Live from the Indy

hawkfanI

We were picked up from the Embassy Suites around 11:00 and we were boarded and in our cabin by 12:30. Had a great lunch at the Windjammer. We are in cabin aft 1702, awesome balcony, much bigger than the other cabin balconies unless you have a sweet. My brother has an owners suite, it's sweet but the balcony isn't much bigger than ours. Since I'm paying .37 per minute I'm making this quick!! So far, this is an awesome vacation.

thanks for posting live....we'll be on her in 3 weeks. are you online in your cabin? i keep forgetting to ask people who've been on her before....are the cabins wireless?

Hi,

Wireless internet is available in your cabin. Am guessing OP has a coupon. Normally charges are :

$.55 per minute

Or pre-paid Internet Packages:

60 Minutes............. $28

90 Minutes............. $38

150 Minutes........... $55

Please keep my cabin in good shape -- we are boarding on Sat!:D

Can't wait to see that aft balcony.

Are there any Holiday Decorations up on the ship yet?

Have a wonderful cruise.

Kathy:)

We just got off, a little more decorations appear every day. Huge tree in front of Sorrento's and their jukebox plays Christmas music. Most dining areas have gingerbread houses on display.

(go hawks!)

How is the weather? We'll be boarding on Saturday!

Mostly sunny, but a bit cool in FLL right now. Disembarked yesterday from Indy. We had great weather for our eastern Caribbean cruise, outside of a pretty stiff headwind heading south east.

Have a great time.

Mike

Weather great, about 75 right now. The aft cabins do rock and roll a little bit more than the mid ship cabins but I like it. Yes, there are Christmas decorations up. Big display as you're entering Windjammers. Yes, I am online in our cabin. You can pay pkg deals. I just opted for the $55 pkg which gives you 148 minutes of online time. If you want to have online access you have to go to the internet access cafe and sign up and then you can go back to your laptop and choose what pkg you want. Tomorrow we're in Belize! Have only ate at the Windjammer so far. Had a late lunch yesterday so we weren't hungry enough to go to the dining room. Tonight's a formal night. Sorry if my answers are short. Just trying to get in as much as I can in a short time.

Please keep my cabin in good shape -- we are boarding on Sat!:D

Can't wait to see that aft balcony.

Are there any Holiday Decorations up on the ship yet?

Have a wonderful cruise.

Kathy:)

The ship is beautifully decorated for the holidays. Be sure to check out the gingerbread village at the entrance of the Windjammer. Many of the railings around the Prominade are festooned with garlands of pine and ribbons. The Prominade itself features a very tall and well lit Christmas tree.

I did wish there more poinsettias. In fact, I never saw one. Maybe they'll add those for this current sailing.

Hi:

Also a "Hawk" fan. We live in Des Moines, Iowa. We'll be on the IOS this Saturday and it's good to hear that the weather is warm. It is very cold here, so if you're coming back to Iowa, be prepared. :confused:

Our 2nd time on the IOS and looking forward to another great cruise.:p

We're also staying at the Embassy Suites. Is it still a great hotel with free breakfast and Happy Hour? I hear theyv'e remodeled some since we were there a year ago. Is it warm enough to swim in their pool? I remember last year the pool was great.:D

Happy Cruising....Sparkle 10 (Anita):p

You may not use one, but have you attempted to us a VPN connection and if so, does it work?

The net itself is unpredictable and slooooooow. VPN means something like Skype right? That's going to be an expensive way of having a conversation as you will still have to log in to the ship's network.

positive reporting from the fabulous Indy; thanks for keeping all the envious interested future cruisers among us apprised of the goings on on-board. We're interested in the current situation with reserved deck chairs & deck areas for suite guests...has this been implemented on Indy, to what extent (size, location of reserved areas and more importantly, if so - are the chairs being used enough to warrant this set-aside real estate). As was discussed in an earlier post in agonizing frustrating length...the issue is not with the reserved space (unpublished perk), but is it being used or left vacant while general population seating is scarce??:eek:

Thanks again

Weather great, about 75 right now. The aft cabins do rock and roll a little bit more than the mid ship cabins but I like it. Yes, there are Christmas decorations up. Big display as you're entering Windjammers. Yes, I am online in our cabin. You can pay pkg deals. I just opted for the $55 pkg which gives you 148 minutes of online time. If you want to have online access you have to go to the internet access cafe and sign up and then you can go back to your laptop and choose what pkg you want. Tomorrow we're in Belize! Have only ate at the Windjammer so far. Had a late lunch yesterday so we weren't hungry enough to go to the dining room. Tonight's a formal night. Sorry if my answers are short. Just trying to get in as much as I can in a short time.

Hey Hawk! Thanks for posting. I'm in 1702 on Dec 21 - so I appreciate the updates. Do you notice any noise from the Windjammer above? Take good care of her. I'll prepare the family for the additional rocking and rolling. ha. Enjoy your cruise!

