What is your "other" favorite cruise line

My husband and I have been on 4 RCCL cruises in the last 5 years. We really love the cruise line but we want to try another line that offers diffent Caribbean ports. We are in our late 30's. We have no interest in Carnival. What other lines have you sailed and loved and is it you like about that line? We were thinking maybe NCL, Princess or Celebrity.

Thanks all!

My husband and I have been on 4 RCCL cruises in the last 5 years. We really love the cruise line but we want to try another line that offers diffent Caribbean ports. We are in our late 30's. We have no interest in Carnival. What other lines have you sailed and loved and is it you like about that line? We were thinking maybe NCL, Princess or Celebrity.

Thanks all!

I'm in my mid 40s. I really liked the Celebrity cruise we took on Century. The crowd was not as "old" as on HAL. Not as activity-driven as RCCL. The ship decor was very contemporary. Lots of great bars, and great night life. Rooms are nicely decorated, feels very much like a boutique hotel (not big, but well laid out...). Food is about the same as on RCCL. We are very anxious for our cruise on Solstice. I think it will be like Century but a step up. It looks fantastic and the variety of dining is very attractive to us.

We also sailed on NCL Sky. It was great for a short cruise, but I don't think I would want to do a longer cruise on NCL. Would cost too much with all the extra charges.

We have a princess cruise booked for next fall. We have friends who swear by Princess, so we are going to give it a whirl.

We have pictures of Century and Sky on our web site if you want to compare. (http://web.me.com/thecruiseguys)

Mike

I'm in my mid 40s. I really liked the Celebrity cruise we took on Century. The crowd was not as "old" as on HAL. Not as activity-driven as RCCL. The ship decor was very contemporary. Lots of great bars, and great night life. Rooms are nicely decorated, feels very much like a boutique hotel (not big, but well laid out...). Food is about the same as on RCCL. We are very anxious for our cruise on Solstice. I think it will be like Century but a step up. It looks fantastic and the variety of dining is very attractive to us.

We also sailed on NCL Sky. It was great for a short cruise, but I don't think I would want to do a longer cruise on NCL. Would cost too much with all the extra charges.

We have a princess cruise booked for next fall. We have friends who swear by Princess, so we are going to give it a whirl.

We have pictures of Century and Sky on our web site if you want to compare. (http://web.me.com/thecruiseguys)

Mike

I would agree. We are in our early 40's and have been cruising since our early 30's.

I would recommend NCL for a FUN cruise. We cruised the NCL Pearl on a 9 day. We were a bit nervous because my rule of thumb is the longer the cruise the older the crowd and it was surprisingly younger than expected. The Pearl did have the smallest standard balcony cabins I have seen on a ship so if the cabin makes a difference I would stay away or book a larger room. The nice thing about the Pearl is that they do have different food venues that you don't have to pay and if you manage it well it wont bust the budget.

Princess is great. It is hard to choose between RC and Princess when booking a vacation. They both do an excellent job.

Celebrity is a favorite too. I agree with this Poster.

Holland America can be a bit snoozy but if you like a good book and a sedate or relaxing vacation it could be really good.

Have not cruised Carnival but I REALLY want to try it just to say I went! I know many that have gone and could not believe the crowd and others that did not take notice of the crowd and had a fabu time. It could be the week they were sailing.

The only other cruise line we have sailed on is HAL. It's a bit of an older crowd, but when the in-laws are paying we're not complaining :p:p

In all actuality, it does draw an older crowd, but when we sailed HAL it has always been over the holidays so there is more of a diverse crowd.

My DH and I want to get our feet wet with a Celebrity cruise, not quite their yet, still have some teenagers to go through RCCL with yet!! No complaints from us on that one though, we are sailing Liberty alone in June ;)

We are in our early 50's and we love to cruise on Celebrity. They won me over the first day I was at the pool and was not woken up every few minutes with those darn PA announcements(sp?). Those things drive me crazy. Nice ships, good food, and wonderful cabin attendents.

Laura

Holland America is Carneval....

Whatabout Fred Olsen line. That is a totaly different way of cruising. More like it use to be... More eurpean pax, and quiet relaxing way.

not party party party all the time

Holland America is Carneval....

Whatabout Fred Olsen line. That is a totaly different way of cruising. More like it use to be... More eurpean pax, and quiet relaxing way.

not party party party all the time

:confused::confused:Do you mean that HAL is owned by Carnival or that HAL is a party type atmosphere like Carnival? The latter is obviously not true!

I am in my early 60's and the pax on the HAL are too old for me either chronologically or mentally. Maybe in another 20 years I could fit in!

My preference for the other cruiseline is the Princess. I have enjoyed my time on the Princess and would do it again if the port/itinerary was what I wanted.

Note to Princess: Bring your ship back to Galveston!

Thanks all!

Twice we strayed from our favorite cruiseline, RCI, for the same reasons you stated. We love the RCI product, but we needed a change from the same tired old ports, menus, etc. Carnival was not a good fit at all for us, but we really enjoyed our Princess cruise very much! We felt that there were some things Princess did better than RCI, and some things that RCI excels at, and it all balanced out to an euqivalent cruising experience.

Hopefully my "other favorite" line will be RCI pretty soon. After 9 excellent cruises on Carnival we decided to try something new. The only other line I have been on was Premier, and unless someones got a time machine, I won't be cruising on one of their ships again.;)

Little history first. I'm pushing 50 here, took my first cruise by myself when I was 19. Took a group cruise offered by AAA out of New York on HAL's Rotterdam. Had no idea what I was getting into. Had a blast. Yes the passengers are older, but some of them can really party. I think that is why I enjoyed it so well. Ended up taking 3 more crusies on the Rotterdam with the same group. Sometimes alone sometimes with a friend or co-worker. You can learn a lot from the older generations. They had a ton of stories I truly cherished. Ended up with many adopted grandparents who took me under their wing. Don't know if that is the reason or not but after RCCL, I would definately rate HAL as my 2nd favorite.

Archived