated on Wednesday night.

This is NOT good news!:(

With the airlines charging extra for luggage the one saving grace for the longer cruises was doing laundry half way through. I know they have "deals" once or twice during the cruise but my DW is kind of fussy about laundry and wants to do her own.

The laundry rooms were very small on all the ships that weve sailed on. I always use the laundry rooms since i like to pack light and take clean clothes home etc. We found it even more wonderful on the long transatlantic cruise on the Gem. I hope this rummor is not the case, and it stays as a rumor. I would rather pay for self serve laundry use than see it removed. I would assume that they make enough money from the laundry detergent etc to compensate somehow.

Archived