And Kathy - take good care of that Cabin for us as we'll be in her right after you! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Thanks for updates on the holiday decorations. When we were on the Explorer in Dec. 06, it seemed like everyday they were placing more poinsetta plants around the ship so most likely we'll be seeing that happen on the Indy.

Melisking, Hi Roomie! Since I suspect we will not want to get off you may end up with us in the cabin! :D

Just kidding. I will keep all in good shape. You are so lucky to be spending Christmas on a cruise!

Kathy

thanks for posting live....we'll be on her in 3 weeks. are you online in your cabin? i keep forgetting to ask people who've been on her before....are the cabins wireless?

Yes, the cabins are wireless, but horribly slow.....for my 60 minutes, all I could accomplish was one email to family saying how great things were....one posting on Cruise Critic to say how great things were.....and a partial completion of my boarding pass home. Slow...like molasses in January!!!! But they're wireless......!!

Just got back from the IOS and had a great time. Only one problem that apparently has been resolved. Hubby went into the Dining Room for Breakfast wearing a Tank Top and was asked to get something else on. There was never anything in the Cruise Compass indicating that Tank Tops were not allowed in the Dining Room for Breakfast or lunch. Many men were turned away at Lunch in the Dining Room while in Labadee that were wearing Tank Tops. Many very angry. Issue addressed with Head Waiters and there were shown that there was no restriction published in the Crusie Compass. The next morning men were allowed to go into the Dining Room for breakfast and lunch.

Side notes:

Formal night - we saw at least 3 men in shorts and t-shirts in the dining room. What gives????? Answer- 'We did not see them enter the dining room.' There were many Head Waiters who could not have missed them walking around.

Bringing wine onboard - Others tried to bring wine onboard from the Islands and were told to check it in. When boarding the first day we saw passengers bringing a case(s) of wine and no one said a word.

No consistant enforcement.

To all you future Indy cruisers, I just loved the ship and Hubby thought it was our best cruise ever! We've sailed Freedom and Liberty too. They are all great ships.

The crew on Indy was very friendly. Check out Henry Duplon at the Schooner Bar. He is such a great bar man, so friendly and sincere. Columella in the Diamond Lounge is such a gracious and helpful concierge. Our assitant waiter Abraham Vasquez busted his fanny keeping my iced tea filled up and offering rolls. Eunice Cayasso, our cabin steward, was one of the best we have ever had. Her towel animals were so funny and created with such a sense of humor.

I really hope you future Indy cruisers have the same great experience we did.

Just got back from the IOS and had a great time. Only one problem that apparently has been resolved. Hubby went into the Dining Room for Breakfast wearing a Tank Top and was asked to get something else on. There was never anything in the Cruise Compass indicating that Tank Tops were not allowed in the Dining Room for Breakfast or lunch. Many men were turned away at Lunch in the Dining Room while in Labadee that were wearing Tank Tops. Many very angry. Issue addressed with Head Waiters and there were shown that there was no restriction published in the Crusie Compass. The next morning men were allowed to go into the Dining Room for breakfast and lunch.

Side notes:

Formal night - we saw at least 3 men in shorts and t-shirts in the dining room. What gives????? Answer- 'We did not see them enter the dining room.' There were many Head Waiters who could not have missed them walking around.

Bringing wine onboard - Others tried to bring wine onboard from the Islands and were told to check it in. When boarding the first day we saw passengers bringing a case(s) of wine and no one said a word.

No consistant enforcement.

SIL was turned away one lunch time in the MDR for his tank top. He just went back to the cabin and changed; we hadn't realised that tanks weren't mentioned and thought they were aligning them with vests.

I'm interested to read about the case of wine. It sounds very odd.

Just got back from the IOS and had a great time. Only one problem that apparently has been resolved. Hubby went into the Dining Room for Breakfast wearing a Tank Top and was asked to get something else on. There was never anything in the Cruise Compass indicating that Tank Tops were not allowed in the Dining Room for Breakfast or lunch. Many men were turned away at Lunch in the Dining Room while in Labadee that were wearing Tank Tops. Many very angry. Issue addressed with Head Waiters and there were shown that there was no restriction published in the Crusie Compass. The next morning men were allowed to go into the Dining Room for breakfast and lunch."

Do you need to see it in writing not to walk off a bridge? Who the heck wants to see men in tank tops in a dining room? Doesn't any sense of decorum exist or is this just an indication of the class of people traveling. That is why there are other venues for dining, more attuned to sports attire. Common sense should prevail. You don't have to have everything in writing. I think the ship folding on the issue was wrong and the fact that there was an argument over it indicates the class of those arguing. Eat at the other venues if you need to show your hairy armpits.

Archived