Help on Voyager series...room on back of ship?

scottlyn

We are thinking about getting rooms on the back of the ship. I hear it is called the fan tail. We have cruised many times before, but never on the fan tail.

Balconies look bigger, are they? How is the movement of the boat?

We are looking at rooms 1688, 1690, and 1692 on Voyager.

Thanks for your help!

We had a bit of side ways wierd motion apparantly last time on Voyager. It seemed to affect some who said they never got seasick before. I didnt think the motion was bad.

I would prefer to be in the aft because its easier to get to the dining room and then up to the buffet and pool area than from the front of the ship. Who knows about the motion?? There does seem to be more sailing into the gulf than out of Florida where there are more islands to break the wave motion.

The balconies are deeper on the aft cabins. The cabins stay the same size. On Voyager class ships, tho--the hull of the ship extends beyond the balcony, meaning you'll be overlooking part of the ship as you gaze out to sea. It bothers some folks not to be able to look straight down into the water....not sure why!

Ther may be more motion aft (depends on the seas!!!)....think of the ship as a see-saw---the ends move more than the center. If motion (and a long walk to your cabin) don't bother you, then an aft cabin will give you alot of balcony!

Those balconies are huge. We just sailed AOS in 1692 and were surprised to see that the cabin was deeper than the side D1's we have had, so not only was our balcony huge, but the cabin a bit larger also. And both 1688, as noted above, and 1388, are cabins as large as Jr. Suites and even larger balconies than the center aft cabins!

We did a cruise a year ago where we picked a back of the ship balcony room and my husband and I loved it. While it did not have a sliding door, the balcony was larger and there was room for a regular lounge chair. I took a few good naps out there!

Archived