Pinacle for lunch-dress code??

dvrdude

We're planning on having lunch at the Pinacle at least once on our next cruise. Is the expected attire the dress of the day ala dinner time or is it more casual since it's lunch? I have searched but did not find the answer already out there. Thanks

I wouldn't go in shorts but dockers and polo are perfect. I know someone will say they've been there in shorts but many of us would not feel comfortable doing that.

For the ladies, slacks and a top/blouse; gents in any long pant and shirt with collar.

Enjoy! Lunch in Pinnacle is very nice.

Thanks, Sail. I would never have shown up in shorts, but rather would have erred on the side of caution and worn a jacket un-necessarily. Looking forward to lunch. We've eaten there a few times for dinner but this will be a first lunch. Again, thanks.

I did go in shorts once, because my wife and I were walking by the PG and decided on the spurt of the moment to have lunch there. I was NOT the most underdressed guy in the place (that award went to the gent in cut-offs, a wife-beater, and a ball cap). Normally I would wear slacks, but didn't feel too out of place in shorts.

We're planning on having lunch at the Pinacle at least once on our next cruise. Is the expected attire the dress of the day ala dinner time or is it more casual since it's lunch? I have searched but did not find the answer already out there. Thanks

I was surprised at how casual the dress was on our last Caribbean cruise. I was glad I brought along extra Capri outfits. We were waaaaayyy overdressed for the first couple of casual nights, but changed into more comfortable and casual clothing. We also saw lots of people in shorts in the PG during the day.

I'd say if you want to wear a jacket and slacks in the PG for lunch, go for it, but you're going to see plenty of people who will be wearing much more casual clothes.

I did go in shorts once, because my wife and I were walking by the PG and decided on the spurt of the moment to have lunch there. I was NOT the most underdressed guy in the place (that award went to the gent in cut-offs, a wife-beater, and a ball cap). Normally I would wear slacks, but didn't feel too out of place in shorts.

Cutt-offs and a wife beater!! :eek: My old lady. . .er . DW would kill me! :D

Daytime wear aboard ship is casual wear, and that goes for the Pinnacle Grill too. While I've not worn shorts to the Pinnacle for lunch, I've seen people who have and it's not a problem. Besides ... their legs are UNDER the table ... how can one tell one one is seated?

As an aside to the thread's topic ... I love the Pinnacle Grill for lunch. They've got some very nice choices on their menu for lunchtime.

Besides ... their legs are UNDER the table ... how can one tell one one is seated?

Wonder what the reply would be if someone were to use this same statement and apply it to dinner. Same legs, same shorts, same table but I bet perception would be different.

Dress code in the Pinnacle is the exact same as it would be in the dining room. Whatever you can wear there for lunch, you can wear in the Pinnacle. Same goes for dinner. If it's a formal night in the dining room, then it's formal night in the Pinnacle.

Blue skies ...

--rita

The Pinnacle Grill is a wonderful place for lunch. You will notice that the older the person is the more likely that their attire is conservative. You may not see people who are 70 Plus in shorts, but you will see younger people wear them in the Pinnacle for lunch.

My wife and I are 56. Our friends are in the early(just) 60 range.

we spent Sunday lunch in the Pinnacle Grill with shorts on. It was a very pleasant meal and pleasant atmosphere. The fashion police were not there however just our friends Peter, Robert, Robertus and Bruno. Very nice wait staff. Best Filet I have ever had. And yes I include R.C. steakhouse.

The Brownie with ice cream is decadent.

Wonder what the reply would be if someone were to use this same statement and apply it to dinner. Same legs, same shorts, same table but I bet perception would be different.

It's been tried, but the problem with the argument is that the dress code circumstances are different between lunch and dinner. HAL has Formal NIGHT, not just Formal Dinner. Shorts are fine throughout the ship during the day, but during the evening hours the minimal dress code stipulates that they are "not allowed" in public areas (other than the Lido deck and outside). While it is true that one's legs can be hidden under a table at dinner, one spends much time during the evening hours "out and about" in lounges drinking, dancing, going to shows, chatting, etc. It's kind of hard to hide one's bare legs on the dance floor or sitting in the Explorer's Lounge listening to classical music.

Did you mean bathing suits or the foot things? Or..... :D:D:D

***giggle***

It's been tried, but the problem with the argument is that the dress code circumstances are different between lunch and dinner. HAL has Formal NIGHT, not just Formal Dinner. Shorts are fine throughout the ship during the day, but during the evening hours the minimal dress code stipulates that they are "not allowed" in public areas (other than the Lido deck and outside). While it is true that one's legs can be hidden under a table at dinner, one spends much time during the evening hours "out and about" in lounges drinking, dancing, going to shows, chatting, etc. It's kind of hard to hide one's bare legs on the dance floor or sitting in the Explorer's Lounge listening to classical music.

I hope you are just referring to men's legs - I have every intention of wearing knee-length dresses sans pantyhose. While I don't have Angelina Jolie legs, people probably won't run screaming in the opposite direction upon sight of my bare legs... :p

I hope you are just referring to men's legs - I have every intention of wearing knee-length dresses sans pantyhose. While I don't have Angelina Jolie legs, people probably won't run screaming in the opposite direction upon sight of my bare legs... :p

! LOL ! Yes, absolutely. I'm referring to men. :D

Archived