PLease sir, may I have some more?

lodewyk

If I recall our conversation correctly, I believe Capt. Yeomans (Ruby Princess) likes brussel sprouts too.

I will be sure to avoid the Ruby Princess in the future just in case he makes the passengers eat brussel sprouts with every meal.

Recently, on the Emerald, I made an offhand comment that the escargot one of my table mates was eating looked good and a few minutes later I had an order in front of me.

Once on the Rhapsody our waiter found out I love lobster and the night they served it, as I finished one lobster tail, he would ask if I was ready for another. With everything else that night I was only able to eat 4 but he was ready to bring as many as I could eat. What a life!!!!

Recently, on the Emerald, I made an offhand comment that the escargot one of my table mates was eating looked good and a few minutes later I had an order in front of me.

Once on the Rhapsody our waiter found out I love lobster and the night they served it, as I finished one lobster tail, he would ask if I was ready for another. With everything else that night I was only able to eat 4 but he was ready to bring as many as I could eat. What a life!!!!

And people who have never cruised before wonder why we find it so addictive.

I dunno, there is something about those spring rolls. I had them on the Dawn last Feb, they were fantastic. I tried to order them the next night, denied. I thought I had pretty good odds of her finding some, but nope.

On our 1st cruise I ordered something that when it arrived I really didn't care for it. The waiter noticed that I hadn't eaten much of it and asked if he could bring me something else. I ordered another entre and he brought it without question. You will find that vegetable servings are very small so on one cruise I asked if I could have more asparagus. The waiter brought a huge bowl full - enough for everyone at our 8 person table to share. Another time all of us at our table were commenting on how much we loved the raspberry creme brulee (it is wonderful!) and shortly the waiter arrived with 5 of them. We all enjoyed our second desserts. On our Bermuda cruise the coffee in the dining room was awful so our assistant waiter brought us coffee from room service every night. It was sooo much better than the DR stuff. You will find that in most cases the waiters will go above and beyond to please you and they also have a great sense of humor.

We should meet. I have never known anyone who likes brussel sprouts. But carrots now, they are yummy. :D

Even though we have not met I am a lover of brussel sprouts, also carrots and adore broccoli.:D

Marilyn

Hi there

The dinning room service is on the whole excellant,

many times I have been at atable where some one has cleaned there plate well ahead of other dinners and with out asking another meal arrives , with the waiter saying I think you are hungry tonight,

or on hearing us chat about anothers meal how nice it looks a plate of that appears for us all to try

like wise on spotting one of us picking at our dinner they would step in and ask if everything was alright, to the point of taking taht plate away and bringing you another similar to what you ate the night before,

you will have a great cruise just pack cloths two sizes biggerr than what you are today as you will need
something to wear on your trip home

yours Shogun

[quote name='Shogun']you will have a great cruise just pack cloths two sizes biggerr than what you are today as you will need
something to wear on your trip home

yours Shogun[/quote]

I had to laugh in a Celebrity boutique when I noticed that all the ladies' black skirts had elasticized waists.

My husband has a very specific list of items he orders double of on a cruise: smoked salmon, crab legs, prime rib, lobster etc. The waiters are always very accomodating and I am always amazed....he never ever gains an ounce. How unfair!

I found the caramel napoleon served on the sapphire princess absolutely delish! After consuming the appetizer, soup, salad, entree and dessert I was overly stuffed...If I had room, I would have eaten a 2nd helping of the dessert! When our waiter came by to ask us how our dinner was, I then commented on how good dessert was and that if I weren't so full I'd eat another! he then jokingly said you can take it to go! then disappeared off into the kitchen and returned with a 2nd helping of the dessert, fully plated & wrapped in saran wrap!!! I was a very happy camper that evening...

[quote name='leoandhugh'][B]If you know you want two separate appetizers, or entrees you should order them at the same time. Reason is because the kitchen sets up appetizers first and then the entrees If you order a second appetizer after the fact, your waiter may have difficulty obtaining one because they will no longer be on the shelves where they pick up food - it will have then switched to entrees. So if you know you are going to want two of anything or two separate dishes - order up front:)[/B][/quote]

Due to Anytime Dining, the kitchen will have all courses available.

I reckon all the Princess food is OK, I mean how else would I put on 3kg (7 pounds) on a 2 week cruise OR 5 kg (11 pounds) on a 4 week cruise which we normally do.

Well come new year off with the last 5kg to make way for the 5kg I will add on Crown, in June/July.

Yes..I am an Aussie Foodie!:p I have been known to ask for a double of fish or lobster, but no trebles! I do not eat desserts either, must be the only Princess pax who does not order or touch desserts.:rolleyes:

We eat 50/50 dining room and buffet, easy in the dining room, do not order those calorie laden desserts and in the buffet I just close my eyes as I walk through the buffet display. God I am strong!:D

TRUE STORY:
On one of our cruises I commented to the waiter that the grand marnier sauce was so fabulous on the souffle, I could eat a bowl of it. Yep, in a few monutes, he set down a bowl of the hot, creamy sauce. Most happily, my spoon was at the ready and I enjoyed my "bowl of sauce" immensely. :cool:

[COLOR="Black"]With all of the extra food ordered on cruise ships I wouldn't be surprised to see a charge for any wasted food.
[I]Order all you want, but eat all you order.[/I] ;)[/COLOR]

[url]http://wcbstv.com/seenon/food.waste.charge.2.882636.html[/url]

My son has particular taste and I always advise the wait staff ...He LOVES soup So he will order one at first and very often ask if he can have another at the end of the meal He always gets 2 shrimp cocktails to start .All waiters are Always COOL about that.He rarely has desserts
My tipping is VERY dependent on how they treat my kids .they treat them well I treat them VERY WELL.We had 1 assistant waiter who did magic for him before you know it he was performing for all the other tables too .It was great.
Dinner for me on a ship is a REAL TREAT so I like to enjoy and try different things .WE all love extra veggies and I order them every night .At regular late dining the wait staff figures out our habits real quick and I like that!!!

Michele

Archived