First Princess says yes to Fuel Surcharge OBC and then NO!!!

GLCAS

:mad:I leave on Sunday for a B2B on the CB and Princess told me when I phoned that I would get the OBC on the second week of fuel surcharge refund. Now my TA says they say no! The others sailing on this week will get the refund with no doubt.(Dec,21) So why should I be penalized because I bought 2 weeks and not one!! Maybe face to face with an agent when boarding? Help!!!!:mad:

Well, then, you are probably stuck, sorry. You are considered to be on one cruise, not a B2B, and your cruise starts before the fuel surcharge refund goes into effect.

The good news on this is that you were charged fuel only for the first ten days, IIRC, so the last four days don't have a fuel surcharge. The person you spoke with probably did not know and/or thought you were on two separate bookings. Depending on when you booked, its a difference of $30-$54 for two people, so try to just let it go. That amount will be negligible in the typical onboard charges of a two week cruise.

I have one booking number so it is considered a 14 day

Sorry, you will not get the fuel refund as your cruise leaves before Dec. 17. If you would have done a two 7 day B2B then your 2nd week would have been refunded.

Marilyn

It seems to me like this is just getting off on a technicality. And I didn't know that I only paid the charge on the first 10 days? The TA didn't say anything about that either :confused:. What makes it frustrating is that they told me yes. I asked for a confirmation of this and she said all I needed was my Booking number. I think I will still give it a try when boarding to see if I can get a bit of justice and if not let it go and have a great vacation.

That answered the question why. Sorry, but even a face to face isn't going to help this I am afraid. They seem to be standing their ground on the dates of your sailings for the refund, and since the cruise was booked as one cruise instead of a back to back, I doubt you will get anything but frustrated if you persue this. Your hands are tied on this one, and also your TA's, there just isn't anything your going to be able to do about it. :(

It's like making the next tier in the captains circle half way through a booked cruise. It isn't going to happen.

Have a great cruise though.

Yes, it is a technicality, but they picked a date (and it was apparently based on the Nov. 4 fuel price being above $70 by a few cents, and the previous 25 trading day lead in time) and the date is the date. You are sailing before that date by a few days. Even using the previous refund formula you would not qualify because of the Nov. 4 closing price. And everyone sailing this weekend is paying the fuel surcharge unless they have been booked since Nov 2007.

When the fuel surcharges went into effect, they only charged them for the first 10 days of a cruise, so when it was $7 per person per day, it was a maximum of $70 for one cruise, even if it was a 10 or 14 or 21 day cruise. Fuel surcharges, depending on booking date, were $5, then $7, then $9, but there was always a maximum for a cruise, and it was equal to 10 days.

What are your fuel charges? Your TA can tell you if it is not spelled out on your invoice. Or post your booking date and we can tell you. But you paid 50/70/90 each for your fuel charge, not a multiple of 14.

actually to get the maximum it is a multiple of 14, it maxed out at a 14 day sailing. so when the fuel supp was 5$ it was 5x14=70, at this point it was before they suspended it 126 which is 9x14.

This is what we had previous paid for our upcoming 14 Day sailing. We were assessed a charge of $5 per day for the 14 days, per person.

actually to get the maximum it is a multiple of 14, it maxed out at a 14 day sailing. so when the fuel supp was 5$ it was 5x14=70, at this point it was before they suspended it 126 which is 9x14.
Oh Gosh, you are absolutely right, and I am not sure where I got the 10 days from. I just double checked the original press release and even that one shows a maximum of $5 x 14 days = $70. I owe GLCAS an apology for mis-speaking. :o I am sorry for giving out wrong information on the maximum. And I used to be pretty good at math!

GLCAS, aw rats. Then you are paying $9 x 14 days x two people = $252 in fuel supplements. I suppose the good news is you have a lovely aft balcony from which to enjoy the view and watch all those fuel dollars being used up.

Again, I am sorry about the 10 day vs. 14 day confusion. Mea culpa. I can only hope that you saved more than $126 each on the 14 day fare vs. two 7 day fares. (If you were to book today it is a $186 difference, but it is another story four months out).

Amazing how the cruise card when you first board will be only for the first segment and you will have to get a new card for the second segment. This treats it as two cruises even though you booked it as one.

Archived